Celebrity move up program

armani123

54 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

Thank you for explaining!  No drop in price yet. May I ask how far away your sail date is that you saw that drop in price?   We still have a month. 

I sail in 3 weeks. 3/23. I think it just comes down to supply and demand for each cruise and each one is different. 

We finally can bid on a move up.

Currently if i just pay the asking price for a sky suite i can upgrade for $700-$800 per person. 

If i BID the minimum is $900 and that is considered weak. Why would i bid more than the current price?

30 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

Strange is right!  What are the current Edge prices to move up?

YMMV, but this is my set of offers on 3/10 edge.

I’m in E1 (IV) but had purchased a verandah guarantee. Below is minimum bid pp.

Concierge: $150

Aqua: $350

Sky: $1400

Celebrity: $1900

Royal: $2500

Edge Villa: $3500

The top 3 suites are not currently available to purchase, so I’m curious why they are offering moveup bids to be placed.

Not sure if prices are tied to your price paid or your cabin category.

47 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Currently if i just pay the asking price for a sky suite i can upgrade for $700-$800 per person. 

If i BID the minimum is $900 and that is considered weak. Why would i bid more than the current price?

On our Equinox cruise last June, I could upgrade on my own to a Royal Suite since there were some available for less than the minimum move up bid for a Royal Suite.  Crazy.  You just have to know your pricing.

2 hours ago, justcrusn said:

What is the ship and date of your cruise?

thanks

Edited by jagoffee

Minimum pricing for April 7 Edge cruise (from Sky Suite), per person:

Celebrity Suite $1000

Royal Suite $1500

Edge Villa $2500

Penthouse $4000

Iconic (I don't think any are available on this cruise) $5,000

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

Not sure if prices are tied to your price paid or your cabin category.

It looks like the price is based on your current cabin category, not what you paid. Celebrity wants to increase revenue, so they don't really care what you previously paid.  All they care about is getting the most for the move-up cabin now. 

50 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Can't see any reason to bid more than the cost of an upgrade.   Maybe not everyone looks at the prices to upgrade, and only the bid email. 

If you bid and win, you get to keep the perks you received.  I received all four perks on my upcoming cruises.  The low prices Celebrity is showing on many upcoming cruises do not include any perks.  To get all four perks with the lower rates, the extra cost is $800 per person on my cruise.  As such, you may not be comparing apples to apples.

Edited by cruiserchuck
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

If you bid and win, you get to keep the perks you received.  I received all four perks on my upcoming cruises.  The low prices Celebrity is showing on many upcoming cruises do not include any perks.  To get all four perks with the lower rates, the extra cost is $800 per person on my cruise.  As such, you are not comparing apples to apples.

Another thing to consider!  Thanks. This whole process might just be above my math skills and I may have to go with my gut feeling on what I think is fair. Watch...I won't get an email and all this anticipation will be for nothing 🙂

I asked my TA about this.  She works with a large well known firm which is a top seller for Celebrity.  She says, quote:

"We are not involved with the upgrade program, but I’ve had clients participate in it directly with the cruise line. It’s just too much to get a middle man involved with trying to bid for upgrades."  

My TA then supplied the same mentioned Celebrity link for me to check for upgrade bidding opportunities.  😉

I use a independent TA.  I have 3 cruises in the next month and have received Emails for all from X offering the Move UP.   The TA is not involved.   I can also male a bid to Move UP through the link on their site.  The TA is not involved and didn’t know that I received any.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, Sandy1975 said:

I think we are on the same sailing. The bid for Sky is also what it would had cost extra for me to get a suite instead of my A1 when I booked back in 2017. Just like you, I didn't think the extra cost per night was worth the extra amenities. 

We are on the same sailing as yourselves. Got the "upgrade" offer. We're in an A1 or 1A whatever.

But, I can't even see the benefit of paying $200 total to go to an IV.

5 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

We are on the same sailing as yourselves. Got the "upgrade" offer. We're in an A1 or 1A whatever.

But, I can't even see the benefit of paying $200 total to go to an IV.

For me moving from a 1A to IV it would be larger veranda window but I would be concerned about location. Unless the move to Sky comes down significally,  I am staying in my current cabin, 

5 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

For me moving from a 1A to IV it would be larger veranda window but I would be concerned about location. Unless the move to Sky comes down significally,  I am staying in my current cabin, 

That would be the ONLY improvement. The cabin, and "veranda" sizes are identical.

14 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

Agree 100% we've got "The" 9th floor starboard 1A cabin. I like a high floor. And, after reading peoples dislikes of the IV cabins, I'll stick with it. I prefer a high deck. And, we are barely in it, regardless. The square footage is identical for both the cabin, and the Veranda.

I’m reading this thread and learning a lot about the Move Up program. When you have a chance to bid, do you get to bid on a specific cabin, so you know the location? Or just a guarantee in the higher class?

side question. We’re on Edge later this year in an IV (E1). If we were to bid on AQ, do you lose all the MDR reservations we set up to rotate through the 4 Edge dining rooms? I’m pretty sure that Blu would be nice but my husband is really looking forward to experiencing all the different dining rooms. Already have everything all scheduled in the CP. 

2 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

I’m reading this thread and learning a lot about the Move Up program. When you have a chance to bid, do you get to bid on a specific cabin, so you know the location? Or just a guarantee in the higher class?

side question. We’re on Edge later this year in an IV (E1). If we were to bid on AQ, do you lose all the MDR reservations we set up to rotate through the 4 Edge dining rooms? I’m pretty sure that Blu would be nice but my husband is really looking forward to experiencing all the different dining rooms. Already have everything all scheduled in the CP. 

It is a "Guarantee". When you make a bid, you agree to that type of cabin, PERIOD. It may be an obstructed view, under a dining room with chairs being moved all night, etc...

You are ONLY guaranteed that cabin "Type" if accepted. And, it is "Non-Negotiable" after it is won.

7 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

It is a "Guarantee". When you make a bid, you agree to that type of cabin, PERIOD. It may be an obstructed view, under a dining room with chairs being moved all night, etc...

You are ONLY guaranteed that cabin "Type" if accepted. And, it is "Non-Negotiable" after it is won.

Thanks for explaining. I think we’ll pass on any Move Up offers then!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

Essentially you will be getting the worst rooms (the only ones remaining) in the category that you are bidding on then?

Possibly.  However, others have mentioned availability may be due to a last minute cancellation.  In that case, you would get the room that was cancelled, which might be in a good location.