Jackets for ice skating?

My family will be on Mariner of the Seas at the end of July. We haven't cruised in over ten years, so are really looking forward to all of the new things Royal has to offer! My boys would like to use the ice skating rink. Is it cold enough that we will need jackets? I've seen pictures people have posted on-line, and some are wearing jackets and some are not. Mind you, we're from Miami, so we get cold easily :)

we've never had the need …. when folks go to watch the show jackets are not needed.

at MOST I'd think a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt - which take up less space in the suitcase

but IME you aren't out there long enuf to get really cold - unless you plan to spend most of your time on your butt!

My grandkids love to skate. Having said that - note we are from Wisconsin and used to skating, playing hockey, and it's cold here! They really work up a sweat.

If you are not used to skating, or don't know how to skate, and live in a warmer climate, I would wear a tshirt with a sweatshirt or light jacket on top. Long pants and full socks (not low cuts) are required. I would also suggest a pair of those stretchy, cheap gloves; useful for getting up, pushing off ice if you fall, and just generally keeping hands warm.

To watch the show you should be comfortable in long pants and long sleeved shirt. You are not actually on the ice, obviously, therefore not as cold.

My family will be on Mariner of the Seas at the end of July. We haven't cruised in over ten years, so are really looking forward to all of the new things Royal has to offer! My boys would like to use the ice skating rink. Is it cold enough that we will need jackets? I've seen pictures people have posted on-line, and some are wearing jackets and some are not. Mind you, we're from Miami, so we get cold easily :)

It can get a bit chilly, however, if you feel the cold a sweatshirt will suffice.