transportation from Boston to Bayonne

A flight to EWR is probably the quickest and most convenient.

You could take a bus or train from Boston to Port Authorty/Penn Station, take the Path or some type of NJ transit to Bayonne, or to a place where you could affordably Uber. That option gets harder with increased luggage and people, and involves numerous hectic changes, but it will likely be your best bet. Like stated, I'd go under the departures board and see if others have better suggestions.

It takes about 5 hours by train to get from Boston to Newark. You can get off at either Newark airport or Newark Penn and get a taxi from there. If you book early enough it is only $50 per person. Cheaper than flying and flights between Boston and Newark are commonly late. I wouldn’t fly personally. The train is more comfortable anyway.

People say bad things about Newark, but it is just a train station with taxis out front. I recommend it over getting a taxi from New York Penn and the traffic getting to New Jersey.

When are you cruising? In the winter I recommend traveling down the day before in case of weather interruptions. Coming down the day before is ALWAYS a prudent choice. I've done everything but fly. My current preference is the train to either NY Penn or Newark Penn (not Newark Airport). There can be really good deals on hotels in January and February.

Like the train to Newark option the best.

Summer cruise.

Flying out of Logan / by the time you get there and go through all the stuff u have to go thru now, train is by far the easiest.

Thanks all for your help.

Depends on how much time you have, how much you want to spend and your expertise or experience level of public transportation. As a New Yorker and someone who visits Boston OFTEN my suggestion is to NOT take the train. It’s way more expensive than the bus, usually a shorter ride (which I never get how) but obviously not as comfortable and it leaves you in the correct spot to get either a bus or nj transit train to Bayonne. Like someone said, with multiple people, luggage, time, stress dealing this may be a bit much but it’s what I would do. South station to port authority via mega bus, bolt bus (could be as cheap as $5) or greyhound to (your desired mode) to Bayonne. So plane is easier but

Sent from my iPhone wishing there were more swingers.

Curb to curb by plane BOS to EWR is about 3 hours, no delays including time for security.

Curb to curb by train South Station to Newark Station is about 6 hours, no delays. Amtrak does not provide luggage service at Newark so you'd need to carry all of your luggage on the train with you and find a place to store it. That seems like more of a hassle than flying.

Lots of different options being offered. However, some of the suggestions are awkward or not accurate. It all depends on your exact date and number of people and whether you're doing this the day before or the day of the cruise. My advice is to come up with a plan and post on the East Coast Board for comments and advice.

Like the train to Newark option the best.

Summer cruise.

Flying out of Logan / by the time you get there and go through all the stuff u have to go thru now, train is by far the easiest.

Thanks all for your help.

I checked out the train and Amtrak doesn't accommodate checked luggage on any trips that I could find. Most CCers that responded to my question said they carried it on board. Our trip was a repositioning so it was only one way. We reserved a car from thrifty at EWR, took an Uber from the ship to the airport, and drove home to Providence. It was a 3.5 hour drive at $90.

Curb to curb by plane BOS to EWR is about 3 hours, no delays including time for security.

Curb to curb by train South Station to Newark Station is about 6 hours, no delays. Amtrak does not provide luggage service at Newark so you'd need to carry all of your luggage on the train with you and find a place to store it. That seems like more of a hassle than flying.

Agree, faster on Plane, don't have carry all your luggage on train with you...

The train cars have luggage space at one end. Most stations, you can roll luggage on and off and stick into the space for luggage.

No problem at South Station. You can get a porter to take you on early and store your luggage. There are porters at both NY Penn and Newark Penn Stations.

Newark Airport Station has no vehicle access and you have to take your luggage on the Airtrain to the P4 station or one of the terminals to connect with any kind of ground transportation.