White pass RR/Laughton Glacier hike Skagway?

erdoran

Anyone do this excursion? How hard is the hike? I know it’s 8 mi round trip. It’s also pricey but it sounds wonderful.

We’re debating this trip vs Frontier Excursions bus trip to Emerald Lake/Caribou Crossing vs the Bennett Lake train/bus trip. I just can’t decide...HELP!

thank you! First line I was thinking going to Packer Expeditions to save $$ (NCL is really pricey) but 30 seconds later decided to stick to NCL if we end up doing this. Great pix - question for us is if we want to miss out on seeing the Yukon.

Have not done this but was in the last car of the train when they stopped to pick up the Packer Expedition group.

The guides were very nice and professional and included those of us already in the car in all discussions, a big bonus IMHO. The people who did the hike seemed to really enjoy it and they had an older Chinese woman with them who they had to help on the hike, so I would say it can't be too hard. She thanked them for helping her up the climb and on the hike.

My son has done this. The glacier is lackluster and not a lot of time was spent there in his tour. He said there were a LOT of boulders, rocks. etc to go over/around. Not a really clear trail when he went several years ago.