24 day cruise next year?

JMKreno

John Heald posted today about a special 24day cruise next year being announced next week. Any ideas? Splendor to Singapore? Panorama to Long Beach, via Asia? What other ships have unaccounted for time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Panorama is dead heading to Long Beach.

Splendor to Sydney(?). Saw the itin on another site. Mostly seadays. Think only 7 port days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by SadieN

Carnival Australia's first date available for sale on the Splendor is November 25, 2019 from Singapore. Splendor's last available cruise for sale from Long Beach ends on October 5, 2019. So there is definitely enough of a time gap there for a 24 day cruise and then a dry dock...

But will it be one cruise or 2 cruises. For The "Splendor".. When "The Legend" goes to Alaska in your summer, it's 2 cruises. One is Sydney to Hawaii (19 nights) Then Hawaii to Seattle (11 nights). They change from Australian money to US Money & change all the beer's Too. Lol. So it might be Hawaii to Singapore.....

I'm doing a 19 night Singapore to Sydney in 22 days time. with the Carnival Spirit..

But will it be one cruise or 2 cruises. For The "Splendor".. When "The Legend" goes to Alaska in your summer, it's 2 cruises. One is Sydney to Hawaii (19 nights) Then Hawaii to Seattle (11 nights). They change from Australian money to US Money & change all the beer's Too. Lol. So it might be Hawaii to Singapore.....

I'm doing a 19 night Singapore to Sydney in 22 days time. with the Carnival Spirit..

John Heald said one cruise. When the Legend went over to Sydney in 2014 from Long Beach, it was a 23 night (actually 22, we lost a night).

Belkin,

Where do you see that cruise from LB to Singapore on Oct 5, or is it secret insider info?

Somebody posted the supposed itinerary on another social media site. Only 5 ports, Maui, Honolulu, Guam, Malaysia, and Viet Nam. 18 sea days. Since you lose a day crossing dateline, it’s really 23 nights. Whether this is true, we will see.

Edited by crzndeb

That would be difficult to do since they cannot do a Long Beach to Hawaii for the previous leg.

Greenland?

You' date=' sir, need an atlas. [emoji2']

Say Hi to your lovely wife!

10/5 Long Beach

10/10 Maui

10/11 Honolulu

10/20 Guam

10/25 Malaysia

10/27 Vietnam

10/30 Singapore

Everything else is a sea day. International Date Line crosses on 10/15.

You, sir, need an atlas. [emoji2]

Say Hi to your lovely wife!

10/5 Long Beach

10/10 Maui

10/11 Honolulu

10/20 Guam

10/25 Malaysia

10/27 Vietnam

10/30 Singapore

Everything else is a sea day. International Date Line crosses on 10/15.

Hmm the OP did not say anything about where it might be going. How is your favorite sister and the feisty one!

I've done a 21 day Journeys cruise {that was really a 10 day eastern MIA to SJU and then an 11 day southern SJU to MIA}, so a 24 day cruise is certainly doable for me.

And I would bring the same 21" single piece of luggage that I use for my week long cruises.

John Heald said one cruise. When the Legend went over to Sydney in 2014 from Long Beach, it was a 23 night (actually 22, we lost a night).

Belkin,

Where do you see that cruise from LB to Singapore on Oct 5, or is it secret insider info?

Somebody posted the supposed itinerary on another social media site. Only 5 ports, Maui, Honolulu, Guam, Malaysia, and Viet Nam. 18 sea days. Since you lose a day crossing dateline, it’s really 23 nights. Whether this is true, we will see.

I have had the same PVP for 10+ years. I called her and she looked it up for me. It is there in the system, but no prices and can't be booked yet. She gave me the date 10/5 for 24 nights and the itinerary and it matches postings I have seen on other sites.

Got tired of waiting booked one on Princess to Iceland.

I’m heading over there (and Greenland) on RCI Serenade in Aug.

Since I’m all about new ports at this stage in my life, the Splendor repo fits the bill, plus I love sea days. It will get me 1 day short of Diamond, so I guess I will just have to book the last Mexico cruise prior. LOL. Then in 2020, a B2B on NCL and Celebrity in South America.

Got tired of waiting booked one on Princess to Iceland.

I’m heading over there (and Greenland) on RCI Serenade in Aug.

Since I’m all about new ports at this stage in my life' date=' the Splendor repo fits the bill, plus I love sea days. It will get me 1 day short of Diamond, so I guess I will just have to book the last Mexico cruise prior. LOL. Then in 2020, a B2B on NCL and Celebrity in South America.[/quote']

What else is on the itinerary for these 2 cruises?

Since you lose a day crossing dateline, it’s really 23 nights.

No, it's not like when you cross an imaginary line the last 24 hours of your life vaporizes.

It's just that in one direction you have: Mon, Tue, Tue, Wed... and in the other direction you get Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri.

Does not affect how long the ship takes to get from A to B.

No, it's not like when you cross an imaginary line the last 24 hours of your life vaporizes.

It's just that in one direction you have: Mon, Tue, Tue, Wed... and in the other direction you get Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri.

Does not affect how long the ship takes to get from A to B.

I realize that. I have done both the Spirit and Legend repo’s. But you still go to bed Tues and wake up Thurs., so maybe skip a day is a better term, not lose. And it was actually a day less than advertised, both times.

Edited by crzndeb

What else is on the itinerary for these 2 cruises?

The Serenade TA is Copenhagen Den., Skagen, Den., Stavanger Nor., Lerwick Scotland, Akureyri and Reykjavik (overnight) Iceland, Qaqortoq, Greenland, Sydney, Nova Scotia, and Halifax...ends in Boston

I realize that. I have done both the Spirit and Legend repo’s. But you still go to bed Tues and wake up Thurs., so maybe skip a day is a better term, not lose. And it was actually a day less than advertised, both times.

Yes, skip a day and repeat a day are perfect.

If they advertised a certain number of nights and you did not have exactly that number of sunsets, I would take exception to that advertising.

Yes, skip a day and repeat a day are perfect.

If they advertised a certain number of nights and you did not have exactly that number of sunsets, I would take exception to that advertising.

Believe it or not some people were worried about tips for that extra day but they didn’t add it for day skipped. We did get the extra day for loyalty status though. Go figure.