Health Questionnaire

CatsareCool

It was brought to my attention that effective 'immediately' Princess will no longer require you to fill out the Health Questionnaire before check in and embarking. Look at all the time we will now save with not not having to stop that extra 20 seconds to fill it out. :D And how much money will the company save on not having to spend money on ink and paper and printing and those fabulous little golf pencils that never seemed to be usable because of the lead all being worn down. ;) Maybe they also figured out that some folks lied, if you should be answering yes to one of the questions you check no anyway because you don't want to risk being denied boarding. Don't have a cruise for a few more months but possibly someone has experienced this new event.

now, if Princess will get rid of the endless paper promotions for

spa

art auctions

jewelry

port shopping at 'their' preferred partners

I wish! But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

It was brought to my attention that effective 'immediately' Princess will no longer require you to fill out the Health Questionnaire before check in and embarking. Look at all the time we will now save with not not having to stop that extra 20 seconds to fill it out. :D And how much money will the company save on not having to spend money on ink and paper and printing and those fabulous little golf pencils that never seemed to be usable because of the lead all being worn down. ;) Maybe they also figured out that some folks lied, if you should be answering yes to one of the questions you check no anyway because you don't want to risk being denied boarding. Don't have a cruise for a few more months but possibly someone has experienced this new event.
We are elite members but sailed on RC Independence of the seas last week out of Southampton England and were asked the usual health questions at check in but we're not asked to fill the form in.

We are elite members but sailed on RC Independence of the seas last week out of Southampton England and were asked the usual health questions at check in but we're not asked to fill the form in.

Rumor has it three people have answered the questionaire honestly and they were whisked away never to be seen again

So, who brought this to your attention? Princess?

Thanks.

What's in red is the truth. I wouldn't say yes to any of them if I were sick. No way! Why would I risk being sequestered to my cabin after spending thousands of dollars getting to the ship. I always thought that people with noro got on board with it. DH and I have never been sick boarding a cruise ship, however, this last cruise we both caught a cold 2 days before debarkation.

Also wondering where you got the info.

Found nothing on the Princess site or through a google search. However, Princess rep on the phone just now indicated she received an advisory indicating the health questionnaire will no longer be required.

What's in red is the truth. I wouldn't say yes to any of them if I were sick. No way! Why would I risk being sequestered to my cabin after spending thousands of dollars getting to the ship. I always thought that people with noro got on board with it. DH and I have never been sick boarding a cruise ship, however, this last cruise we both caught a cold 2 days before debarkation.
I wonder if anyone ever ticked yes?

I wonder if anyone ever ticked yes?

We actually met a couple on our CB British Isles/TA last fall who spent the first couple of days quarantined in their cabin when they answered yes to a question.

I'm glad they're gone, but I finally remembered to take extras on our Hawaiian cruise in March. We wanted to fill them out in the morning before getting to the port for our next cruise.

If you think people with noro got on board with it, why do you think they work so hard to do a deep cleaning?

If you're sick, you run the risk of it getting worse and needing medical attention, possibly even a medical evacuation and/or a diversion to accommodate a medical evacuation. If it impacts the itinerary, the cruise line will be expected to provide compensation to other passengers, and they potentially miss out on excursion revenue. If you arrive sick and don't declare it, and in turn trigger such a diversion, you're going to be on the hook for all of those costs that the cruise line incurs.

Real Good. So what am I going to do with all these health forms I have saved up? I usually pick up a few extra and fill a couple out prior to arriving at the terminal. This saves about a minute of my time. LOL

I'm going to fill out all my extras & turn then in anyway for the next couple of years. :D