The Carry-On

When we travel, we each take a larger suitcase, rolling carry on and a personal item. When flying into the embarkation port, we pack according to weight, and airline rules. The morning of our cruise, of course I have to hit the stop and go or grocery for soda, I repack the bags, putting everything into the rolling carry on, except for things we don't need, like any extra shoes, outerwear, if traveling in cold weather, so when we board, I have everything I need, I can unpack, shake out any wrinkles, put away meds, paperwork and such, so when the larger bag arrives, normally we just shove it under the bed. Our rolling carry on is still manageable weight.

alfaeric, that was a typo, it should have been now.:) Thank you for pointing that out, the W is closer to my left hand so not sure how I would have hit the T. By not dragging the 25 " around, looking for it at the end of a cruise, certainly makes traveling easier with just the one piece of luggage. :)

Before I cut down on my luggage, I would pack most of my clothes & important items in the carry on anyway then if the larger one went astray, I wasn't without clothes for the trip.

We have always checked in as early as we can and carried on the rolling luggage...can't remember the exact size but its the kind you can fit in the overhead compartment on the airplane. It hasn't ever felt like a hindrance for us. Honestly we haven't ever had to wait as long as we thought either! And LOTS of people do this so it's not like anyone is looking at you like you're the people in the way with their bags. Usually since we travel as a couple we can pack it into just one small rolling bag and then my husband will have a backpack with just some minor things. If you have wine I would put it in a backpack if you have the option but we have done both and never had any breakage.

We each carry a rolling carry-on. We actually had friends who checked in at the port and their luggage never found their way to them until the day before the last day of their 7-day cruise. We will also be bringing two bottles of wine. I'd rather roll it than tote it on my back. Whatever you feel more comfortable with is the way to go.

e actually had friends who checked in at the port and their luggage never found their way to them until the day before the last day of their 7-day cruise.

One of the many reasons I carry everything on. I just hate having to wait to get settled. And honestly, if I am able to retrieve the bag at baggage claim and handle getting it to the port, there is no reason I can't get it on board the ship, no matter the size. I get checking it if you WANT to, but there is no way I ever want to, so it all goes with me.

I am thinking about getting to Oasis a little early--like 11 am--to make any schedule and reservation changes and to gawk at the ship. That means my husband and I would be lugging our carry-ons until 1 pm. Any recommendations--small wheeled case, backpack, etc? I know the 2 bottles of wine have to be in one of these. Is it better to just wait until 1 pm?

If you arrive at the pier at 11 AM, you may have a wait to board the ship after standing in the lines to check in.

You will be assigned a boarding group number when you check in.

We each carry a rolling carry-on. I'd rather roll it than tote it on my back.

Totally true with us also. Can't tell you how many times I have been bashed, especially in an elevator with someone turning around with their huge back pack on their back. They seem to have no clue how much room that thing takes. :eek::(

If you arrive at the pier at 11 AM, you may have a wait to board the ship after standing in the lines to check in.

You will be assigned a boarding group number when you check in.

Most of the time, though not always the case for all I am sure, but has been for each time we have arrived...they are already boarding Oasis at 11 am. We check in at counter with no lines, and then walk right on. They are usually even calling all C&A levels by then.

I thought all luggage had to be able to go through the x-ray? Can large suitcases do that? A few years ago had a porter insist that he had to take my carry on. I just kept walking and it went through fine. My friend gave hers to him (with her laptop in it). It never worked again.

I thought all luggage had to be able to go through the x-ray? Can large suitcases do that? A few years ago had a porter insist that he had to take my carry on. I just kept walking and it went through fine. My friend gave hers to him (with her laptop in it). It never worked again.
The genies have someone bring luggage through in PC. I've seen pretty big bags go through

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Most of the time, though not always the case for all I am sure, but has been for each time we have arrived...they are already boarding Oasis at 11 am. We check in at counter with no lines, and then walk right on. They are usually even calling all C&A levels by then.

Wow! That is amazing as that is not our experience! We have had to wait. Last cruise something happened on the ship and we were delayed getting on by at least an hour or more. We have gone out of several locations. Where do you usually go out?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was my experience in April...got to the port about 11:15 and once off the shuttle never stopped moving...straight to the check in counter & on to the ship....since they've opened the new terminal there it really moves FAST!

One of the many reasons I carry everything on. I just hate having to wait to get settled. And honestly, if I am able to retrieve the bag at baggage claim and handle getting it to the port, there is no reason I can't get it on board the ship, no matter the size. I get checking it if you WANT to, but there is no way I ever want to, so it all goes with me.

Isn’t there an issue getting bigger bags through security X-ray? If not I may try your method, we have no problems carrying everything off at end of trip.

Wow! That is amazing as that is not our experience! We have had to wait. Last cruise something happened on the ship and we were delayed getting on by at least an hour or more. We have gone out of several locations. Where do you usually go out?

Most likely Port Canaveral

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#1 favorite port is only 20 minutes away, which is Port Canaveral. Have more wait time with the shuttle service than check in. Usually walking right up to check in counter, then right onto the ship.

Have pretty good luck with Tampa, most of the time anyway....but Port Everglades is always bad for us with delays.