Odd question regarding elite perks.

tutuwahineLV

Just curious really, as it doesn't make a difference in the long run, or in the big picture. But here goes, .....

On our last cruise, a lovely week on the POA, we were one Platinum and one Platinum+. We received the priority boarding as described in the Latitudes program, and were taken to Cagney's, where we enjoyed a lovely relaxing lunch.(which is not described in the Latitudes f.a.q) We were later advised that we also had the breakfast/lunch privilege for the entire cruise, which was not expected, as we were only in a balcony cabin. Previously we've had access to Cagney's when we're in a Suite or Penthouse. While we did not expect this privilege, we were happy to use that option during the week.

So my question is this: (and thanks for sticking with my during this long winded explanation)

Is this offered fleet-wide? to Platinum+ members, or is it a ship to ship, concierge's discretion sort of thing?? I'm curious to know if we can expect the breakfast option on our upcoming Jade TA adventure in September/October?

It won't make or break our vacation, but I'd like to know what to expect... lol.

TIA for your expertise and input

Tutu

We are both Platinum Plus and haven't been offered those VIP privileges of special dining except for our Haven cruise. We have cruised mainly on the larger ships in the last two years and we get the impression there are many Plat Plus on board.

Is this offered fleet-wide? to Platinum+ members, or is it a ship to ship, concierge's discretion sort of thing?? I'm curious to know if we can expect the breakfast option on our upcoming Jade TA adventure in September/October?

It won't make or break our vacation, but I'd like to know what to expect... lol.

Tutu

Nope. We are Platinum Plus and have never been invited to eat in the Suites restaurant. This was done at the discretion of the Concierge. Hope you tipped them generously.

We were on the Jade last October and are both Platinum Plus (more than 1/2 way to Ambassador) and were not given VIP status nor invited to dine in the suite restaurants for breakfast and lunch. We have been Plat+ since it came to be. But you never know!

Thanks for the input, y'all. We were surprised to be offered the VIP status, so just took it as a blessing. Like I indicated earlier, it doesn't make or break the trip, after all, we're still on a ship and being taken care of.

Who knows, we may be blessed in Europe too......

We are both Platinum Plus and haven't been offered those VIP privileges of special dining except for our Haven cruise. We have cruised mainly on the larger ships in the last two years and we get the impression there are many Plat Plus on board.

us either. We have gotten it when I have headed up the M&G but never any other time. It has nothing to do with platinum. The OP must have gotten the VIP for some other reason. :cool: We love to get the treatment, but we also love the experience of eating other places on the ship, we save on tips when we don't get VIP treatment and we can live either way. This isn't saying it isn't a fun thing to get.

I'm almost Ambassador and sail NCL at least every month. Count on this being a one time- "gift". I've never been offered it. I'm on the POA this Saturday, and still don't expect anything. :) But, I got my only comp upgrade to a balcony on NCL (60+ cruises) on this ship, but it was 10+ years ago. :)