Money questions....OBC, final payment, gratuities

baxley

Just wondered about this as final payment is fast approaching... In the final payment...do they include gratuities? If you have lots of OBC, can you have them remove the gratuities from final payment, and then pay them out of your OBC? I know I can find this out from my TA but wanted to know before I talk to him. Thanks for your help.

Final Payment does not include gratuities. As KK said, they will be charged to your on board account each day as the "Hotel Service Charge." The charge depends on the type of stateroom you booked. Suites are,I believe, $15pp and everything else is $12 pp. Lucky you to have lots of OBC! You will get Mariner Days credit for this "spend" even though the OBC was given to you.

Karen

Just wondered about this as final payment is fast approaching... In the final payment...do they include gratuities? If you have lots of OBC, can you have them remove the gratuities from final payment, and then pay them out of your OBC? I know I can find this out from my TA but wanted to know before I talk to him. Thanks for your help.

I wanted to include them in my final payment but my TA said that HAL didn't do that, and the workaround was to buy the equivalent amount of OBC to cover them.

On a recent cruise we had alot of OBC plus free gratuities! Normally we use the OBC to pay for the gratuities, but this time we got to spend it on other things (mostly shore excursions and wine).