Port Day on Last Day - Yeah or Neah?

Thanks for your thoughts, all. Even though we’re new cruisers, I already feel like the ship is my destination and think that I would enjoy a sea day for our last day.

Am considering changing our ship and itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time I did a 4 day on Majesty, they had a bbq lunch on the pool deck and it was great, I hope they do that this time on Enchantment, same itinerary, same embarkation port.

I think I'd prefer the last day be a port day. Once we've visited all of the ports, the best part of the cruise is over, to me.

I have the same feeling. A port day on the last day makes the cruise feel longer.

We've done 3 cruises now that were round trip Seattle, so they had a stop in Victoria B.C. on the last day. For the 2 Alaska cruises it was ~ 6pm-midnight, which is way weird, as you pretty much have to pack before going to port.

I too am in the prefer a sea day for the last day crowd. I also prefer a sea day on the first day (after embarkation). The later seems to be quite common.

Sea day is best for me. I hate packing so I go to breakfast and then come back to pack - then I have the rest of the day to relax and have fun.

Exactly what I do...get the distasteful stuff done first ;then you can relax and enjoy the last day. :D

Regardless of whether the last day is a port day or a sea day, my wife and I stay on the ship on the last day. We spend the time relaxing, packing and visiting any on-board venues that we did not get to yet. Since the Windjammer for lunch and all of those places are much less crowded if the ship is in port, we prefer that it be a port day even though we do not visit that port.

Beth, for us, since we will visit Coco Cay on the following cruise, as well, we will probably get off and do something but not make it a full day. We will be there from 10 AM until 7 PM. Since we will have a cruise day the day before, we may do most of our packing on that day. I plan also on bringing a carry on so only 1 suitcase to pack.

Gay

I like port days over sea days. However, I prefer to have one sea day to start and one to end. A first day sea day allows us to get familiar with the ship. Our last cruise we stop in Nassau our first day and it felt weird. Like I was t yet used to my home for the week.

We also had two straight sea days coming back...that was too many. Like others when we sail away from the last port it feels like the cruise is pretty much over...even when we had 2 full days left!

I prefer a sea day, second choice would be a private island. I like to relax on the last day while giving us time to pack.

We have a system on the last day. Get up at our leisue and do whatever. Then around mid afternoon I return to the cabin and pack my luggage. Then we tag team and my wife comes back to the cabin and does her packing while getting ready for dinner. I make my way to a lounge, enjoy some pre dinner drinks and then we meet up for dinner. This way we are not in each others way as we manuever various pieces of luggage and put clothes in them.

In regards to wet bathing suits on the last day. For me, if I use the pool etc on the last day, I normally can let them drip dry while I am wearing them on the last day before packing. However I always pack a bunch of kitchen garbage bags. During the cruise I will put dirty "normal" clothes in the bags. Inevetibably I have a few things I haven't worn, so I nicely pack them them and then throw the bags on top. I then put my bathing suit in another bag and also toss it in the luggage.

Did Nassau as a port stop on the last day on NCL Escape two years ago. It would have to be a great price or itinerary for me to do it again on a Caribbean sailing - too much sun and booze, I need that last sea day :-)