Oasis not transatlantic back to USA in 2019?

Converting the now Diamond Lounge into Wonderland isn´t much of a thing. This can be done in two weeks.

steamboats

I’m not so sure about that.

They started to do that during Oasis’s first drydock but never completed the project. That to me would suggest that there was some kind of mechanical issue for the kitchen that they could not overcome. Totally understandable for Oasis however Allure had her drydock the next year and they never added it to her. It seems to me that if it were an easy fix they would have been able to find a solution to the problem in the year that they had between the drydocks.

I’m not so sure about that.

They started to do that during Oasis’s first drydock but never completed the project. That to me would suggest that there was some kind of mechanical issue for the kitchen that they could not overcome. Totally understandable for Oasis however Allure had her drydock the next year and they never added it to her. It seems to me that if it were an easy fix they would have been able to find a solution to the problem in the year that they had between the drydocks.

I thought I read the deck 12 galley was removed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ken, if so they only removed the galley on deck 12 which was a small one anyway as it only was used for the Chef´s Table. But the rest has been unchanged.

Wonderland has the entrance on deck 12 on Harmony/Symphony. The DC has the entrance still on deck 11. But that´s not a big thing.

Wonderland has the galley on deck 11. But I can´t think of any technical or mechanical issue that they can´t put in a galley on deck 11.

During the TA the DC/former Concierge Lounge was not accessible. The sign still said Wonderland coming soon. But the room itself was used for some kind of storage (stuff they needed to get out of the way for other ongoing construction work). But no work in that area at all.

steamboats

Ken, if so they only removed the galley on deck 12 which was a small one anyway as it only was used for the Chef´s Table. ...

I thought that was the Room Service galley too.

Ken, if so they only removed the galley on deck 12 which was a small one anyway as it only was used for the Chef´s Table. But the rest has been unchanged.

Wonderland has the entrance on deck 12 on Harmony/Symphony. The DC has the entrance still on deck 11. But that´s not a big thing.

Wonderland has the galley on deck 11. But I can´t think of any technical or mechanical issue that they can´t put in a galley on deck 11.

During the TA the DC/former Concierge Lounge was not accessible. The sign still said Wonderland coming soon. But the room itself was used for some kind of storage (stuff they needed to get out of the way for other ongoing construction work). But no work in that area at all.

steamboats

I was merely guessing at it being some sort of mechanical / design limitation as that was the only thing that I could think of that would put a stop to the construction on Wonderland.

The point still remains that they did not add Wonderland to Allure despite having a year to address whatever issue they uncovered on Oasis so it must have been a significant issue.

You can’t really compare Oasis to Harmony as she was still in the building stage and was designed right from the beginning with Wonderland in that space.

I'm going on the oasis this summer be one of the last people on the ship before they completely change the ship. Already had a couple changes opus dining room now silk, grande and american icon grill. seafood shack was changed to sabor.

I'm going on the oasis this summer be one of the last people on the ship before they completely change the ship. Already had a couple changes opus dining room now silk, grande and american icon grill. seafood shack was changed to sabor.

Those were changed 4 years ago. The Oasis doesn't head off to drydock until next fall. :confused:

You can’t really compare Oasis to Harmony as she was still in the building stage and was designed right from the beginning with Wonderland in that space.

Ken,

The funny thing is that they had no plans from Oasis/Allure to build Harmony. They took measurements onboard (which were not really exact at all).

But anyway it´s no big structural thing to change the space on decks 11/12. I can´t think of any bigger problems. When they can tear down the DC (on deck 6) and replace it with inside cabins... it shouldn´t be much of a problem to build in a larger galley on deck 11 and open up the wall on deck 12 to the staircases/elevators for an entrance.

steamboats

There is for sure no revenue TA on Oasis in fall 2019....they also extended the drydock and canceled the first scheduled sailing! (y) :halo:

Nothing is "for sure" with RCI! And we already discussed that they´ve cancelled the Nov 10th sailing and the first one will be Nov 24th now.

They added sailings for the Harmony and Symphony prior to the so called inaugural cruises. They added sailings for the Celebrity Edge (and later cancelled them). So definitley nothing is for sure.

steamboats