Meet and Mingles.......Deleted, AGAIN!

Same old story, website issues.

If you receive an email from Xplora saying we met the 25, which I and a couple of others received, would that override any totals showing?

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

We've had to sign up 3 times for our Brilliance TA this coming September. Now there are Zero people signed up, so this will be the 4th time. I can see their website going spastic one or two times, but 3-4 times? RCL needs to get their at together. I'm sick and tired of hearing "website issues." Naturally, Celebrity is just as bad.

If you receive an email from Xplora saying we met the 25, which I and a couple of others received, would that override any totals showing?

That would be my guess.

Seems both my 2018 TA's keep getting reset.

I wouldn't count on any computer generated email as pure confirmation.

As of*07 June 2018,*2*guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the*Vision Of The Seas*sailing on*18-Oct-2018

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We had one of our cruises a few years ago go through the cancelled M&M sign ups but get worked out and everyone was back on, this time it sounds like a major issue. My next Royal Caribbean cruises are not until April 2020, so hoping this gets resolved.

RCCL is just chasing me away with their ineptness. I have three with them from now till the end of the year and none after that. I can no longer book onboard as in the past unless I select the non refundable deposit fare; their online sales offer the same pricing in disguise w/o any real savings; their website sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure, it may override anything, but does that mean that the person on the ship who makes all the arrangements will show the full compliment? Or, will they just download the information the website has as a total the week before the cruise and decide nobody signed up?

Sure, it may override anything, but does that mean that the person on the ship who makes all the arrangements will show the full compliment? Or, will they just download the information the website has as a total the week before the cruise and decide nobody signed up?

I agree. Also there use to be a confirmed party list showing those cruises that met the 25 and 4 weeks out would show the location, date and time. Now that's gone(hope not permanently!)

Seems both my 2018 TA's keep getting reset.

I wouldn't count on any computer generated email as pure confirmation.

As of*07 June 2018,*2*guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the*Vision Of The Seas*sailing on*18-Oct-2018

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This ^^^

I signed up for the M&M for an April 2019 cruise, it told me there were now 4 people signed up.

The next day, I got the email that the M&M was on for that cruise, as 25 people had signed up. :D

This ^^^

I signed up for the M&M for an April 2019 cruise, it told me there were now 4 people signed up.

The next day, I got the email that the M&M was on for that cruise, as 25 people had signed up. :D

I got an email on 14 April 2018 for a 12 April 2019 cruise saying we met the 25-person threshold, yet I go into the app this morning, and it shows only 22 people signed up. Don't you just love their IT department.

The way the recent M&M's have been, perhaps their doing us a favor.

I would stronly disagree, but the conspiracy nut in me says its intenional. I just had another good one on Jewel, despite the fact that it was scheduled on a port day 30 minutes before all-aboard time.

• 1 month later...
We've had to sign up 3 times for our Brilliance TA this coming September. Now there are Zero people signed up, so this will be the 4th time. I can see their website going spastic one or two times, but 3-4 times? RCL needs to get their at together. I'm sick and tired of hearing "website issues." Naturally, Celebrity is just as bad.

How are you two doing?

I think the sign up list issue has FINALLY been resolved for both cruise lines! Chuck and I are doing the TA to Boston via Iceland and Greenland on the Serenade in 2019 after the BI cruise on The Reflection! Come join us!

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this year, we had over 25 couples register for our Meet and Mingle on the August 17 sailing for the Radiance of the Seas. Then one day, they were all gone. I organized a mad rush in our roll call to get everyone signed up again. We now have our 25 minimum met, but no confirmation e-mails have been sent out. I called Royal Caribbean. The rep I talked to didn't even know what a Meet and Mingle was and he threw the ball into the court of the powers that be with Cruise Critic, saying the issue was obviously on their side. So now there are 25+ people who are wondering if we are really going to have a Meet and Mingle party or not. I can see a mix-up like this happening once or maybe twice and have it attributed to computer error. But after having read so many instances of people having shared experiences, I have my doubts that it is as simple as that.

Earlier this year, we had over 25 couples register for our Meet and Mingle on the August 17 sailing for the Radiance of the Seas. Then one day, they were all gone. I organized a mad rush in our roll call to get everyone signed up again. We now have our 25 minimum met, but no confirmation e-mails have been sent out. I called Royal Caribbean. The rep I talked to didn't even know what a Meet and Mingle was and he threw the ball into the court of the powers that be with Cruise Critic, saying the issue was obviously on their side. So now there are 25+ people who are wondering if we are really going to have a Meet and Mingle party or not. I can see a mix-up like this happening once or maybe twice and have it attributed to computer error. But after having read so many instances of people having shared experiences, I have my doubts that it is as simple as that.

I've found that the formal Meet & Mingles are not as much fun as informally meeting someplace on day 1, like the Pool Bar, Viking Crown, Schooner, etc. I'd consider setting up one of those, just in case for formal M&M does not happen.

I've found that the formal Meet & Mingles are not as much fun as informally meeting someplace on day 1, like the Pool Bar, Viking Crown, Schooner, etc. I'd consider setting up one of those, just in case for formal M&M does not happen.

We've already got a sail away planned for the pool bar, but not everyone can make that.

This issue has been resolved for over a month now but no confirmation emails were sent again. If you go inot the sign up and go through the motions, you can see how many are signed up. As far as I know this issue was a problem with the cruise line program, not Cruise Critic. I am aware of it happening with only Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Hope this helps you . Take your original confirmation with you just in case.