Hurricane

adpilove

Anybody out in the Western area able to give some feedback on what it looks like right now? We’re leaving on the 9th on the Magic and doesn’t appear that things will let up by then. I want to get an idea if we should book excursions or not. Having small children, I don’t know if it will be worth the hassle or a waste of money if it’s all thunderstorms! TIA!

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drier air is moving into the Gulf from the north and from the east in the Atlantic over Florida and the Gulf.

The weather forecast for our area (west coast of Florida) says things will be "drier" which means still high humidity and the summer pattern of afternoon thunderstorms will be appearing.

Weather should be similar for ports in the Gulf.

What the weather is today has no bearing on what it might be like 10-14 days from now. Other than it will be hot and probably humid. A storm could spin up the day before you arrive or it could be perfectly clear. There is no way to tell, and really no reason to worry about it.

Nowhere. People are paranoid as tomorrow is the start of the new season.

Phew, I though I missed something on the weather channel

Edited to add: as long as we are on the subject, what about possibility of a hurricane the first week of September

Phew, I though I missed something on the weather channel

Edited to add: as long as we are on the subject, what about possibility of a hurricane the first week of September

No possible way to tell that. But, September time frame is around the statistical peak of hurricane season. it could be a Katrina/Rita type season or it could be zilch. The weather channel does tend to go to DEFCON 1 over a thunderstorm this time of year though. I lived in Houston for 18 years and the last 3 in Charleston and the local weather people are much better and calmer then the national ones. (less need for ratings and more about actual info i guess)

No possible way to tell that. But, September time frame is around the statistical peak of hurricane season. it could be a Katrina/Rita type season or it could be zilch. The weather channel does tend to go to DEFCON 1 over a thunderstorm this time of year though. I lived in Houston for 18 years and the last 3 in Charleston and the local weather people are much better and calmer then the national ones. (less need for ratings and more about actual info i guess)

I was kinda making a joke :confused:, Some weather stations couldn't predict rain if they were standing in it.

9c84e704dbd7694599c53b45628217b3.jpg

It was 50% chance of rain today on Cozumel. It drizzled for maybe 10 mins and this is my balcony view right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for taking the time to answer me from the ship. I appreciate that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums