Dining packages?

39august

How do the dining packages work, please? I am considering buying the 3 night package for our 11 night Equinox Sept. 24 cruise. We like to eat early. I know the 4 night is a better deal, but not really interested in that.

How do the dining packages work, please? I am considering buying the 3 night package for our 11 night Equinox Sept. 24 cruise. We like to eat early. I know the 4 night is a better deal, but not really interested in that.

Best to buy in advance in the website as the packages are limited. You will indicate the time you want for the first night. When you get on board go to one of the speciality restaurants (we went to Murano) and select the dates, venues and times. You may have to be flexible on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, nothing is automatically assigned? If I get to choose the time when I purchase on line, that should take care of my time concerns.

I’ve just bought Murano for first night of our Equinox cruise. It was on offer at $35. When I went through the purchase, I was able to reserve a time.

I’ve just bought Murano for first night of our Equinox cruise. It was on offer at $35. When I went through the purchase, I was able to reserve a time.

If you book individual restaurants you can choose times , days etc on line but not if u buy the package

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Can you buy the 4 nt. pkg. on board ?

Usually they have a set limit of packages. If you really want one then best to book beforehand. No guarantee it will still be available when you board - and indeed possible that it will sell out in advance.

So, nothing is automatically assigned? If I get to choose the time when I purchase on line, that should take care of my time concerns.

NO, once you choose the first night on a 3 night package and request a specialty restaurant, that should be approved for the time. Speak with a Maitre' de as soon as you board ship; they are usually outside the specialty restaurants. We wanted (party of 6) Murano and only got it for the last night at 8:30 PM , which was much later than our 7 PM request. Murano tends to book up fast.

Good luck. We really enjoyed the Lawn Club Grille the most.

We had a 3 night package and a booking was made for us for the first night by Celebrity, I don’t recall which restaurant it was, this was in an envelope in our room. All we did was go to the Murano reception area and were able to cancel that booking and make bookings for the remainder of our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My understanding is that when you book a package they automatically book you in a restaurant for the first night. When I did it there was no option to choose it. They may have changed this since then. However even if they book your first night for you it can be changed when you get on board the first day.

Prior to our last Reflection sailing we booked 4 night dining package via our cruise planner.

When we bought the dining package - one for each member of our group (5 of us) we were required to choose either the first night or the second night of our sailing and the only restaurant option was Tuscan Grill.

We knew that was not what we wanted so I called Celebrity to ask about other options. I was told that the booking was mostly a 'place holder'. We were told that once we got on board we could go to any specialty restaurant (as some have already mentioned) and change not only the pre-booked night of our package if we wished but also make the rest of our reservations for the other three nights too. This advice was correct. As soon as we boarded we went to a specialty restaurant (we went to Qsine because there was no line) and rebooked the first night along with the rest of our other specialty dining nights.

As mentioned, we also had trouble getting a reservation at Murano - reservations were very limited even so early on the first day & just after boarding so I assume those with unlimited suite specialty dining or guests that pre-booking and pay full price for individual restaurant reservations get priority for the prime time dining times? (Total assumption here...) Once on board we booked what we could get (most of our wish list) so we had something then checked back occasionally for openings at more preferred times for us. We did find that after a few days there were cancellations and eventually got pretty close to all of our first choice reservation times - we were flexible with the date (we were on a cruise after all!) and time slots do open up.

If you can't get what you want on the first day, just check back when you're passing by a restaurant or when you have a minute to call. There's also a specialty dining kiosk at the entrance to the Ocean View Cafe that's usually staffed and they can check for openings too.

Last suggestion - if all else fails, go see the maitre d' at the restaurant you're having trouble getting into and see if you can sweet-talk your way in. Sometimes standing in front of someone with a smile and kind word makes a difference - this worked for us at Murano.

Also - just to clarify, anyone at any specialty restaurant can make reservations for you at any other specialty restaurant so no need to go to each one individually (maybe that's obvious though?)

I was trying to figure out what all the specialty restaurants on Constellation are now. Does anyone know? Because it seems like the one we tried the last time we were on that ship is no longer there. It was the equivalent of Murano on the Silhoutte but I can't recall the name (think it was something sort of patriotic sounding). I can't eat at QZine so if there aren't very many choices, a package may not be viable for us.

Thanks for any help.

I was trying to figure out what all the specialty restaurants on Constellation are now. Does anyone know? Because it seems like the one we tried the last time we were on that ship is no longer there. It was the equivalent of Murano on the Silhoutte but I can't recall the name (think it was something sort of patriotic sounding). I can't eat at QZine so if there aren't very many choices, a package may not be viable for us.

Thanks for any help.

Tuscan Grille and Sushi on 5 (the Murano equivalent restaurant unfortunately is long gone); Qsine appears to be in the process of being changed to Le Petite Chef on at least some, if not all, ships - not sure if/when this change is impacting Constellation.

Tuscan Grille and Sushi on 5 (the Murano equivalent restaurant unfortunately is long gone); Qsine appears to be in the process of being changed to Le Petite Chef on at least some, if not all, ships - not sure if/when this change is impacting Constellation.

Thank you for that quick response. We would only have one option, then, as can't eat Sushi. Very helpful information. Have a great day!