Vista / Live / Solo - May 27-June 2 2018...

sid_9169

Yeah, mon... No, mon?

We're approaching Jamaica. I figured we would be there by now, maybe we're running a little late? Got my " good coffee" from Java Blue. No more buffet swill for me baby.

I think I'm just going to stay on the ship today, and call it a sea day.

To be quite honest, I have never had much luck with Jamaica. I contacted five or six different excursion companies, and they all basically brushed me off because I'm traveling solo. I even had a member of our Facebook group offer to let me join their tour. I contacted the provider and he basically acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I'm not going to name the company, because frankly I don't want to give them any advertising...

Anyhoo, this has pretty much soured my attitude towards Jamaica.

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

*** Pro tip #743 Bring a bowl from the buffet to the Blue Iguana, and construct a burrito bowl. Mexican eggs, sausage, those crunchy potato things, tomatoes, and onions... Mmmmmm...

IMG_20180529_080816811.thumb.jpg.a09314e7253fa348949b5d168086f198.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, mon... No, mon?

We're approaching Jamaica. I figured we would be there by now, maybe we're running a little late? Got my " good coffee" from Java Blue. No more buffet swill for me baby.

I think I'm just going to stay on the ship today, and call it a sea day.

To be quite honest, I have never had much luck with Jamaica. I contacted five or six different excursion companies, and they all basically brushed me off because I'm traveling solo. I even had a member of our Facebook group offer to let me join their tour. I contacted the provider and he basically acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I'm not going to name the company, because frankly I don't want to give them any advertising...

Anyhoo, this has pretty much soured my attitude towards Jamaica.

I’m not a fan of Jamaica, either, and prefer to stay on the ship. I found that if you are in Jamaica, you either need an excursion or just stay on the ship. No going on my own anywhere.

We are thinking of staying on the ship when we do our 6 day in July too! Is the coffee that bad? Thanks for the tips

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The buffet coffee is pretty not very good... The Java Blue is included in the Cheers beverage program, so it's a no brainier...

Not a single chair hog out this morning... I can't say that I've ever witnessed this phenomenon.

IMG_20180529_082259779_TOP.thumb.jpg.a3d4c7b4b331ecd26ce9c434fc79b27c.jpg

Also, it's great having bottled water included with Cheers. Just walk up to any bar, and boom, you're getting your hydration on.

IMG_20180529_082307040_HDR.thumb.jpg.78465e34d6cfff8f536f5a8226a24a49.jpg

• Like 1

Someone asked about lines a couple pages back. I haven't tried out the buffet yet, only because I've been sampling other venues. But, I can confirm that there are indeed lines at the main buffet. They even have a person with a tray full of juice going down the line to offer refreshments while you wait. And you will be waiting...

IMG_20180529_082941090.thumb.jpg.7a30681367c3d5692fc91d28ceea2caf.jpg

IMG_20180529_082958259-3006x4008.thumb.jpg.05f20917428d414656171df8384f576f.jpg

We're slowly approaching the pier in Jamaica. I'm trying to devise a drinking strategy for today. Tonight is the Chef's Table, and there is wine served throughout. Now, I love wine, but if I'm drinking tequila all day and then make the switch to wine, things could get ugly. Really, really ugly...

Maybe I'll just install two patches and throw caution to the wind (along with my liver. And likely some carpet that will end up stained by my red wine vomit) Wow, I didn't think it would come to this...

IMG_20180529_083919753.thumb.jpg.d983a8e64288d19b22671f0aca7a885a.jpg

• Haha 1

The collared greens were pretty, pretty, pretty good... Full of flavor and with large chunks of pork. 8.5 out of 10

Is this a Curb Your Enthusiasm reference? If so, I APPROVE.

I was sent over from the Royal Caribbean boards from Stallion. I cruise solo as well, but only on Royal. I am finishing up on my own trip report thread, which has been a work in progress since November. Because slow and easy wins the race. Or so I tell people.

Anyway, enjoying your review/report.

• Like 1

Wow, those lines are terrible and this is on a port day when the traffic is usually less at the buffets. Could the lines be even worse on sea days?

Enjoying your review Sid_9169. Enjoy your self proclaimed sea day today.

Is this a Curb Your Enthusiasm reference? If so, I APPROVE.

I was sent over from the Royal Caribbean boards from Stallion. I cruise solo as well, but only on Royal. I am finishing up on my own trip report thread, which has been a work in progress since November. Because slow and easy wins the race. Or so I tell people.

Anyway, enjoying your review/report.

Thanks for visiting. Yes, curb your enthusiasm is the only comedy show that really makes me laugh... I often find myself in some of the same crazy situations as Larry David on the show. I'm just like him in a lot of ways, just with significantly less money...

I think that I have read part of your ongoing review, even though I have never sailed Royal before, I always like to learn about what else is out there.

Wow, those lines are terrible and this is on a port day when the traffic is usually less at the buffets. Could the lines be even worse on sea days?

Enjoying your review Sid_9169. Enjoy your self proclaimed sea day today.

Thank you for following along while you're on your own cruise. Wow, I feel like a celebrity. Cruising solo can be a bit lonely, as I'm not the most outgoing person in the world. This "review" has been fun, and is also keeping me occupied.

Right now, I want to really know how much I appreciate all of you who have followed along and commented. It means a lot, and I will personally thank each and every one of you by name when I get home to my actual computer.

Hopefully I have provided some useful information, and maybe a bit of entertainment. Again, thanks so much for being here!

• Like 3

Right now, I want to really know how much I appreciate all of you who have followed along and commented. It means a lot, and I will personally thank each and every one of you by name when I get home to my actual computer.

Hopefully I have provided some useful information, and maybe a bit of entertainment. Again, thanks so much for being here!

Yes you have forgot about the water! Great idea just to keep in the fridge and for going ashore!!

As a solo cruiser, I often over hear other's conversations. Not eavesdropping, but incidental over hearing. People talk about some crazy stuff.

Also, the people I see over and over again, I like to give them names, like "hairy chest dude" or "tattoo guy" I'm sure they probably refer to me as "nipple ring guy" or who even knows what else... Anyway, just things that I notice and ponder upon...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

• Haha 1

Let's compare and contrast Carnival and NCL hot tubs.. On NCL it turns off about every five minutes or so, while Carnival stays bubbling constantly. And, most importantly, Carnival hot tubs are actually HOT, while NCL are luke warm at best...

Carnival 2 points for the win in the hot tub competition!

• Like 1

As a solo cruiser, I often over hear other's conversations. Not eavesdropping, but incidental over hearing. People talk about some crazy stuff.

Also, the people I see over and over again, I like to give them names, like "hairy chest dude" or "tattoo guy" I'm sure they probably refer to me as "nipple ring guy" or who even knows what else... Anyway, just things that I notice and ponder upon...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I feel like we all learned just a little bit more about you... I’m so glad more people are cruising solo and sharing experiences so others have more comparable references of ships.

Thanks again, this is very entertaining [emoji41]