Liberty of the Seas: Best room/floor for older couple with limited mobility ?

Hello

My parents (age 70- first time cruisers) and my family (mom,me- dad, two kids age 10,12) plan to cruise together this summer. With that said, one of my parents can indeed walk but has some ankle issues and walks very slowly. The other one walks fine.

What rooms/floors/etc are recommended for Balcony rooms ? Near the elevator ? Ideally not below the nightclub/dance floor. Parents will most likely not be exiting the ship during shore time visits and instead will be relaxing back on the ship.

Parents room and our room ideally across the hall or next to each other, so the kids can have easy access.

Any other tips/advice also appreciated.

Thank you

Hello

My parents (age 70- first time cruisers) and my family (mom,me- dad, two kids age 10,12) plan to cruise together this summer. With that said, one of my parents can indeed walk but has some ankle issues and walks very slowly. The other one walks fine.

What rooms/floors/etc are recommended for Balcony rooms ? Near the elevator ? Ideally not below the nightclub/dance floor. Parents will most likely not be exiting the ship during shore time visits and instead will be relaxing back on the ship.

Parents room and our room ideally across the hall or next to each other, so the kids can have easy access.

Any other tips/advice also appreciated.

Thank you

Hello

Near the Back elevators it colud be 7 o 8 floor

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My hubby uses a scooter and I can walk but not for long distances. That said, we like deck 6 close to aft elevators. The elevators are not crowded going up and going down from top floors was fairly easy. For dinner time, we just head down early and have a pre-dinner drink or two.

Another option is to rent a scooter for the one who has a mobility problem but this needs a handicap balcony room on Royal. Scooters can be accommodated in Jr. Suites or above on Royal. Check out the Disabled Cruising Boards for more info on renting a scooter.

There is a website that will show you the "cruise deck plans". It's against the CC rules for me to post the name of the website. ;) I'm sure there are others, but that's the one I use. It shows the layout of the ships so you can see what is around, above, below, different room categories, sizes, layouts etc. It has been very helpful for me.

BTW I noticed where you are from. I went to ASU in the early 80s.

... What rooms/floors/etc are recommended for Balcony rooms ...

I'd go for "hump" staterooms on decks 7, 8, or 9. These are very near the aft elevator lobby.

Definitely near an elevator FOYER...all RCI ships have a 'foyer", so that nearby rooms aren't affected by noise (with the exception of a few new cabins that they've "stuck in" near the elevators. Always look at the deck plan when booking. Also, try to decide where you'll spend the majority of your DAYTIME hours...that's when you do the most 'back and forth" to the cabin...pick a deck near those daytime destinations.

totally depends on where they expect to spend most of their time outside of dining. Pool deck? one of the lounges? Promenade? Viking Crown?

Mid ship elevators are always the most crowded and the wait to get one that has room going the direction you want to go can be irksome. the VCL only has access via the 2 midship glass elevators.

Thanks so much! I had been avoiding them thinking they were noisy. Are you able to open the balcony doors to these while cruising with friends right next door? 6334 and 6336.

Physically, the balcony dividers can be opened. Usually permission is granted. 😊

There is a website that will show you the "cruise deck plans". It's against the CC rules for me to post the name of the website. ;) I'm sure there are others, but that's the one I use. It shows the layout of the ships so you can see what is around, above, below, different room categories, sizes, layouts etc. It has been very helpful for me.

BTW I noticed where you are from. I went to ASU in the early 80s.

Hello Renee ! I am also an ASU alumni ! Thanks for the reply

I am looking at Deck Plans and see no "aft elevators". The only ones I see are near room 6638 and 6548

Those elevators are the farthest aft guest elevators. Some call them aft elevators, some call them midship elevators.