Getting from Copenhagen port to the Airport?

hi. We have a 9:30 am flight on June 1. Getting off the Regal Princess. We could do walk off 6:30 -7:30 am and catch a cab or do the Princess Shuttle for $39 per person? We just don’t want to miss our flight and had a challenge walking from the train station to our hotel with our luggage. So I don’t know how far of a walk it is to catch the train and is it a smooth surface? Need to know by tomorrow. Thanks

Is this a flight direct to the US? That is crazy tight.

I doubt Princess will put you on their shuttle that early, unless the ship is arriving the day before.

Thank you. Just FYI We booked through Princess EZ Air

Our flight has one stop before the US. We are on SAS

This response might be a little late for you - I inquired with Princess about their shuttle upon disembarkation in Copenhagen (because we have a flight just a little bit later than yours) and they said they do have the shuttles running early for people who have flights leaving at 9:30am and that it should be no problem. However, I probed a little further asking about the shuttle having to wait to fill up before it leaves the port and she said that is the case but it should still be okay. I personally don't want to take a chance and am planning on doing the self-disembark as early as possible and take a taxi. A taxi for two is a little less than two Princess transfers.

If you don't mind, could you please come back here when you have time and let us know how it went?

Enjoy your last few days on the cruise!:)

Data point for future cruisers. We got off the NCL Breakaway in Copenhagen at 7.30am and got right into a taxi. Was about 30 dollars to a hotel near the City center. Airport would be about 20 bucks if I had to guess.

Data point for future cruisers. We got off the NCL Breakaway in Copenhagen at 7.30am and got right into a taxi. Was about 30 dollars to a hotel near the City center. Airport would be about 20 bucks if I had to guess.

The airport is much further away than the city centre, so a better guess is 55-60 USD (from Oceankaj)

Hi, just got home from Copenhagen we were on the Regal. We chose walk off with our luggage at about 6am cabs were waiting outside,no lines and headed straight to the airport with time to spare. The fare was $60 or 70 and we felt it was worth it. It was very easy to walk off the luggage too.

Definitely do an early walk off (with your luggage) and either grab a taxi or prebook a car/driver. Walking to the train is not even an option and you would have to take a public bus (which can be very crowded with queues if there are a few ships in port) to the nearest train station and then likely a train to the train :). A taxi to the main train station is an option, but with all the hassles of getting through the station (and wasting time) it just makes more sense to spend the extra money and cab it to the airport.

On our most recent visit our flight was not until 1 so we were able to use a reasonably priced bus transfer. But that is not an option with a very early flight.

Hank

Hi, just got home from Copenhagen we were on the Regal. We chose walk off with our luggage at about 6am cabs were waiting outside,no lines and headed straight to the airport with time to spare. The fare was $60 or 70 and we felt it was worth it. It was very easy to walk off the luggage too.

Thanks for letting us know how it went! Glad the early walk-off worked well. There had been mixed reports here on cc about the availability of taxis at the port but it sounds like it's not a problem, especially for those who disembark early.