Celebrity phone booking issue at Celebrity own Call Center

dkm360

As just an FYI for everyone:

Tried booking a new cruise online through celebrities own site and received an error code. The site stated to call in so I did and found they weren't aware of the pricing online. Filed a complaint with corporate and was just told it was an IT bug that the phone agents could not see the promos, but the customer support rep wouldn't recognize the fact the call center rep added on items to the package without asking.

They finished the call saying they are calling all the impacted customers who were OVER charged.

they added items to our order without asking and then said we didn't qualify for promos that did work on their site and when the promo was added then they claimed all the 'add ons" weren't included.

Since they are concerned about contacting other customers who might have been affected, it sounds much more like an error than a scam. If you feel Celebrity are relying on clumsy and easy-to-detect “scams” to make money, why are you doing business with them?

Edited by lisiamc

Since they are concerned about contacting other customers who might have been affected, it sounds much more like an error than a scam. If you feel Celebrity are relying on clumsy and easy-to-detect “scams” to make money, why are you doing a business with them?

;p

bon voyage

Isn't there a big difference between a scam

scam skam

noun

noun scam plural noun scams

a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

fraud swindle fraudulent scheme racket trick pharming con hustle flimflam bunco grift gyp shakedown

and phoning people to refund their money?

The obvious serious problems with the celebrity website are simply one more reason to book with a TA or a large online TA.

Of course not.

I, personally, believe relatively few people have problems with the website as an ongoing issue, I being one of the users who access often.

What is obvious to me is some 'sub-set' of users who really have problems with the website for reasons due to their browser or cookies, another 'sub-set' who believe that the website needs to be available anytime they want to access it, there is the 'sub-set' who will never be able to figure out any web site irrespective of the fact that the site works or not. There are other 'sub-sets' which I can cite based on the posts found here.

All of the above is NOT to say that the website does not have issues and challenges like any newly rolled out website. Yet, it is a sport around these boards, I find, to complain and complain and complain about the website and how it does not work or it is down. Frustrating for the site user, you bet.

When one finds that the website does not work or they cannot access, then I wholly recommend that they find another site to access for X cruise info with the exception of passenger info or possibly consider finding another cruise line with a website to their liking. BTW - other posters on other lines also report challenges with that lines website and booking issues, so X does not have a monopoly on website issues.

Okay, back to the website to just look around at all of my reservations for the next few years and to check and make sure nothing was dropped or changed or otherwise incorrect... WOW, I could spend a few hours a day just looking at the website and getting nothing else done... then again, I have other things to do, personally, than trying to keep track on my sailings until 90 or so days out.

bon voyage

Of course not.

I, personally, believe relatively few people have problems with the website as an ongoing issue, I being one of the users who access often.

What is obvious to me is some 'sub-set' of users who really have problems with the website for reasons due to their browser or cookies, another 'sub-set' who believe that the website needs to be available anytime they want to access it, there is the 'sub-set' who will never be able to figure out any web site irrespective of the fact that the site works or not. There are other 'sub-sets' which I can cite based on the posts found here.

All of the above is NOT to say that the website does not have issues and challenges like any newly rolled out website. Yet, it is a sport around these boards, I find, to complain and complain and complain about the website and how it does not work or it is down. Frustrating for the site user, you bet.

When one finds that the website does not work or they cannot access, then I wholly recommend that they find another site to access for X cruise info with the exception of passenger info or possibly consider finding another cruise line with a website to their liking. BTW - other posters on other lines also report challenges with that lines website and booking issues, so X does not have a monopoly on website issues.

Okay, back to the website to just look around at all of my reservations for the next few years and to check and make sure nothing was dropped or changed or otherwise incorrect... WOW, I could spend a few hours a day just looking at the website and getting nothing else done... then again, I have other things to do, personally, than trying to keep track on my sailings until 90 or so days out.

bon voyage

What planet are you from?

It's hard for me to believe that there are people that have no problems with the Celebrity website. Or if they do, to automatically defend it.

I've been using the internet since around 1995. Usually with no real issues. They have one of the worst websites I've ever experienced in the last 20 something years.

What planet are you from?

It's hard for me to believe that there are people that have no problems with the Celebrity website. Or if they do, to automatically defend it.

I've been using the internet since around 1995. Usually with no real issues. They have one of the worst websites I've ever experienced in the last 20 something years.

There is the operative phrase.... "I've ever experienced..."

As written here on CC, most everyone's experience on the website and on-ship and on tours usually are always different.

Thus, I have relatively few issues and most certainly none to be posting here about with the website. I can and do appreciate others who have had issues, again I refer to such postings by the same individuals about the same thing a 'sport' posting.

As I do not doubt that there are individuals who have constant issues with the website, please do not doubt that there are other of us who do not, if we do, it is very infrequent or not major enough to post about it.

bon voyage

The obvious serious problems with the celebrity website are simply one more reason to book with a TA or a large online TA.
How do TAs (or large online TAs) book celebrity cruises - do they call in to a Rep, or do they have an online portal? Just wondering if a TA experiences some of the same website glitches etc?

How do TAs (or large online TAs) book celebrity cruises - do they call in to a Rep, or do they have an online portal? Just wondering if a TA experiences some of the same website glitches etc?

I can say from my experience yesterday that my TA is looking at the same information as me. When I called with a query about dining times, they couldn't look at my booking because I was logged in to the Celebrity website. I would have to log out then they would have to wait 20 minutes.

Sound familiar?

My TA gives me lots of sympathy about the website, because she has similar problems. She does most of her interactions with Celebrity over the phone.

I have always assumed there was a separate team to deal with agents, but that could be a faulty assumption. I would hope they get to talk to people who actually know something and are in a position to do something about it, rather than the basic telephone reps who might or might not be able to help, depending on which one you talk to and how often you call back.