Smoking on Silver Shadow

notjaded

12 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Les you are correct about smoking on the bar side of the pool grill.

There was smoking on that side of pool deck in December on the Shadow.

We visited Hot Rocks for our final evening and first to arrive,  we weren't asked a preference, but just given seats in the smoking area. Once we started eating we realised once people started smoking nearby and got ourselves moved. I would have thought they would usually ask. Seemed most odd. We weren't the only ones who did the same, so maybe less people smoke so now too many smoking tables to fill with limited number of places. No big deal.

A couple of weeks ago there were 2 offenders with cigars like torpedos who smoked them both outside Panorama and on deck. This is despite the efforts made to accommodate such people by building an open air conservatory which blocks the passage down one side of the deck.

Both offenders were totally impervious to the looks and comments of others. Just goes to show that everything is in the timing and others will have missed these exhibitionists if they were not around 10 minutes either side of their shows.

55 minutes ago, eastwoodboy said:

A couple of weeks ago there were 2 offenders with cigars like torpedos who smoked them both outside Panorama and on deck. This is despite the efforts made to accommodate such people by building an open air conservatory which blocks the passage down one side of the deck.

Both offenders were totally impervious to the looks and comments of others. Just goes to show that everything is in the timing and others will have missed these exhibitionists if they were not around 10 minutes either side of their shows.

Cigar smoking outside the Panorama is permitted.  

15 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Cigar smoking outside the Panorama is permitted.  

But does the smoke ever end up inside, through vents, for example? I ask as I read that on one Silversea maiden voyage, I think the Spirit, the ventilation was bad and it smelled inside. 

Edited by costacostacosta

1 hour ago, costacostacosta said:

But does the smoke ever end up inside, through vents, for example? I ask as I read that on one Silversea maiden voyage, I think the Spirit, the ventilation was bad and it smelled inside. 

Yes, of course smoke can end up inside.  There is no system that can possibly keep out 100% of the smoke 100% of the time.

If anyone is hypersensitive to smoke, they should not sail a cruise line that allows smoking like Silversea.  It would be analogous to someone going to Las Vegas and wondering if they should book the Wynn which allows smoking but has the worlds greatest ventilation system installed.  Why bother when there are so many other choices that don't allow smoking?

4 hours ago, costacostacosta said:

I suppose it’s possible but if it happens it’s infrequent.  There are no intake vents near the aft smoking area.