Off the ship a day early?

Shebba

Dh and I are taking an Alaskan cruise June 23-30, RT Seattle. It stops in Victoria the evening of the 29th. Dh has gotten a wild hair and wants to go from Victoria to Vancouver to take a different cruise out of Vancouver that leaves on the 30th. Is this doable? We've tried to call HAL HQ today with no answer so far. Have any of you done anything like this in the past?

Thanks for any input.

Why not take the shuttle from Seattle the morning you get in on the 30th to Vancouver and board the next cruise? There are several ways to make the trip to Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dh and I are taking an Alaskan cruise June 23-30, RT Seattle. It stops in Victoria the evening of the 29th. Dh has gotten a wild hair and wants to go from Victoria to Vancouver to take a different cruise out of Vancouver that leaves on the 30th. Is this doable? We've tried to call HAL HQ today with no answer so far. Have any of you done anything like this in the past?

Thanks for any input.

Yes it can be done. The ship has to be notified in advance to get permission from Canada Customs. They have to bring staff to the pier to do this.

A lot of people do this on the Seattle round trip to Alaska. I did it last year in September and I think there was at least 50 to a hundred of us that got off. You need to request a deviation in the itinerary and they will put an official request in and let you know if it has been approved. the other thing to keep in mind as you will have to carry your own luggage off they don't provide any help that I am aware of

Thank you all for your input. We've pretty much decided to stay on until Seattle and then take some form of transportation (bus, shuttle, etc.) up to Vancouver. It looks like we would have plenty of time to do that. Again, I appreciate your help!

You will need a passport.

The documentation requirements remain the same whether entering Canada just for the day, reboarding and continuing on to the end of the cruise, or debarking in Victoria and heading to Vancouver to start a second cruise. There are a number of options to a passport, including a US passport card, a NEXUS card, EDL, etc.. Some of these aren't valid for international air travel but are valid for entry into Canada by land or sea.

Thank you all for your input. We've pretty much decided to stay on until Seattle and then take some form of transportation (bus, shuttle, etc.) up to Vancouver. It looks like we would have plenty of time to do that. Again, I appreciate your help!

Take the train....the view is glorious!

Take the train....the view is glorious!

We really wanted to do that (and probably will returning from Vancouver to Seattle) but there's not one scheduled at an appropriate time. It's been many years since I've been on a train and would love to do that!