Best time to book a cuise?

I'm going on my second RCC this August. When booking a cruise, is it cheaper to book while on a cruise or waiting for last minute deals?

The two cruises I have booked have been done a year or more in advance through AAA.

I'm going on my second RCC this August. When booking a cruise, is it cheaper to book while on a cruise or waiting for last minute deals?

The two cruises I have booked have been done a year or more in advance through AAA.

We always book when we are on the cruise. During the year we look for other cruises to possibly book.

There's no universal "best" time. Prices are the same booking onboard, though Royal does give extra on board credit when you book onboard.

best time..is..as early as possible when released...and as often as possible...are the best times...check weekly as the price can go down

Agree with this. I've always gotten the best price when booking when itineraries are just released. Most cruises only go up in price but it all depends on supply and demand. If a particular itinerary is not selling well, then prices may drop. Last minute deals are definitely possible but again, it really depends on supply and demand. My experience has been prices go up, not down, though I have gotten a couple of price adjustments. If you just happen to be on board when new itineraries are released, that would definitely be the best time to book.

best time..is..as early as possible when released...and as often as possible...are the best times...check weekly as the price can go down

Ditto, as soon s new schedules are released.

Agree. Also always get cabin you want. Get reductions threw out the year-year and half until sailing date. Always check mine every day... Last minute at times is cheaper, but no guarantees, only twice was mine cheaper after final payment..

We do the same, many times earliest is cheapest, but my next cruise price kept going down and I called rccl several times to get a new price.