Hotels with early check in/day rates FLL area

karkee8807

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on hotels that offered early check in or a day rate in the area of FLL/Hollywood, ect. Flights are half the cost if we fly out the day after the cruise, we we are considering that option.

Thank you!

It'll depend on occupancy the night before....you can try between9and5.com but again, there may be nothing available.

I did get a room, albeit not a day room, at the Renaissance on 17th but they were close to full and charged me the regular rate. As we were there for 6 or 8 hours, I decided it was worth it....I was able to check in around 10. They charged me full rate due to really high occupancy the night before and the night I was staying there...they weren't going to have time to clean the room a second time...

Be the last to disembark and show up at your hotel around 10 am. If a room is available the hotel will allow early check-in since you are spending that night. If it isn't ready yet, they will store your luggage and let you use the amenities until you can check in. We've found it helps if you have status with the hotel chain.

We were able to get our requested early check-in at the Courtyard by Marriott on FLL beach on the Sat after Thanksgiving. We left the ship around 930 and were in our room by 11am. We had all day to enjoy the beach right across the street ( concierge loaned us free beach chairs ).

We also stayed there one night pre-cruise and had requested the post cruise early check in then. It was noted but told no guarantees.

You are so right about airfare. Much cheaper to fly home the day after your cruise, especially if you opt for an early morning flight, before cruisers departing their ships can get to the airport. We had a 7am flight that was $300 cheaper pp than it was the afternoon before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We were able to get our requested early check-in at the Courtyard by Marriott on FLL beach on the Sat after Thanksgiving. We left the ship around 930 and were in our room by 11am. We had all day to enjoy the beach right across the street ( concierge loaned us free beach chairs ).

We also stayed there one night pre-cruise and had requested the post cruise early check in then. It was noted but told no guarantees.

You are so right about airfare. Much cheaper to fly home the day after your cruise, especially if you opt for an early morning flight, before cruisers departing their ships can get to the airport. We had a 7am flight that was $300 cheaper pp than it was the afternoon before.

Susie Kay......we are looking at that hotel for pre cruise. Only one day. What is within walking distance? Shopping? Eateries? Is there a shuttle to the port available? Shuttle from FLL?

Thanks

Susie Kay......we are looking at that hotel for pre cruise. Only one day. What is within walking distance? Shopping? Eateries? Is there a shuttle to the port available? Shuttle from FLL?

Thanks

The Courtyard is a great hotel in an excellent location! You are surrounded by restaurants and just two blocks north is the "heartbeat" of Lauderdale Beach with even more restaurants and bars! Shopping not so much but you can Uber to the Mall and elsewhere.

Port shuttle is included when you book a cruise package otherwise pay extra. They do not offer airport shuttles if I remember correctly.

The Courtyard is a great hotel in an excellent location! You are surrounded by restaurants and just two blocks north is the "heartbeat" of Lauderdale Beach with even more restaurants and bars! Shopping not so much but you can Uber to the Mall and elsewhere.

Port shuttle is included when you book a cruise package otherwise pay extra. They do not offer airport shuttles if I remember correctly.

Thank you!

Do you need to actually get into the room? The reason I ask is that I've always been able to show up, check my bags, and then come back to the hotel at the regular check-in time, no matter what hotel it is. Just remember to take your money, credit cards, passport, etc. with you.

Roz

Bubba Gump's is right next door, Coconut's is across the street on the backside of the hotel, right on the canal. Short easy walk. There is no free breakfast, but a casual Bistro within the hotel that is open for all meals. There is a pool and pool side bar with plentiful seating.

We are Marriott members (no status), so that may have helped getting early in, I don't know.

Do you need to actually get into the room? The reason I ask is that I've always been able to show up, check my bags, and then come back to the hotel at the regular check-in time, no matter what hotel it is. Just remember to take your money, credit cards, passport, etc. with you.

Roz

Yes, we were in our room before 11 am.

However, this was post cruise. We had also stayed there pre-cruise and they noted our request then. We also called the front desk before we left the ship and told them we were on our way.

Thanks

We walked a block or so down the street to a local liquor store to purchase our allowed two bottles of carry on wine. Did not notice any shopping area, but was not looking for any.

Don't think there was an airport shuttle. We always use taxis.