Really disappointed with Avalon right now

Rebel54

Rebel54, I’m glad it’s worked out for you. We did this same tour/cruise with Avalon January 2018 and it was amazing, we love the small ship (the Siem Reap for us, I think they have another ship now) small group, wonderful staff and exceptional guides, can’t praise Avalon highly enough. This was our first dealing with them, have done another since and have one for the Christmas holiday markets this December. Happy travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Daisy, seriously? Any other hints re booking Avalon. I want to book a Mekong Cruise for 2020 and there is a sale price but I am not sure if it is a good one as I have not cruised with them before. So if it goes down, are you saying that I can take advantage of that by adding to the deposit. Thanks for that and any other tips.

We booked our cruise March 2017, the day booking opened as we wanted a certain cabin. Around Sept, they had a sale, so I had our TA call to see if we could get the discount and they said yes. It was a temporary discount, as the price increased a couple of weeks later, but since I put some money down, our invoice reflected the discount. You probably have to have the TA request it, but once you have the invoice, it won't go back up. Our initial "early booking" discount was at least doubled if not almost tripled by the time we made our final payment.

Don't forget, early booking prices increase after the first few months, so make sure you check the details and don't lose out if you are really going to do the cruise.

Rebel54, I’m glad it’s worked out for you. We did this same tour/cruise with Avalon January 2018 and it was amazing, we love the small ship (the Siem Reap for us, I think they have another ship now) small group, wonderful staff and exceptional guides, can’t praise Avalon highly enough. This was our first dealing with them, have done another since and have one for the Christmas holiday markets this December. Happy travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. Me too. This will be our second trip of many I have planned. We really loved our first trip (Central European Experience Prague to Paris). There were only 52 people on board and Avalon went all out to take care of us.

We are also on the Siem Reap. I am very excited. Nice to know that even if all the cabin's are filled it will still be a small group. I hate crowds so the river cruising really suits me.

Wish it was April already.

We booked our cruise March 2017, the day booking opened as we wanted a certain cabin. Around Sept, they had a sale, so I had our TA call to see if we could get the discount and they said yes. It was a temporary discount, as the price increased a couple of weeks later, but since I put some money down, our invoice reflected the discount. You probably have to have the TA request it, but once you have the invoice, it won't go back up. Our initial "early booking" discount was at least doubled if not almost tripled by the time we made our final payment.

Don't forget, early booking prices increase after the first few months, so make sure you check the details and don't lose out if you are really going to do the cruise.

Am surprised they did this. Most of the fine print says the discounts are for new bookings only...

Although, to be honest, have rarely found a "better" discount than that one I booked with.

Fran

It seems that the $1000 pp discount is limited to a few dates and not the ones in January if I look at current listings. I guess that I should not wait for it and just take the current offer of $500.00 off per person.

It seems that the $1000 pp discount is limited to a few dates and not the ones in January if I look at current listings. I guess that I should not wait for it and just take the current offer of $500.00 off per person.

If you want a specific date and cabin class, yes, I would book. I would only put the deposit down to hold it and then watch and see what happens. If you are flexible, then take the $2000.00 and then you have that locked in with your deposit. I dont' think they ever get any better than $2000.00.