Dining question regarding suite and non-suite passengers

Four couples are going on a cruise in 2020. One couple has booked a suite, the others have balcony cabins. My TA told me we can’t book a table for eight because the couple in the suite will have their own dining room. Our only recourse is to go to the maitre d’ when we arrive and see if he can accommodate us. We don’t want to do My Time dining. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your TA can book a table for 8, including the suite guests. Have her cross reference all the bookings and you should be fine. Suite guests CAN and Do eat in the main dining room, even when they have access to Coastal Kitchen, the suite and Pinnacle dining room on Oasis class and Quantum class ships.

We frequently eat in Coastal Kitchen, but we also have dinner other nights with our friends in the main dining rooms.

When we booked a suite, we were automatically put on My Time dinning. I am sure they would have accommodated my preferences if I wanted traditional but it doesn't make sense to put suite guests in traditional if they are not going to eat regularly in the MDR. Why would you eat in the MDR regularly when you have your own special dinning room?

IMV it is just as easy to go with MTD. The only possible complication is that suite guests don't have to join the line so not sure how staff and fellow guests would feel about non suite guests getting preferential treatment.

I have cruised with big groups. I have avoided this kind of problem by making sure everyone is in a suite. For me dinning is less of a concern than access to reserved seating, suite deck and other privileges.

it IS possible to do traditional dining via MTD. you just book the same time every night. we tend to book the first night on line ahead of time then on the first night as we leave tell the Maitre d' we want the same time and wait staff.

and we like it even better because you can fiddle with arrival time to accommodate port days or a specific show if desired.

suite guests are not restricted to only eating in Coastal. they can eat anywhere their little heart desires.

Suite guests can eat anywhere they want in complementary restaurants and are not restricted to Coastal Kitchen only. As others have said, have the reservations linked and it becomes easier to book dining, entertainment, etc.

Four couples are going on a cruise in 2020. One couple has booked a suite, the others have balcony cabins. My TA told me we can’t book a table for eight because the couple in the suite will have their own dining room. Our only recourse is to go to the maitre d’ when we arrive and see if he can accommodate us. We don’t want to do My Time dining. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought this was going to be a math word problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums