Beverage package only available on embarkation day?

CCFC

Is this a new thing, only available to buy on Embarkation day? Sailing in 20 days and toying with the idea of buying it.

Package Details and Qualifications

• Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.
  • The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.
  • The package may be pre-purchased up to four days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.

Not new. Pre-purchase before the cruise in the cruise personlizer or purchase on board during boarding day. Princess does not offer a reduced price for a reduced number of days, thus boarding days only.

There is an on board exception, kind of. You say you are taking a 20 day cruise. If this is actually two 10 day cruises b2b then the first time you board you will be sold the PBP for 10 days. You will have to purchase the package again on turn around day for the next 10 days. You have the option of two boarding days to purchase or not purchase.

OK I'm cheap, I can't even imagine me drinking that much in liquid per day....nevertheless paying for my whole cruise...Yikes. At least if you pre purchase it, it can be on your own cc instead of your onboard account. If I purchased it for my 10 nights, 689.60...that's more than my cruise cost.

OK I'm cheap, I can't even imagine me drinking that much in liquid per day....nevertheless paying for my whole cruise...Yikes. At least if you pre purchase it, it can be on your own cc instead of your onboard account. If I purchased it for my 10 nights, 689.60...that's more than my cruise cost.

Every time I have add the package I get a bottle water along with my drink...my body greatly appreciates that....Don't call yourself cheap, just say you would rather spend your money on another cruise...everyone has their priorities....my DH definitely is not a candidate for the package. But , I have had fun trying all of the drinks on the Princesses menus and we had it on a promo when we were on the Majestic for 3 weeks, so I indulged in the boba tea and fresh squeezed juice bar...so on some ships the package can be more "valuable" than others.

Every time I have add the package I get a bottle water along with my drink...my body greatly appreciates that....Don't call yourself cheap, just say you would rather spend your money on another cruise...everyone has their priorities....my DH definitely is not a candidate for the package. But , I have had fun trying all of the drinks on the Princesses menus and we had it on a promo when we were on the Majestic for 3 weeks, so I indulged in the boba tea and fresh squeezed juice bar...so on some ships the package can be more "valuable" than others.

Thanks for the "pep talk" however, I think my main downfall would be the amount of liquid that I would intake, wouldn't leave me much time do much else....:eek:

Yes, the package has always been an all or nothing deal. If you buy on day 2 or 3 you pay for the entire cruise and no reimbursement for prior drinks purchased. So we usually decide a head of time if we are going to get it or not. We never questioned getting it when it was the AIBP, but with the increased price we have been a bit more apprehensive about getting it for an entire cruise. Last cruise it was a waste of money (Port intensive). Next 2 cruises it's a "free" perk and we have 2 cruises booked without the PBP. Not sure what we will do on those cruises yet. One is port intensive, the other lots of sea days. :)

If I'm paying full price for my drinks that's 6 martini's a day. I don't usually drink 6 martini's in a day, but I drink coffee, more than one cup daily. I love sparkling water, and like to remain hydrated. I don't like public water fountains, and I don't drink from a faucet, but yes, I drink still water poured in the dining room. I like to drink sparkling water throughout the day as well (small bottled included in the package). I like wine with dinner, I like pre dinner cocktails and that alone can easily add up to the price of the Premium beverage package. On a port intensive cruise I will not make the drink package worthwhile because we are barely on the ship. However, we tend to take cruises with lots of sea days. So, yes, with a lot of sea days, it's worthwhile to us.

Bringing your own wine sounds like a good idea, but it's a hassle I don't really want to deal with in port, even my home port.