OBC differences

triple7tahoe

I know that I read that OBC that is given/earned by using FCC's/ Stock/ and Military is issued in the currency being used on the ship-i.e. FCC's bought using US$ are given in AUD while sailing from Australia. The discussion seemed to indicate that there used to be a conversion but that is no longer true. That makes my question- If I buy FCC's while on a cruise out of Australia and using AUD will I get the US$ rate if I use them for cruises where the US$ is used? Seems only fair but since I will sailing down under in a few months I wonder if it would benefit me to wait and buy them on those cruises.

Interesting question and I too would like to know the answer.

We bought FCC with US $ and are getting AUD$150 pp (LONG cruise) instead of US$150.

Would love to pay AUD$100 pp for an FCC and get the OBC in US$ dollar for dollar with no conversion.

Yes!

We bought FCDs in AUD a few years ago then booked an April 2016 Golden Princess repositioning cruise which was a USD onboard currency cruise. We got the OBC in USD.

Great to know, if you have US$ cruises coming up.

Thank you!

Just a thought though. If you buy FCDs on an Aussie cruise they may still charge your credit card in USD since your booking presumably has a US address. Just make sure you know what the options are.

I think we bought more FCDs on the USD Golden cruise and were able to specify paying in AUD, AU $100 per FCD.

It all depends what currency you pay cruise in. If you're in the US and pay for your cruise in US$ then they won't let you use an AUD FCD, even if the onboard currency is AUD. Were in the UK and have had the same problem. We pay for our FCD's in £ but always get US$ OBC as thats the onboard currency. But our cruise on the Sun this year well only get 250AUD OBC instead of the converted amount from US$250.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Yes!

We bought FCDs in AUD a few years ago then booked an April 2016 Golden Princess repositioning cruise which was a USD onboard currency cruise. We got the OBC in USD.

I can also confirm this as I have done it both ways. Note that any loop holes that exist can be closed at any time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra