Miami after cruise

mustangmandy

Looking for recommendations on something to do after our cruise on the Glory in July. Our flight doesn't leave Ft Lauderdale until 6:30 that evening. Just don't want to spend all day at the airport but then what do you do with luggage while doing something???

Check out the water taxi (y).

Get on and off where you like for one price. Enjoy a leisurely cruise along Fort Lauderdale's waterways. Shop and dine on Las Olas Boulevard . There are 12 Fort Lauderdale stops along the Intracoastal and downtown New River, and 3 stops in Hollywood.

Hop on and off the boats all day. Your All Day Pass also links Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood. $28 all day pass, $21 Sr/Military (Seniors are age 65 or older), $12 child 5-11 (children 4 and under are free) Some of the local Hotels will store your luggage for a small fee. Hilton ,embassy Suites etc.

Two suggestions:

1) You could take a Miami shore excursion like the Everglades tour. It's hokey, but amusing, and will kill several hours. Your luggage will be safely in the tour bus while you're playing. Noor this will get you to Fort Lauderdale airport around 2pm so you will still have time to kill.

2) immediately after you get off, find the Avis shuttle and have it take you (and your luggage) over the bridge to the downtown car rental office. Rent a car for the day and explore on your own. You can return Miami cars to Fort Lauderdale with no drop charge and the car return in Fort Lauderdale is right at the terminal, which means it's easy and there's no shuttle involved.

I always suggest the Zoo! It take as much or as little time as you like and it’s a change of pace/scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Zoo Miami is wonderful. I loved it there. Also, Miami SeaQuarium is super. We went to SeaWorld last week and all we kept talking about was how much better Miami SeaQuarium was.

Looking for recommendations on something to do after our cruise on the Glory in July. Our flight doesn't leave Ft Lauderdale until 6:30 that evening. Just don't want to spend all day at the airport but then what do you do with luggage while doing something???

We had this same issue on our last cruise. We had an evening flight out of Miami and all of our luggage with us with no car. We ended up getting a Day Room at the Miami Sheraton at the airport. It was the best day! We had just one room where we stored all of our stuff and we spent the majority of the day out on the pool deck. There were 6 of us and we basically had the whole pool area to ourselves. A couple of other families came down during the day but we never felt crowded. We had one person in our group spend a few hours in the room napping and we had a chance to shower and get ready after being at the pool all day. We had lunch at the restaurant at the hotel with beautiful outside seating. The day went by quickly and so much better than camping out at the airport. I think the rate was around $70-$80 for the hours between 9 AM and 6 PM. I don't think you can store luggage that cheap for that many suitcases. Then the hotel had a free shuttle to the airport that we took. Perfect way to end our cruise.

Book an excursion.

I can only get evening flights back home from MIA so we always have all day before we can hop on our flight usually around 7 pm. Me and mine are usually so whipped that we get a day room at the hotel at the airport, check in the morning, chill there for the day, nap in the nice air conditioned room, people watch in the airport, watch tv, eat lunch....