Lido Deck 15 Ruby

claytons one

Hi We are booked on Deck 15 Lido deck Interior Cabin on the Ruby Princess. December sailing from Auckland NZ for the Bay of Islands. What experience have others had with this deck please. We are in L241. It seems a good deck as far as proximity to pools and eateries. Thoughts from past experiences please. clear.png?emoji-halo-1683

I like the Lido deck for a Carib cruise when I'm going to have alot of pool time. I like the Plaza deck if the cruise has alot of ports. If the cruise has alot of open sailing then Plaza deck will have less motion.

We are in L241. It seems a good deck as far as proximity to pools and eateries. Thoughts from past experiences please. clear.png?emoji-halo-1683

You are correct, good location for access to pools, the buffet and food stands near the pools.

Since you are forward of the elevator and stairs, there will be very little passenger traffic past your cabin so it should be relatively quiet.

I like the Lido deck for a Carib cruise when I'm going to have alot of pool time. I like the Plaza deck if the cruise has alot of ports. If the cruise has alot of open sailing then Plaza deck will have less motion.

Thanks. I love swimming so is one good point. :)

You are correct, good location for access to pools, the buffet and food stands near the pools.

Since you are forward of the elevator and stairs, there will be very little passenger traffic past your cabin so it should be relatively quiet.

Thanks. Yes I certainly want quiet. Seems this would be the case as there are only a smaller number of cabins there. :)

Great location in my experience; have been in that area of the Ruby and several other Princess ships, and have never been unhappy about my choice. I like the convenience, and that the forward elevators are usually less busy than those at midship and aft ( except immediately after muster drill and after production shows in the Princess theater, of course!!)

Hi We are booked on Deck 15 Lido deck Interior Cabin on the Ruby Princess. December sailing from Auckland NZ for the Bay of Islands. What experience have others had with this deck please. We are in L241. It seems a good deck as far as proximity to pools and eateries. Thoughts from past experiences please. :halo:

I've walked past your neighbor's cabins many times, coming up the forward elevator stack.

They get a lot of traffic, D241 will only get some Therma Spa traffic. You're not under the

Fitness (thud, thud, thud) Center.

You're up high and forward, crossing the Tasman Sea twice. The Tasman has a reputation

for being rough, but you're thinking of Dec (high summer) and to the north, away from the

Southern Ocean, so likely smooth, possibly not.

I always book the Lido deck inside cabin.

Close to all the open decks for viewing!

Close to the buffet!

A nice walk to the aft pool and bar!

Forward elevators are not busy! (except after muster and maybe the main show) and an easy ride down to the Piazza!

Quiet!

Great location in my experience; have been in that area of the Ruby and several other Princess ships, and have never been unhappy about my choice. I like the convenience, and that the forward elevators are usually less busy than those at midship and aft ( except immediately after muster drill and after production shows in the Princess theater, of course!!)

Thanks everyone. We have cruised once before and were ok although we were midship. Yes I like the idea of less cabins and less crowded. Thanks for helping. :)

Edited by claytons one

I've walked past your neighbor's cabins many times, coming up the forward elevator stack.

They get a lot of traffic, D241 will only get some Therma Spa traffic. You're not under the

Fitness (thud, thud, thud) Center.

You're up high and forward, crossing the Tasman Sea twice. The Tasman has a reputation

for being rough, but you're thinking of Dec (high summer) and to the north, away from the

Southern Ocean, so likely smooth, possibly not.

Thanks Haboob.

If you are near the doors going to the outside Lido area, there will be quite a bit of wind in the passageway.

Not so -- at least on Ruby or Emerald. Outside the exit is wind-baffled, plus there's a dogleg in

the alleyway leading to the doors.

Not so -- at least on Ruby or Emerald. Outside the exit is wind-baffled, plus there's a dogleg in

the alleyway leading to the doors.

OK...We've experienced it every time we've walked through those doors on the Ruby and Crown. My wife has even exclaimed that she would never want a stateroom in that area.

OK...We've experienced it every time we've walked through those doors on the Ruby and Crown. My wife has even exclaimed that she would never want a stateroom in that area.

Can't speak to Crown, but I stood in that dogleg on Emerald for about 5-10min, staying out of the way

while a medical team got a passenger out of her stateroom and to the elevators I wanted. Ruby didn't

seem any different, next cruise.

(We had to evacuate our cabin for her while Emerald was at Flight Quarters the next day)

(She at least made it to hospital in Dunedin, NZ)

I always book the Lido deck inside cabin.

Close to all the open decks for viewing!

Close to the buffet!

A nice walk to the aft pool and bar!

Forward elevators are not busy! (except after muster and maybe the main show) and an easy ride down to the Piazza!

Quiet![/quote

Thanks Linda