New Coffee Package - NOW it's TWO packages for Elite MIni Bar swap - YAY

tuckerboxbill

Just saw this on the Offiicial Princess facebook page:

John J Jackson Princess Cruises Are we still going to be able to trade our mini bar setups for 2 coffee cards?

Manage

· Reply · 1h · Edited

1524569_10152158452789060_1497849093_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeEjTUJFljnipoiNbg8eAPc8foZQo4Flt4UZQQnHdnjdmoVyzBexzvr-uebdNs7aAFRpBTj52eGBwoWWQr5Ik-kFxvRsiV9DYrxTQlEO11Eeig&oh=c6e8078072b3992120796bd9a5b2b03c&oe=5BB24F2A

Princess Cruises Hi, John. You'll be able to exchange a complimentary mini-bar setup for two New Grounds Coffee Packages, as we're no longer issuing the paper cards.

With this change - wonder how long it takes to show up on your account so you can start using it?? When we swapped for the paper cards, we usually had them on the day of sailing and could start using them immediately.

Don't get too excited just yet. It was posted on another thread that they have already decided to reduce the switch to one coffee card in exchange for a complimentary mini-bar setup.

It sounds like their just going digital with no changes to save the costs of paper cards and not have to honor all 15 "punches" voiding the offer after the cruise ends. It's the same a a coke package or AIBP now. I wonder what the daily price will be, something like the coke price maybe?

I'll keep the booze and bring my own personal Starbuck Colombian instant coffee, it's far superior than that undrinkable stuff they call "fresh brewed."

I will keep the booze and sell it to someone on the roll-call. Easy!

Love all the speculation

really does not matter what some rep on the phone or in an email says.

What matters on your next cruise is what the ship staff says.

But, I do love the speculation.....

With a print out of a page from the Princess web site, you can sometimes reason with the on board people...but I haven't seen anything about the trade for mini-bar on line.

Always, have to make a buck, don't u?..sure u don't work for princess?:D;);p

There is another option give it away.....

In between the military benefit obc, shareholder benefit obc, future cruise certificate obc, loyalty credit, free internet, free laundry, last-minute/resident rates....every little bit helps. Oh, I forgot to mention that our travel agent usually throws in

a small obc and a bon voyage gift. I have been using the same travel agent since 1979, he treats us well, very well indeed,

although his 2 daughters are now gradually taking over the business!

Give it away? Nah!

On our recent 28-day Tahiti cruise we spent a total of just UNDER $4000 (including port charges/taxes/fees) for the 2 of us in an unobstructed balcony at the very front (actually 2nd from front) of Lido deck.....plus.....In addition to that, Princess kicked in just under $900 between the various obcs...then I sold the 4 new coffee cards I had (2 were from prior cruises) for another $100 ($25 each)...not exactly chump change! Why leave money on the table? I'm pretty sure that if you were out walking and see a $100 bill on the ground that you would leave it there for somebody else to take, wouldn't you? wink, wink.

I've always had the mindset (and it has always worked for me) that in life you win some and you lose some. Cruise benefits

aren't any different. If Princess takes away the coffee card swap-out benefit and now no more physical coffee cards? No worries, time to move on to selling the actual contents of the mini-bar to members of the roll-call.

Easy!

lmao

Edited by 1AL

In between the military benefit obc, shareholder benefit obc, future cruise certificate obc, loyalty credit, free internet, free laundry, last-minute/resident rates....every little bit helps. Oh, I forgot to mention that our travel agent usually throws in

a small obc and a bon voyage gift. I have been using the same travel agent since 1979, he treats us well, very well indeed,

although his 2 daughters are now gradually taking over the business!

Give it away? Nah!

On our recent 28-day Tahiti cruise we spent a total of just UNDER $4000 (including port charges/taxes/fees) for the 2 of us in an unobstructed balcony at the very front (actually 2nd from front) of Lido deck.....plus.....Princess kicked in just under $900 between the various obcs...then I sold the 4 new coffee cards I had (2 were from prior cruises) for another $100 ($25 each)...not exactly chump change! Why leave money on the table? I'm pretty sure that if you were out walking and see a $100 bill on the ground that you would leave it there for somebody else to take, wouldn't you?

lmao

Since you asked me I'll answer the question....I would look around and see who it might belong to...and if I was near a store I would hand it in..because maybe it was someone's last hundred and in reality that hundred would not make a big impact on my life..but it might have been everything to the person who lost it. BTW I have found cash before and turned it in more than once.

But I, like you...want to get the best value possible on any vacation I plan...but I also know sometimes by giving something that cost me nothing, to a another, whether friend or stranger can make their day.

I do not know what branch of the military you were in but a few weeks ago I flew in the only flying, B-24 bomber with one of my sons....what a kick... my dad piloted it and the B-17 in WWII.

Enjoy..

Since you asked me I'll answer the question....I would look around and see who it might belong to...and if I was near a store I would hand it in..because maybe it was someone's last hundred and in reality that hundred would not make a big impact on my life..but it might have been everything to the person who lost it. BTW I have found cash before and turned it in more than once.

But I, like you...want to get the best value possible on any vacation I plan...but I also I know sometimes by giving something that cost me nothing, to a another, whether friend or stranger can make their day.

I do not know what branch of the military you were in but a few weeks ago I flew in the only flying, B-24 bomber with one of my sons....what a kick... my dad piloted it and the B-17 in WWII.

Enjoy..

How cool is that!!!

I once befriended an F4 pilot on one of my Princess cruises, Vietnam vet!

My former neighbor's Dad used to fly P51s during WW2. In his 90s, he was

still one heck of a character...a true American hero to/for me! He has since passed.

And once while on a land-based vacation, I had an opportunity of meeting Gene Cernan

...boy was that an interesting conversation...I'll remember that for the rest of my life.

I served in the British military.

How cool is that!!!

I once befriended an F4 pilot on one of my Princess cruises, Vietnam vet!

My former neighbor's Dad used to fly P51s during WW2. In his 90s, he was

still one heck of a character...a true American hero to/for me! He has since passed.

And once while on a land-based vacation, I had an opportunity of meeting Gene Cernan

...boy was that an interesting conversation...I'll remember that for the rest of my life.

I served in the British military.

Your British????that explains everything:D;p

I met a few cosmonauts in Moscow, but Gene Cernan I am sure was very interesting.....

Your British????that explains everything:D;p

I met a few cosmonauts in Moscow, but Gene Cernan I am sure was very interesting.....

No, it doesn't.......lol....lol....;p;p;p I did serve in the British military but I am NOT a Brit.

I sure hope we can cross paths on a cruise one day, I am sure we can spend countless

hours exchanging life stories and experiences. I come from a family of fliers, all kinds

of engineers, seafaring captains and marine engineers.

Regards,

AL

It sounds like their just going digital with no changes to save the costs of paper cards and not have to honor all 15 "punches" voiding the offer after the cruise ends. It's the same a a coke package or AIBP now. I wonder what the daily price will be, something like the coke price maybe?

The new Grounds Coffee Package is the same price as the coffee card....I just got an email from Princess telling me that the coffee card that i purchased online, will be changed to the Grounds Coffee Package....it will work the same with the 15 coffees and speciality coffee drinks, only instead of punching a card, it will be taken off my shipboard account....Grounds Coffee Package will already be on my account... cost is still $35.65

and knowing that any unused 'formerly known as punches' will expire at the end of the cruise

so, you have an option to cancel if you don't like the new policy, right...

of course you do...

just like I had the option of cancelling the AIBP when the PBP came out...

Thinking on this 2 much,

But with the new policy using old cards...... seems to me if one brings a "new" paper card to the IC.. the barista could just destroy it and code the pax cruise card with the free brew and 15 punches....also with a used card they could just code in remaining punches and no brew. In fact on our next cruise i am going to ask for that option.

Certainly would make it easier and less cards floating around.

Thinking on this 2 much,

But with the new policy using old cards...... seems to me if one brings a "new" paper card to the IC.. the barista could just destroy it and code the pax cruise card with the free brew and 15 punches....also with a used card they could just code in remaining punches and no brew. In fact on our next cruise i am going to ask for that option.

Certainly would make it easier and less cards floating around.

Sounds logical but I somehow suspect that will not happen. They are hoping that many of those old unused or partially used paper cards will just disappear. I can see slow times toward the end of a cruise when customers will need to check with the barista as to how many if any specialty coffees they have left before they order. Always felt the infinite time on the coffee card punches was a great perk and thus not surprised to see it finally disappear.

Always, have to make a buck, don't u?..sure u don't work for princess?:D;);p

There is another option give it away.....

Last cruise I gave the 2 beers away from our mini bar. The recipients were thrilled. I traded the soda all for diet Sprite. We brought the small bottles of booze home, we have quite a collection of those little bottles. I wonder if I can take them on the airline, would I get tagged by TSA?

Is the cabin steward allowed to accept a gift of what remains of our mini bar? Has anyone ever done that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, cabin stewards can accept & use whatever you don't want or use from your setup. I have done this several times. Just tell them and they'll be happy to oblige. If they don't use it themselves, they can trade or give away to other crew members.