Future Cruise Deposit after recent cruise

BrandiGreg

Has anyone heard of or used a program called "Welcome Home" whereby you can make a future cruise deposit within 60 days following the end of your last cruise? I believe the onboard credits for using that deposit is less than you get with regular future cruise deposits that you make on board. Any idea how I can do this?

While I don't know why folks don't just do it onboard and get the full amount of OBC I've heard of people doing this through posts here on CC. I'd just call Princess and ask...

While I don't know why folks don't just do it onboard and get the full amount of OBC I've heard of people doing this through posts here on CC. I'd just call Princess and ask...

Exactly--I tossed my form in the box on the morning of discmbarkation day. Went thru just fine.

Yes, I've heard of doing it after getting home, but don't know details for you

So I didn’t buy onboard- I know - dumb! My friends were against it so I followed. We got home and I got an email from Princess with a reduced future cruise credit. I decided to book a 10 day eastern Caribbean. DH and I each received a $30 obc- not $100 but still a little fun $$. Appeared right away with our prepaid gratuity and our very generous discount on ez air. Will definitely buy one before we get off next time.

So I didn’t buy onboard- I know - dumb! My friends were against it so I followed. We got home and I got an email from Princess with a reduced future cruise credit. I decided to book a 10 day eastern Caribbean. DH and I each received a $30 obc- not $100 but still a little fun $$. Appeared right away with our prepaid gratuity and our very generous discount on ez air. Will definitely buy one before we get off next time.

If you like Princess and intend to cruise more I would strongly suggest getting more than one each. (You definitely need to get them for each person if you want to use them for booking more than one person.) We've found that having one each simply was not enough. When you want to book another cruise and have used all your FCDs it's real bummer. It's not like you lose the money. If you don't book within 2 years (the cruise doesn't have to be within that time frame but you do have to book within that time frame) Princess will refund the cost. I tend to book about 1.5 years in advance so it's hard to know when I will need to have FCD available. I don't always book that far in advance - I just recently booked for next November - but I've found that when I book way ahead I watch as the price goes up and up.

Here are the amounts that came from a Princess document previously posted.

Welcome Home/Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) Promotion

Voyage Length

3-6 days: $10 - Interior/Oceanview; $15 - Balcony/Suites

7-10 day: $15 - I/O; $30 - B/S

11-16 days: $40 - I/O; $60 - B/S

17+ days (excl. world Cruise): $75 - I/O; $125 - B/S

World Cruise (All Lengths): NA

Offer Expiration

Offer is valid for 60 days from the date of disembarkation

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/Post_FCD_Final.pdf

Has anyone heard of or used a program called "Welcome Home" whereby you can make a future cruise deposit within 60 days following the end of your last cruise? I believe the onboard credits for using that deposit is less than you get with regular future cruise deposits that you make on board. Any idea how I can do this?

The E-mail is normally sent out to all passengers who did not purchase an FCD or book a cruise while on the ship.

If you did not receive the E-mail after a recent cruise, contact Princess and tell them you did not get the offer.

We have never got off the ship without some FCD each. We always have 4 each just in case.

Tony

The E-mail is normally sent out to all passengers who did not purchase an FCD or book a cruise while on the ship.

If you did not receive the E-mail after a recent cruise, contact Princess and tell them you did not get the offer.

We did not purchase FCC on cruise last month because we already had 2 each on the books and we figured that was enough. Now we want to do 3 cruises before our next one, so we can only cover 2 of them.