Pool towels

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can answer a question about towels at the pool situation. How do you go about getting fresh ones and returning them? Is there a fee attached? I have been hearing conflicting stories. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone wishing there were more swingers.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can answer a question about towels at the pool situation. How do you go about getting fresh ones and returning them? Is there a fee attached? I have been hearing conflicting stories. Thanks.

Usually there is a towel hut on deck. You can sign out towels or exchange towels there, free of charge.

There is no charge. They just get your information off the S&S card along with your cabin number. When you turn them back in, they mark your information off the list. Easy peasy

Also there will be 2 towels in your room. Feel free to use those anytime and put them in the bathroom when done. The room steward will change them out fresh each day.

We do this but we trade the towels in before leaving the pool deck so we have clean ones in the room.

There are no charge. Take the one from your cabin to the pool or off shore with you. Sometimes they will swap them out coming back on the ship. If not, you can place them in our cabin floor and the steward will replace them, or there is a hut by the pool were they can be replaced.

If you forgot your towel when you go to the pool, you can check one out from this hut also. They ask for your room number just in case you don't turn it in so they can charge you.

THESE are free for use as long as they are accounted for at the end of the cruise. If not, it will be added to your bill.

Thanks. I knew I was right. I shouldn’t have listened to the opposite but I haven’t been on carnival in some time and didn’t know if things had changed or were different from other lines. Thanks all! Good to know!

Thanks. I knew I was right. I shouldn’t have listened to the opposite but I haven’t been on carnival in some time and didn’t know if things had changed or were different from other lines. Thanks all! Good to know!

Happily, it's still the way you remember!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

I love posts like this, exactly where did you hear Carnival charges for pool towels?

Just trade them in.

Two beach towels are placed in your stateroom on the first day of the cruise. We keep them in our room and pick up towels on the pool deck. You can trade the beach towels in as many times as you want on the pool deck or in your stateroom. If you would like to purchase them the info below is from CCL website.

Beach Towels

Oversized logo beach towels are provided in each stateroom for guests to take ashore. If guests wish to purchase the beach towel, the price is $22 USD. Serenity logo beach towels are also available - the price is $22 USD.

I love posts like this, exactly where did you hear Carnival charges for pool towels?

From someone that doesn't like Carnival?:confused:

(And just to clarify there should be one towel in the cabin for each passenger in the cabin.)

If you lose your towel while on an excursion or beach and cant replace it with a chair hogs that's been left on a chair for hours :evilsmile: , you will have to pay for that lost towel :halo:..

@coevan it wasn’t carnival per se but I knew someone who was on celebrity very recently and knew this wasn’t the case but someone who was on NCL and said it was (although I think they just got it wrong) but since I am going on carnival and do not know personally people who have been recently I said carnival. @sparks that’s a good point about how many will be in the room.

If I get a towel from the serenity or pool hut and they write down my cabin #, when I return it I always wait to see the employee mark my entry returned. I don't take a thank you alone, as they can forget to do it after I leave, or mark the wrong cabin #.

I don't want to have to get shifty to replace a towel that was dutifully returned but didn't get noted as such by a distracted employee.

Good things to think about @evan and @psych. Will definitely remember all these tips. I don’t like hassle especially when I know I did my job but someone didn’t do theirs. He said/he said is annoying anyway and especially on holiday. These 31 can’t come fast enough.

I got towels on deck once and it started to rain. The attendant left and I put my towel on the pile but his check list was gone. I got charged for the towel and had to get it fixed which took a while.

Yep , that was a major malfunction for our group as well.

So much time missed and you're questioned to death to resolve the problem

I got towels on deck once and it started to rain. The attendant left and I put my towel on the pile but his check list was gone. I got charged for the towel and had to get it fixed which took a while.

Yep , that was a major malfunction for our group as well.

So much time missed and you're questioned to death to resolve the problem

For some reason, a few days after we returned home from three of our last four cruises, a charge appeared on our credit card. Once it was $22. The next it was $44, then $22 again. Each time I called Carnival and asked what were the charges. I was told we were charged for unreturned blue towels. I explained that we always left our towels on the bathroom floor. I also asked the rep why would I take home a stained blue towel with holes and thread pulls. Each rep replied that made perfect sense. I heard typing and our cc was credited the appropriate amount. These only took about five minutes of my time and were resolved quickly and easily.

We tried an experiment on our last cruise in February. We exchanged wet towels for dry ones at the towel hut on the last night. We left the towels on the chair. Hmm, no extra charges.

This is our new routine from now on.

Why would you use the towels in the shower? We get new blue towels from the pool, just do an exchange. We have never tried to send our blue towels to the laundry.

Some people leave them on the bathroom floor for the steward to replace.

When you get into your cabin, you should find two towels.

When you use them on the ship, you can switch out for clean ones at the towel hut, or you can leave them for your room steward to switch out.

When you use them off the ship, as you are coming back on to the ship, there usually is a towel exchange so you don't have to carry a wet, sandy towel back to your room. Or, you can just exchange them at the Towel Hut on Lido at any time.

If you want or need additional towels, you can either ask your room steward, or you can sign them out, via your Sail and Sign Card, at the Towel Hut.

You are responsible for them, so Carnival has the option of charging you $25 per towel if any come up missing.

Don't leave them at a beach, in a taxi, on a lounge chair all by themselves (someone else could take it to avoid a charge), or anywhere else. Just don't lose them.

Also, you can buy a towel, if you really like them. If your room steward sells a set number of towels per week, he/she earns time off, which they love, because working every day of the week, mornings and evenings, for 6-9 straight months is tough on them. An evening off for your room steward is very much appreciated.