RCCL to Carnival

The only difference (that matters at least) between RCCL and Carnival is the ships themselves which includes entertainment and dining venues. Kind of like booking a hotel or resort. You may want the hotel that has certain entertainment and dining, or it may not appeal to you. The food quality, service, etc is almost exactly the same. So look at the features of the ships and see what works for you.

Paid stuff: JiJi’s Asian $15 pp at dinner is top notch and free for lunch

Can you tell me what the menu for lunch at JiJis consists of? Someone mentioned on another thread that it's similar to the Mongolian Grill on the older ships... if so, is it exactly the same or just 'sort of the same'? I ask because while I loved the selections at the old Mongolian Grill I hated the sauces, so I never bothered to go after my first 2-3 times.

i find the service on carnival to be the worst on all the mainstream cruise lines.

I couldn't disagree more. I have had bad service on both Carnival and RC ships, but by and large, I find the staff on Carnival to be friendlier. I always enjoy interacting with them, whereas on RC, it seems like you are putting them out to talk to them. Many times it just depends on your wait staff.

Cheers!

Brad

So many opinions...so many choices...

All I can say is do it yourself to compare.

I like RCL..at one point, it was the only line I'd sail. I discovered Carnival and truly like it better since I think it's a bit friendlier but that's my opinion.

Food, shows, perks, entertainment etc. are all subjective and everyone will have their opinion...I'm not a foodie on a cruise so as long as there's something edible, I'm good. I equally like the alternative Steakhouses on both lines (Chops, Davids etc). Entertainment varies as does a million other things.

Honestly, Just do it and compare for yourself.

Some love MSC and Norwegian...and IMO...they suck...LOL..did one of each and that was enough for me.

I couldn't disagree more. I have had bad service on both Carnival and RC ships, but by and large, I find the staff on Carnival to be friendlier. I always enjoy interacting with them, whereas on RC, it seems like you are putting them out to talk to them. Many times it just depends on your wait staff.

Cheers!

Brad

I respectfully disagree. I feel like carnival is where a lot of these workers get their first contract, and are quite not as experienced as other lines. I feel like others use carnival as a stepping stone to other cruise lines.