chocolate buffet

traveline

Get there when it starts or everybody else will pick it clean. It's one of those things that I usually forget about until it's almost over. Probably best anyway....sure don't need to add to the sugar and calorie count!

Just got off the Horizon yesterday and in Lido they had a wonderful chocolate cake set up - they had 7 or 8 different chocolate cakes, and the ones we tried (German Chocolate, Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Coffee) we’re moist and delicious! :D

Just got off the Horizon yesterday and in Lido they had a wonderful chocolate cake set up - they had 7 or 8 different chocolate cakes, and the ones we tried (German Chocolate, Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Coffee) we’re moist and delicious! :D

Were these the cakes Carnival serves each day on the lido dessert buffet or specifically part of the chocolate extravaganza buffet?

Thanks

There's a reason it's labeled "choco", most of it is not good quality and not worth the calories. I consider myself a chocoholic but like others, I want better quality and I generally don't eat Hershey's, I prefer higher quality, at least Lindt :)

Were these the cakes Carnival serves each day on the lido dessert buffet or specifically part of the chocolate extravaganza buffet?

Thanks

Thinking it was probably just the cakes on the Lido buffet - we only noticed it on our last sea day. But they were delicious!!

We sailed on the Dream a few weeks ago, the chocolate buffet was not worth the time. I would go to tea time for some good treats.

I agree with this, I've tried the chocolate buffet twice now, and neither time was it worth dealing with the crowd, the afternoon tea is really good, never has been crowded.

Thinking it was probably just the cakes on the Lido buffet - we only noticed it on our last sea day. But they were delicious!!

I saw the video J.H. took on Horizon of the new cakes and they look much better than anything put out for the chocolate buffet. Thanks for the clarification.

They have a source for cakes that look beautiful, but have no taste.

It really is a waste...

Agreed. It’s facade food. All show and nothing inside. It’s a mystery to me how food that looks that good can have no taste!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The “Chocolate Extravaganza” is typically only on cruises that are 7 days or longer. It’s only during lunch on the last sea day in the Lido.

We just sailed the Horizon on a 4-day and they had it in the Lido at lunch on the last sea day. Maybe they do more on a 7-day? All I noticed was a chocolate fountain and all the cakes in the Sweets area were chocolate themed.

I tried the chocolate layer cake which was decent and the chocolate mousse cake which was gross.