Celebrity move up program

armani123

• 1 month later...

We bid for a celebrity suite, royal suite or penthouse   We bid so the meter was under the 1/2 mark  We are in an ss and happy   since our cruise is in about  2 1/2 weeks and all higher end cabins are booked, unless somebody gets sick doubt if they hold back the larger suites   I assume they will let me know before the actual sailing   I think odds are slim to none for popular peak time cruises

Edited by Cruise a holic

Even though Celebrity says that Edge is not included in the move up program, I just got a move up email today for the March 24th sailing. Minimum bids are very high IMO - $1000 per person to move from a sky suite to a celebrity suite. Do the minimum bids ever get lower as the sailing date gets closer?

I would love anyone's opinion on moving up from a C1 midship to a SkySuite.  Is it really worth $2600 total minimal bid?  If I understand what I would be gaining is:  Luminae, a standard balcony, and the retreat for suite guests.  Advice wanted!

1 hour ago, alishac said:

Even though Celebrity says that Edge is not included in the move up program, I just got a move up email today for the March 24th sailing. Minimum bids are very high IMO - $1000 per person to move from a sky suite to a celebrity suite. Do the minimum bids ever get lower as the sailing date gets closer?

In our only experience with the Move Up program the minimum price did get reduced.

20 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

I would love anyone's opinion on moving up from a C1 midship to a SkySuite.  Is it really worth $2600 total minimal bid?  If I understand what I would be gaining is:  Luminae, a standard balcony, and the retreat for suite guests.  Advice wanted!

What ship and how long is the cruise?  The Sky Suite balcony is usually bigger than the "standard balcony", and the cabin itself is definitely bigger, although you could end up with an accessible cabin, and some people don't like that.  You might want to check out the list of suite benefits on the Celebrity website.  While you named the main benefits of this category of suite, others might be of value to you - like priority boarding, priority tender, upgraded toiletries, etc.  Only you can decide if it is worth it to you, but it seems at that price you could probably take another cruise. 

33 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does anyone know what a typical minimum Move-up bid is for a 9 night European cruise from an AQ to a Sky Suite?  

Is the bidding per person or total for a stateroom?

My Equinox bidding from Aqua to suites is per person. This is my email. 

F8EE9569-EEF2-4334-B757-5D0987A649DC.png

3 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

My Equinox bidding from Aqua to suites is per person. This is my email. 

F8EE9569-EEF2-4334-B757-5D0987A649DC.png

I am on your sailing also booked in Aqua....I just checked today and those minimum bids have now dropped to right around half the cost showing in your e-mail.

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I am on your sailing also booked in Aqua....I just checked today and those minimum bids have now dropped to right around half the cost showing in your e-mail.

WOW. You’re right!!!

this is the cost when I click on the link now.  I would do it if we weren’t traveling with friends also in Aqua. 

So move up minimum bids DO drop sometimes!!

5020372C-1AD7-48DF-BA08-2C58C41066BC.png

Just received a move up email for the Edge sailing in March.  

$1000 sky suite

$1500 celebrtiy suite

$2000 Royal

$2750 Edge Villa

all are pp, minimum offer and it is for a 7 day cruise.

the price for the Sky Suite to move up is about the extra it would have cost us for a Sky Suite when we booked the cruise and we would have received all the  perks, more SBC, and the extra points.   We didn’t think it was worth $300/day more at that time and certainly can’t justify it now without the additonal benefits that would have been included.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

22 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

WOW. You’re right!!!

this is the cost when I click on the link now.  I would do it if we weren’t traveling with friends also in Aqua. 

YUP.....the RS went from a minimum bid of $2200/pp down to $850/PP...and they are showing availability of 1 still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

Just received a move up email for the Edge sailing in March.  

$1000 sky suite

$1500 celebrtiy suite

$2000 Royal

$2750 Edge Villa

all are pp, minimum offer and it is for a 7 day cruise.

the price for the Sky Suite to move up is about the extra it would have cost us for a Sky Suite when we booked the cruise and we would have received all the  perks, more SBC, and the extra points.   We didn’t think it was worth $300/day more at that time and certainly can’t justify it now without the additonal benefits that would have been included.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Judging from our cruise in 3 1/2 weeks: If the suites don’t sell, keep an eye on it. There may be a big move up price drop. 

4 hours ago, MamaChach said:

You didn't indicate date of sailing, ship and length of cruise.   I would first look at what it would cost if you were to book it and compare what you paid.    

19 hours ago, mfs2k said:

WOW. You’re right!!!

What is the date of your cruise?

mfs2k and bajathree - Thank you for the email information.  I gather that y'all are on a Caribbean cruise?  How many nights?  

We were willing to pay $500 pp to go from AQ to SS, but not much higher.  We will wait and see.  Our cruise isn't until May, so not sure if we would even get an upgrade email.

5 minutes ago, ExRockyMountainGal said:

I received a Move Up offer yesterday, but I was told by my travel agent that you don't get any of the perks associated with the Suite category, i.e. no Retreat or Luminae.  Does that make sense to anyone?

Thanks,

Kathy

Back in July we did this and got all the perks!  Don’t know if something changed 

37 minutes ago, ExRockyMountainGal said:

I received a Move Up offer yesterday, but I was told by my travel agent that you don't get any of the perks associated with the Suite category, i.e. no Retreat or Luminae.  Does that make sense to anyone?

Thanks,

Kathy

You need a new travel agent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, ExRockyMountainGal said:

Thanks,

Kathy

When the TA said you dont get the perks, he/she means if they accept the move-up offer, you won't get the 4 included perks (beverage package, On Board Credit, tips, and internet) one gets when booking some of the suites. (You get to keep the perks you already had with your original booking. )

You will have access to Retreat/Michaels and Luminae, the Suite dining room.  Perhaps you misunderstood "perks."

Edited by mfs2k