Ship time vs port time

drscooby74

everyone but the guests know the time. every shore excursion lives and dies by their guests. every private excursion i have taken, which is all of them, have had notes on your confirmation stating ship time and shore time.

Ship time is really the only time you need to worry about. That's what you need your watch set to.

In the case of Carnival, most of the time ship time will match the time at the port you embark at.

I have yet to sail a carnival ship that changed times to reflect island time. Belize is two hours behind Tampa time. I think somewhere the ship will change time Do not ask anyone in port for the time. Use a watch for time not a cell phone. Stay on ship time no matter whay

What others have said above. Do not change time to match the local port. Whatever your port of embarkation is, in this case Tampa, the ship time will be the local time (Tampa). This has been the case for every cruise we have done (13 I believe).

I think the only cruise that I know of that will change time is a transatlantic since you will start in one time zone and change as you go so you are on local time for wherever you are ending. I think I read somewhere that the Horizon transatlantic that is currently in progress from Barcelona to New York will change 6 times.

I know I get on and off the ship based on ship time my phone/watch will stay on ship time

Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

not necessarily, you need to go to settings, general, click off "set automatically" Just like when you land in a different time zone your phone changes to local time. Your watch will stay on ship's time

I know I don't change times.. I was just saying what time it will be in port vs ship time... all private excursions state the times are local port time... sorry to confuse everyone...

I’ll bet if you inquire that all your private excursions are scheduled on the arrival & departure of your ship at the local port.

Remember, it’s tourists, not locals, who take the excursions. The vendors do these excursions every day, they cater to cruise ship passengers, so the times are based on the arrival & departure of the tourists on their ship.

I’ll bet if you inquire that all your private excursions are scheduled on the arrival & departure of your ship at the local port.

Remember, it’s tourists, not locals, who take the excursions. The vendors do these excursions every day, they cater to cruise ship passengers, so the times are based on the arrival & departure of the tourists on their ship.

Not necessarily. You would need to contact the vendor to see what the time is

most say port time

some ships change times some do not

so to avoid that-- its wise to give out a time that is their time not ship time

Pls correct if I'm wrong..

We sail out May 27th from tampa on carnival miracle...

Cozumel 8-5 ship 7-4 port

Belize 8-5 ship 6a-3p port

Roatan 8-3 ship 6-1 port

Grand Cayman 10-6 ship 9a-5p port

Just making sure I got this right lol

Your time conversions are all correct :)

Not necessarily. You would need to contact the vendor to see what the time is

most say port time

some ships change times some do not

so to avoid that-- its wise to give out a time that is their time not ship time

true some ships do and some ships don't, however, the vendors know which ships do and which ships don't. This is what they do everyday for a living. The only people who worry about times and shore excursions are nervous cruise passengers.

the vendors know which ships do and which ships don't. This is what they do everyday for a living.

Exactly. The excursion vendors sit there at the port and watch the ship arrive. They know exactly when you will be getting there... even if you don't!

Usually they spell out details pretty clearly in the confirmation email. If it is not clear just reply and ask.

Wear. A. Watch.

And set it the moment you board the ship. Unless you hear like 1,000 announcements to the contrary, that's your answer to every 'What time?' question you'll need.

true some ships do and some ships don't, however, the vendors know which ships do and which ships don't. This is what they do everyday for a living. The only people who worry about times and shore excursions are nervous cruise passengers.

Exactly