MIni Suite or Full Suite Ruby Princess?

Montana

Regular cruisers on Celebrity usually aqua class. No Princess Cruises yet but considering December Mexico. Any Room recommendation for Club Mini or Penthouse from those familiar with Princess.

A club class mini will get you some, but not all of the suite perks. And full suite perks on Princess are significantly less than on Celebrity. If you really care about the perks, you're going to want a full suite. If you can "struggle" thru life with club class dining and priority boarding and disembarkation, you'll be OK with a mini.

Princess mini-suites (even club class) are not "true" suites. They are just larger balcony rooms. Suites are generally twice as large as standard cabins with many more perks.

Princess mini-suites do have a couch - balcony rooms do not.

Princess suite perks are non existent compared to other cruise lines. Save your money and get a mini suite which is plenty of space for 2 people.

I have never been on Celebrity, but we greatly enjoyed the suite perks when we had a Window suite a couple of years ago.

Princess mini-suites do have a couch - balcony rooms do not.

And, unlike balcony cabins, they have a tub and shower combo and extensive bathroom shelving plus a second TV in the sitting area. The square footage is noticeably larger too (322 square feet versus 214 to 222 square feet for a balcony cabin; full suites vary from 460 to 932 square feet).

Have sailed Celebrity Aqua class and Princess full suites....vista and penthouse. While we enjoyed the Aqua class and Blu we find the full suites on Princess to have much better perks. While Princess suites will vary a bit from ship to ship and from vista, to penthouse to owners there are some commonalities. Window suites are the most different. In our experience, on 3 sailings in vista and penthouse suites, these are things we got on Princess that we did not get on Celebrity (in no particular order):

Free next day laundry (always)

MDR menus the night before so we could order from them with room service. They bring up the food all at once, lay out a table cloth on the balcony table or coffee table.

Approximately 500 to 730 square foot suites including balcony (window suites are 340 and have no balcony)

Large balconies 100 to over 200 sq ft with teak padded loungers, table and 4 chairs.

A huge bathroom, lots of shelf space and a walk in shower, jetted tub and the toilet is in a separate room with a door. ( no separate room for toilet in window suites).

The living room and bedroom have heavy curtains to separate the spaces. (Not in window suites). This is appreciated by us as DH and I have very different body clocks.

In general, we like that on ships with an international cafe we can get specialty coffee 24 hours. I really did not like waiting until 7 am on the Eclipse for coffee.

And in our Aqua class cabin our “nightstand” was just a couple of open shelves. I like to hide my personal items and morning meds in a drawer. In addition to full suites on Princess I’ve sailed in balcony rooms and mini suites. In all rooms we’ve each had a two drawer nightstand.

Blu, in our opinion, far exceeded club class dining on Princess. But the MDR room service and balcony dining on Princess makes up for it.

We really loved many things about Celebrity and will continue to sail with them. Our next Celebrity cruise is in a sky suite. We will see if it comes closer to our Princess experience. We have 4 more Princess cruises booked in suites.

Happy cruising

We have cruised both Celebrity Solstice in a full suite and the full suite - big aft-facing on the Ruby Princess around Alaska which was great. Our son had a mini-suite which was fine. I wouldn't really bother with Princess full suites anymore as I think the Club Minis are excellent value. The suite and balcony were huge on the Ruby but the Celebrity full suite (Aqua Class is not a 'full suite') gives much better perks than Princess. On Princess you get the miniature spirits one-off bar set up and your washing done with compliments which is a nice perk however on Celebrity, you get a Butler, Michael's Club Lounge, drinks package, own restaurant as well.

Cheers

Di

• 2 months later...

We really loved many things about Celebrity and will continue to sail with them. Our next Celebrity cruise is in a sky suite. We will see if it comes closer to our Princess experience. We have 4 more Princess cruises booked in suites.

Happy cruising

Thanks for the comparison, but it's really apples to oranges...Aqua class is not suite class at all on Celebrity....suspect you will be VERY happy with the perks on Celebrity when you cruise in that Sky Suite.

And we love Blu too.....but the Celebrity suite experience is quite excellent!!!

Thanks for the comparison, but it's really apples to oranges...Aqua class is not suite class at all on Celebrity....suspect you will be VERY happy with the perks on Celebrity when you cruise in that Sky Suite.

And we love Blu too.....but the Celebrity suite experience is quite excellent!!!

I am sure I will like the full suite experience on Celebrity. The OP was wanting to compare a full suite on Princess to an Aqua room on Celebrity (apples to oranges). I’d imagine because theses rooms are about the same price for the cruise they are looking at and they want to know what bang they would get for the same buck on Princess.

I have 5 cruises booked in owners suites, penthouse and even the new sky suite on Sky Princess going to Mexico, Alaska (times 2), Hawaii and the Caribbean with Princess. I have priced comparable sized suites on Oceania, Celebrity and HAL. Princess comes in consistently several hundred dollars a day per person less than the others.

To spend the same amount of money on those other cruise lines during the dates I have to sail, I’d have to take a full suite that is half the size or less. Yes there would be more amenities perhaps, but they are amenities that in some cases I don’t care for (butler) or need (Blu/Luminae, beverage package for both) or want (lounge).

Each person needs to decide what perks makes their vacation the best for them. By comparing prices and square footage of rooms (591-1565 sq ft) I’ve found that the price a full suite on Princess plus a beverage package for just DH- Princess is the only line I know of that allows this-is by far less expensive than comparable sized suites on the other lines.

I hope my comparison of apples to oranges that the OP was looking for helped them to make an informed decision.

I am sure I will like the full suite experience on Celebrity. The OP was wanting to compare a full suite on Princess to an Aqua room on Celebrity (apples to oranges). I’d imagine because theses rooms are about the same price for the cruise they are looking at and they want to know what bang they would get for the same buck on Princess.

I have 5 cruises booked in owners suites, penthouse and even the new sky suite on Sky Princess going to Mexico, Alaska (times 2), Hawaii and the Caribbean with Princess. I have priced comparable sized suites on Oceania, Celebrity and HAL. Princess comes in consistently several hundred dollars a day per person less than the others.

To spend the same amount of money on those other cruise lines during the dates I have to sail, I’d have to take a full suite that is half the size or less. Yes there would be more amenities perhaps, but they are amenities that in some cases I don’t care for (butler) or need (Blu/Luminae, beverage package for both) or want (lounge).

Each person needs to decide what perks makes their vacation the best for them. By comparing prices and square footage of rooms (591-1565 sq ft) I’ve found that the price a full suite on Princess plus a beverage package for just DH- Princess is the only line I know of that allows this-is by far less expensive than comparable sized suites on the other lines.

I hope my comparison of apples to oranges that the OP was looking for helped them to make an informed decision.

I hope so too...

Agree with you on the suite pricing on Princess as compared to other lines. We do like Michael's Club & Luminae on Celebrity, but with the advent of Club Class Dining have been looking more & more at Princess. Comparable sized suites are generally significantly less on Princess. We are looking at a full suite right now on the Regal that would be close to double the price on X. Princess has some wonderful itineraries too that X doesn't offer....