Celebrity move up program

armani123

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just wanted to add some new information about the Move Up program.  After a couple of emails with different members of the Move up team I was told that bookings made through TA in Puerto Rico don't qualify for the Move Up program.   No idea why, we pay exactly the same that is shown on Celebrity's website, we are Elite  Captain Club members (almost Elite plus) and we receive Celebrity's promotional emails every day, which is a requirement to be elegible for the program. 😡

IMG_0135.JPG

On 3/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, caymancouple said:

We are booked through a TA and the offer came to our email.

Same here! We got the 'offer' on Friday, and I bid on it. Received an email stating that I will be notified about 2 days before sailing. Happy either way!!!

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you used a card that was later cancelled and your bid is accepted, what happens?

They charge the card before you are notified and assigned move up cabin.  I suspect when the card comes back declined they move on to the next person.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:30 AM, Diamond lover said:

Wow, we were Aqua last cruise (Mediterranean September 2018)  and Sky this cruise (on board Solstice now, Australia/New Zealand) .  SO worth that $$$, and more!!  Cannot believe the difference!  Michaels club Concierge Olga was worth that money alone!  And then the Extra cabin, space, the private functions, eating and drinking without having to present your card, no special request too much for Luminae and Michaels....will never go back from Suite!  Admittedly could not care less about the Butler, mind you.

really??  i'm hoping to win my bid but am so excited for a butler!  i love the idea of not having to show your card and just more room.  i agree.  i think $450 upgrade is GREAT

On 5/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, 4Mast said:

I have submitted a move up bid but have not had an acknowledgement from Celebrity.  Is there somewhere I can view my bid?

i received an email within 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Will they notify if the bid is unsuccessful?  We have 4 days to our cruise and have not heard anything yet.  We bid about 2 weeks ago.  Thanks.

If your bid is still pending the latest notification would be 48 hrs. before sailing.

• 1 month later...

Should your bid be successful (as ours was) I would suggest that you check the details of your booking carefully.  On boarding,

we found we had lost our perks (drinks packages and complimentary wi-fi) as well as our select dining bookings. It took the first 3 days to rectify the situation with little help from Guest Relations, who should have taken overall ownership for resolving the issue.  In future we'll stick with our original choice of stateroom! 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sarah the Sailor said:

Should your bid be successful (as ours was) I would suggest that you check the details of your booking carefully.  On boarding,

we found we had lost our perks (drinks packages and complimentary wi-fi) as well as our select dining bookings. It took the first 3 days to rectify the situation with little help from Guest Relations, who should have taken overall ownership for resolving the issue.  In future we'll stick with our original choice of stateroom! 

Just curious as to which room you had and what you were upgraded to? We are considering placing a bid to upgrade our inside to a balcony, however, not at the expense of losing the two perks we had when we booked (drink package, $300 OBC). 

In the FAQs, it says this:

Q.

What happens with the promotions I already have?

A.

You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

36 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Am on dec 26 infinity. Have inside cabin. Any idea how much move up bid would be from inside to balcony on a four day? Appreciated

You should check the stickied MoveUp thread, there are loads of previous offers, and whether the submitted price offer was accepted or not. You should be able to deduct an approximate offer price range from that.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:47 AM, janineallison said:

Just curious as to which room you had and what you were upgraded to? We are considering placing a bid to upgrade our inside to a balcony, however, not at the expense of losing the two perks we had when we booked (drink package, $300 OBC). 

In the FAQs, it says this:

Q.

What happens with the promotions I already have?

A.

You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

Hi, we upgraded from an Ocean View to a Balcony and were happy with our stateroom.  The hassle we had was due to the fact that our Seapass had no drinks package attached, we had WiFi access but needed to pay to use it and our dining reservations in select dining hd been overwritten and we were allocated fixed dining.  To resolve this took numerous visits to guests services, to the ilounge and to the restaurant (where we were advised to contact the maitre d which is no mean feat). Time consuming and stressful and not what you need for the first couple of days of your cruise.  We were even asked if we had proof that we had drinks packages and free Wi-fi which I felt was a bit of an insult - luckily  we had a copy of our final invoice!  Go for the moveup but just be aware of this potential pitfall!  Enjoy.

wow! what a mess! i don't trust anything,and always have everything in writing. would never consider move up, like to pick my cabin, but got a rock bottom group rate on 4 day infinity. Unfortunately gave me a category 12 inside cabin, all the way at front of ship where you really feel movement.  will have to see what the prices are like when offered.