Anniversary Cruise - Help Me Decide

So there are 2 Bucket List Cruises that are in our price range & the wife wants me to plan the vacation. Here are the 2 options I have found and each have something we want to do for the same price range.

1. 4 Night Carnival Liberty

• Nassau & Princess Cays
  • Balcony Room
  • 9 HR Drive

2. 6 Night Carnival Vista

• Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel
  • Interior Room
  • 11 HR Drive

Price is relatively the same & vacation time isn't a problem. Which would you choose?

Wow....that's really a tough question. Ultimately it boils down to a couple of personal decisions.

1 - how will a balcony vs an inside impact the trip for you or your wife. For us, the cost savings of the inside make that the choice, but for an anniversary it might be worth the splurge.

2 - We didn't enjoy Nassau, but at the same time we have been to Cozumel soooo many times that is a toss.

3 - the ship...personally, we have been trying to always sail on a different ship (as a challenge) so we would have to choose the Vista.

Once you answer these questions for yourself, I think the decision is made.

For me, I'd do the Vista, inside cabin.

Wow....that's really a tough question. Ultimately it boils down to a couple of personal decisions.

1 - how will a balcony vs an inside impact the trip for you or your wife. For us, the cost savings of the inside make that the choice, but for an anniversary it might be worth the splurge.

2 - We didn't enjoy Nassau, but at the same time we have been to Cozumel soooo many times that is a toss.

3 - the ship...personally, we have been trying to always sail on a different ship (as a challenge) so we would have to choose the Vista.

1. Room location isn't a big deal we can do either and be perfectly fine. Its just a room for naps and such.

2. Never been to Nassau, but Princess Cays is a bucket list location for her. Currently her favorite port is Costa Maya & she really wants to return.

3. Both of the ships would be new for us so they both check off the same box.

I’d take the Horizon trip. I feel like takes a day or two to really start to decompress and relax and with a four day cruise you’d be off before you know it. The extra 2 hours in the car wouldn’t be an issue for me and I love Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

That said I would stalk prices after I booked to try to upgrade cheaply because I love balconies.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

So there are 2 Bucket List Cruises that are in our price range & the wife wants me to plan the vacation. Here are the 2 options I have found and each have something we want to do for the same price range.

• Nassau & Princess Cays
  • Balcony Room
  • 9 HR Drive

• Interior Room
  • 11 HR Drive

Price is relatively the same & vacation time isn't a problem. Which would you choose?

personally, I have to have a balcony--but would never just do a 4 day. So if I had to choose 1, I would do the 6 day and try to save extra for the balcony :)

• Nassau & Princess Cays
  • Balcony Room
  • 9 HR Drive

• Interior Room
  • 11 HR Drive

#2.

It's a longer drive so you should take a longer cruise!

Cozumel is so much fun. Haven't been to Belize and Costa Maya yet but I hear good things

4 nights is 1) too short and 2) has Nassau. That is my least favorite port I've ever visited.

The longer cruise on the newer ship and it goes to the port that your wife wants to go to again, Costa Maya. (Happy Wife....Happy Life).

I agree with the other poster to watch the pricing and grab a balcony if the price goes down. If it does, surprise your wife!

I personally love inside rooms because of the total darkness but only when its just the hubby and I if we have the kids we either get 2 insides or get 1 balcony

I would prefer going on the 6 day one not only for the longer vacation but also because I love going to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel

Vista hands down. Longer cruise/vacation, more ports to visit, bigger newer ship, more restaurants to choose from on board, and more things to do on board. Vista has the ropes course, the all new sky ride, the 4D thrill theater, an IMAX theater with first run movies, and the all new faster internet/WiFi system.

Even though Princess Cays is on her bucket list I agree with the earlier post about Half Moon Cay being better. Princess Cays wasn’t as nice as I expected. And Nassau really doesn’t have that much to do and didn’t impress me. Nassau and Jamaica are the two least favorite ports here on the boards at cruisecritic. They get lots of complaints.

Belize has a great cave tubing experience and in Cozumel you have Mr. Sanchos of course :D, and then there’s Costa Maya which is awesome! For me the Vista would be my first choice for sure. I’m sailing her in September and I’ll do a review. You might keep checking prices though because it might surprise you. Right now on our 9/8/18 cruise, balconies are cheaper than ocean views. When we booked our Ocean Suite, it was super cheap. I think so many cruisers are booking the new Havana Cabana and Family Harbor cabins that it’s making the other cabins prices drop.

I would choose #2, longer cruise and bigger/newer ship.I will say, though that the 4 night is a better itinerary in my opinion. The balcony room doesn't really matter, as you'll only be in there to sleep and shower/get ready. I would actually encourage you to look for a 7 night cruise. Anything less just isn't long enough. ;)

• Nassau & Princess Cays
  • Balcony Room
  • 9 HR Drive

• Interior Room
  • 11 HR Drive

I won't weigh in on the two since you've decided, but I'm curious - is the drive time 1 way or round trip? 18 hours for 4 days :eek:

After a not so subtle hint the answer is Balcony to Princess Cay. Thanks everyone for the input. The Vista cruise may be for our Fall Vacation next year instead, but Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Enjoy your cruise:hearteyes: I'd recommend water shoes for Princess Cay (very rocky) and crossing the foot bridge to the quieter right hand side of the beach - unless you are looking for loud and crowded then stick to the large area to the left when you get off;)