Chaise Lounges

mellon1

Last I saw, the cruise SHIP (not boat) has plenty of chairs for everyone. I don't see the need to bring your own, just extra "stuff" to carry with you unnecessarily

use for pre and post cruise days:):)

You didn't mention the ports you will be stopping at. But for all the years I've been sailing, I don't believe there are any beaches which don't offer chairs and umbrellas, unless you are opting for an out of the way private beach, if you are comfortable with that. When we have a beach day, carrying our bags with our towels is heavy enough, hauling chairs would be overkill, especially that awfully long way down the dock back to the ship. Of course another option is bring your own set of wheels to pull all that stuff, like a folding luggage cart.

not for ports, but for beach in ft. L

OP: if you're staying in the same hotel pre and post, maybe they'd hold it for you.(y)

It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask.[/quote

A good thought. Called. they said they don't do any items anymore as items were missing or damaged and they cannot guarantee. I can understand that. If everyone wa sleaving things.

I need help answering a question. Has anyone brought their own chaise lounge on board? We are doing Florida precruise and post cruise and I wanted to bring the lounge with me when we board the boat so we don't have to buy another one (many times Walgreens runs out of them). I would just carry it on as it will be light weight.

I felt it would be better to ask all of you experts rather than call a rep @ Princess. Appreciate your help.

Can you post a picture? And why do you want to bring a lounger? To carry to a beach in port or for using on the cruise ship? Just wondering ... never heard or seen this before.

Can you post a picture? And why do you want to bring a lounger? To carry to a beach in port or for using on the cruise ship? Just wondering ... never heard or seen this before.

Don't have one yet, getting in Ft. L, depends what they have. Looking for 2-3 days before cruise and same for after cruise.

I have been hearing a lot about the laundry facilities being cut in half. I'm looking to bring my own washer

https://www.wayfair.com/appliances/pdp/della-353-cu-ft-portable-washer-dlla1096.html

Myfuzzy,

I can’t stop laughing. I love it. :) Great looking washer. I have been talking my personal washer for years. I call her Margie...:D:D:D I hope she doesn’t see this.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Myfuzzy,

I can’t stop laughing. I love it. :) Great looking washer. I have been talking my personal washer for years. I call her Margie...:D:D:D I hope she doesn’t see this.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Glad I made your day.....I promise I won't tell.....

okay- as someone who travels with kids we have some experience with juggling stuff on and off the cruise ships. First tip is get a collapsible wagon- Costco sells them as well as most major stores/sporting good/hardware. You can easily move stuff including all your carry ons onboard and it fits under the bed (if you decide to take loungers off the ship to visit a beach it works then too- they hand check these items at security. Next, most ports have a Walmart- if you are planning on buying your loungers pre cruise you can order them on Walmart.com and chose ship to store delivery- make sure you get the delivery date to be during your stay and you can have it waiting for you when you get there (done this with car booster seats as rental car companies will charge you more per day to rent them then they cost from Walmart and they are just too much of a hassle to fly with kids- they aren't allowed in the plane seat). Hope this helps!

Next, most ports have a Walmart- if you are planning on buying your loungers pre cruise you can order them on Walmart.com

The poster is sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Which 'most' ports on his itinerary might have a walmart?

The closest I can think of is a K-Mart in St. Thomas, and I don't know if it is still open.

There is a walmart in Ft. Lauderdale -- Broward Blvd, just west of I-95 -- which is super

inconvienient to get to, unless one has a rental car.

For the price of the rental car, the original poster could simply discard one lounger, and buy

another at the conclusion of the cruise.

The poster is sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Which 'most' ports on his itinerary might have a walmart?

The closest I can think of is a K-Mart in St. Thomas, and I don't know if it is still open.

There is a walmart in Ft. Lauderdale -- Broward Blvd, just west of I-95 -- which is super

inconvienient to get to, unless one has a rental car.

For the price of the rental car, the original poster could simply discard one lounger, and buy

another at the conclusion of the cruise.

I have been to the Kmart in St. Thomas, thought I missed a Walmart. Yes I am sure that there is more than one Walmart in Ft Lauderdale, but was curious as what other ports had them

I need help answering a question. Has anyone brought their own chaise lounge on board? We are doing Florida precruise and post cruise and I wanted to bring the lounge with me when we board the boat so we don't have to buy another one (many times Walgreens runs out of them). I would just carry it on as it will be light weight.

I felt it would be better to ask all of you experts rather than call a rep @ Princess. Appreciate your help.

Yes. You can. I have a few times. Used pre and post cruise. I carried it aboard..

I never needed to use it aboard or on beach shore excursions. Then I realized it was simply a PIA to carry, and now no longer bring one, since plenty of loungers aboard ship, and at the beaches.

FWIW, if you must bring your own lounger, there are many stores in FLL besides Walgreens where you can pick up an inexpensive lounger.

Enjoy, and good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Why do you need to buy 2 loungers and carry them around. If you're 'doing' Florida pre & post cruise, it stands to reason you'll be in a hotel. The hotel has lounge chairs.

The ship has lounge chairs.

Beaches at ports of call have lounge chairs ... yeah, probably have to rent them, but would be easier than carrying chairs around. Hmmm...are the wait staff as attentive to you if you are NOT in a rented lounger? In St. Maarten, we had great service at the beach, but we rented the loungers.

I have been to the Kmart in St. Thomas, thought I missed a Walmart. Yes I am sure that there is more than one Walmart in Ft Lauderdale, but was curious as what other ports had them

Hilo has a special Walmart shuttle right at the port.

Yes I am sure that there is more than one Walmart in Ft Lauderdale, but was curious as what other ports had them

I'm pretty sure that the store I mentioned is the only walmart actually in Ft, Lauderdale.

They had a big splash about 'walmart comes to ft. lauderdale" ... when it first opened.

Some of the responses here are a little snarky..sorry to see that. I can’t see why it would be a problem. If you can get one that folds down small enough to fit through the scanner ( maybe a collapsible bag chair instead of lounge chair?). I also don’t see why you can’t check it with your big bags. Strap two chairs together with zip ties or duct tape and stick a label on them. I have often checked a case of wine, case of water, a bag Iof snorkel gear, and usually a 20 inch box fan...I don’t see much difference between that a couple chairs.

Some of the responses here are a little snarky..sorry to see that. I can’t see why it would be a problem. If you can get one that folds down small enough to fit through the scanner ( maybe a collapsible bag chair instead of lounge chair?). I also don’t see why you can’t check it with your big bags. Strap two chairs together with zip ties or duct tape and stick a label on them. I have often checked a case of wine, case of water, a bag Iof snorkel gear, and usually a 20 inch box fan...I don’t see much difference between that a couple chairs.

Box fan....hmmm...going through menopause...that might be a great idea of bring!!!