Tide Pods in Laundry

Jthomasou

DH an I share the responsibility. One will put things in the wash, the other switch them over etc. Really not a big deal. We just choose a time when we are chilling in our room and it gets done pretty quickly. Now that we are platinum we may not need it, but doing a b2b makes it hard to have 2 weeks worth of clean clothes.

We learned a few cruises back to buy these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Purex-Complete-3-In-1-Spring-Oasis-Laundry-Sheets-22ct/16419328 Just throw one sheet in the washer for the detergent, then leave it with the wash in the dryer for the fabric softener. Not sure what the third part is but they do a great job and don't take up any space when you pack your luggage. We just take them out of the box and put them in a zip lock bag.

Be careful with the irons. Check the bottom before you use them. Some are filthy on the bottom.

On some ships, the machines take coins. On the newer ships or ones that have been updated, there is a box on the wall that you swipe your S&S card, then press the number of what machine you want to use. Then the machine starts. No need for coins.

I'm not sure but I have read on here that the machines won't work while in port. If you do a search it will tell you what floor and location of where the laundry rooms are located.

If you have any ironing to do for Elegant Nights, don't wait until the last minute. There will be people lined up waiting to use the iron.

By the way, the laundry rooms are very small. Just enough room for the washers and dryers, one fold down ironing board with an iron hard wired in and a deep sink. No folding table.

There is also the laundry bag in the cabin. I think it's $15 a bag for all that you can roll up tight and stuff in it. Don't put anything in it that can't take heat. They use extremely hot water and high heat to dry. It's great for socks and underwear and Tees. Leave it on your bed in the morning and the cabin steward will turn it in. It usually comes back later that night all clean and folded. Beats doing it yourself.

THANK YOU for this information. When I cruise Carnival-still trying to organise my budget, LIFE keeps getting in the way of my planning-I will need to have certain items done daily. I now have a good idea of what to budget for, yes I'm in Australia but planning on budgeting AUD $20 a bag. The drying alone is well worth paying for IMHO.

I actually don't mind doing laundry, and I know if I do it myself, it will be done right. I am an early riser, so I usually get it done before hubby is even up. I hate having a lot of dirty clothes piling up. I always pack a couple of the All free 7 Clear mighty paks, and a large mesh drawstring bag to carry the laundry.

Some ship laundries take coins and others will take your S&S card - you can find out which on the Carnival website.

Since we usually vacation for a week post cruise as well, I put some pods in a Tupperware container so we can do laundry at some point. Plus they make for a good late night snack.

Whoever said that nobody goes in the laundry rooms has either never been in them or has been extremely lucky. I've never been on a Carnival ship with less than 6-7 people in the laundry room at any given time. (3 washers, 6 dryers) and you can always bank on at least 1 washer being broken.

I did laundry last week and there were 3 laundry rooms on the Magic and in all 3 of them, there was 1 washer broken.

20180524_152634-1024x576.jpg

Is that $15 a bag rate for laundry for everyone, or is it a perk for higher levels? The Carnival website lists prices at $2-3 per item for washing and folding.

$15 for everyone. However you can fit 6 of those $15 bags in the washing machine and do them yourself for $6 (washed and dried). It would cost $90 to do the same amount having them do it.

My experience is that the busiest time in the laundry room is the afternoon before formal night- never overly bad, and the iron is in demand- nothing earth shattering nor an inconvenience, but a short wait, if at all.

I pack my laundry soap and dryer sheets in a small Ziploc bag and bring extra to leave in my cabin for the crew.

Edited by lyannea
My second paragraph did not show up

I don't mind doing a load of wash mid week on our cruises. Especially my bathing suit - afterall, I believe it's the most worn item on a cruise and it can get pretty skunky after using the pool, hot tubs and the beach! On the past 2 cruises the soap dispensers in the laundromat were out of order. Pack your own powder or pods and a dryer sheet or two.