Grand Cayman question

Trying to plan an excursion to Stingray City. Does anyone know what time the Breeze usually arrives in Grand Cayman? Our excursion time is 8:30. Will I have time to make it? Providing the weather allows the ship to tender of course.

Is your excursion booked through Carnival? The excursion operator will wait for you.

If not, you run the chance of missig it.

Who did you book the excurson through? Also, what does your itineray say about arrival time? We can't know your cruise details unless you tell us more.

when we booked a tour in Grand Cayman we were told make sure you take the first tender make sure your out there on time and we followed all instructions and still had to wait an hour for them to show up . I would not go take my time or sit and have a meal but I also would not stress that I would be late ..

Does anyone know what time the Breeze usually arrives in Grand Cayman? Our excursion time is 8:30. Will I have time to make it?

Look at your itinerary online, it gives the arrival & departure hours.

And yes, your tour operator will wait for you - they want your $$

Look at your itinerary online, it gives the arrival & departure hours.

And yes, your tour operator will wait for you - they want your $$

I had one not wait for me when I could not find the correct spot once i found the correct spot they had already left so that is not always true

We did a stingray city excursion and the captain came and picked us up. He knew what time our ship was coming in and they gave us directions on where to go meet him and all that. I don’t know if I can name it on here but it was great! And not very expensive. I think it’s the #1 rated stingray tour on TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising on Carnival Breeze,arriving September 13. Excursion is not booked through Carnival. We did this same excursion a few years ago with no problems. I just don't know if arrival time is the same as before. Thanks in advance.

If you want to go to Stingray City I highly recommend that you book it yourself and not go on the ship sponsored tour. Captain Marvin, Native Way or Moby Dick are all good choices and will be less expensive then the ship sponsored tour. The biggest advantage will be the number of people on the tour. The ship sponsored tour will put a 100 people in the water. The private tour may have a dozen people on the boat. The local tour operators are smart. They know when a ship arrives and they know when a ship leaves the island. They won’t let you miss your boat. Have fun. Don’t panic when you feel the stingrays slither around your feet for the first time. They are like puppies. Just don’t step on them. I have been to Stingray City several times and I have never seen anyone have an issue with a stingray. While you are at it....go to Hell too. And pick up a rum cake in port too. They can last up to 6 months unopened in your pantry.

Thanks for all the answers! My DH posted the question and had forgotten he could check the itinerary on the Carnival site for arrival time. We have a meet time of 8am but a few months ago when we arrived in Georgetown, we were delayed getting off to tender and it was after 8 when guests finally arrived at dock. We did not have an excursion booked that time, so weren't worried about being late off the ship. This time we will be bringing our DS and new DIL and it is a first time for her. We are hoping for beautiful weather!:cool:

I am hijacking my wife's previous post. We have been to Hell and back, turtle farm, Seven Mile Beach and rum cake factory. Can't wait to get back. Also a cheeseburger in Paradise! Stingray City has always been a favorite.

I agree with the posts recommending Captain Marvin. The best excursion experience ever! I contacted them via their website and booked directly. If the ship couldn’t anchor for tenders, we wouldn’t have been charged. They recommended a trip that gave us enough time to get back and do a bit of shop before getting on the tender. Highly recommend booking with them!

I agree with the posts recommending Captain Marvin. The best excursion experience ever! I contacted them via their website and booked directly. If the ship couldn’t anchor for tenders, we wouldn’t have been charged. They recommended a trip that gave us enough time to get back and do a bit of shop before getting on the tender. Highly recommend booking with them!

We are booked with Capt. Marvin. Have the early tour so we can do a little Margaritaville after and the "kids" can do some beach time. :D:cool:

Serena - We are arriving in September so the time will be the same. They do not utilize DST so the time is only different in the winter. If you use your Carnival HUB app, it always shows ship time.

breeze is in port from 7AM til 4pm

pay attention to when the last tender out leaves Sometimes that is 3pm

Galveston and Grand Cayman are on the same time zone

so if your meeting is 8:30 so you have plenty of time

You can also walk over to Capt Marvin's office near the port and book than.

That's what I would do. Skip the reservations. They won't run out of boats in Cayman to take you to the sandbar.

Also if the weather is bad or you are not feeling well, you don't have to cancel your reservation.

What is the best tour for the stingrays and a little beach time afterwards?

I don't recall the name, but we went directly to the sandbar and played with the stingrays. Then we headed to a beach which was on the opposite side of the island from where we began. Got dropped off, and kicked around there. Bar / Restaurant / Volleyball with new friends you meet there, etc. Just hang out under a coconut tree until it is time to board the boat back to the starting point, and take a van back to the tender, and ultimately to the cruise ship.

We are booked with Capt. Marvin's 8:30am stingray and snorkel. It is $40 and no deposit required. Pay when you arrive. If the ship does not get to dock there will be no charge. But there will be a charge probably if you just don't show up. You do give them a CC to hold your reservation. They have great reviews - check them out - Captainmarvinsdotcom :cool:

Trying to plan an excursion to Stingray City. Does anyone know what time the Breeze usually arrives in Grand Cayman? Our excursion time is 8:30. Will I have time to make it? Providing the weather allows the ship to tender of course.

We took the Carnival excursion that used the 'explorer' ship, and it was great. Easy to walk off stairs, 2 showers to wash off on the back!