Regal Princess have corn hole / bean bag toss boards for passenger use?

dandeck

Just when you think you've seen it all:

A registered non-profit group dedicated to the advancement of cornhole.

I can top that: the tv I could see while exercising at the gym was set to ESPN, featuring the national Cornhole doubles championship, sponsored by Johnsonville sausage. If I'd had my phone with me, I would have taken a picture of the screen. It is officially a thing!:D

Hello!

Can anyone tell me if Regal Princess has corn hole / bean bag toss boards for passenger use? Wife and I looking at a couple of weeks duration, but really enjoy playing aboard. We only sail on ships with them.

Thanks!!

Dan

No.

Enjoy your cruise.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! ( I hope this was a joke).

I can see not taking a particular cruise because there is no rock climbing, or flow-rider, but a bean-bag toss?? Give me a break! "Hey honey, I'm checking out the cruises for next year, found one that has a bean-bag toss, let's go!"

You took the words out of my mouth. If this is not a joke?? Maybe we can play for some extra Butter at dinner. :o . I can only think of one thing better a bottle of that Great Princess Champagne :bottle-pop: the boy make fresh every Tuesday in the boiler room. :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Your definition is much more family friendly than what I learned growing up.

How true, one needs only to listen to 70's rocker Frank Zappa sing the song "Broken Hearts are for ..." on the Sheik Yerbouti

album.

The lyrics define "Corn Hole" in a less dignified manner. :evilsmile:

Edited by The Wood Duck
Correct song title ref.

Hello!

Can anyone tell me if Regal Princess has corn hole / bean bag toss boards for passenger use? Wife and I looking at a couple of weeks duration, but really enjoy playing aboard. We only sail on ships with them.

Thanks!!

Dan

Corn hole? Brings back a memory of a very naughty thing I first heard about in childhood and haven't heard since.

Most people would know it as a bean bag toss rather than corn hole. Something akin to horseshoes but with bean bags and a hole rather than horseshoes and a stick. ;)

They have one on the Regal, but it is kept locked away and only brought out when the cruise directors staff is playing a game.

I can't imagine them leaving it out for anyone to use. I'm sure in no time the bean bags would sprout legs! :D

Best you book your next cruise with MSC Dan, if that is a must have for you.

Most people would know it as a bean bag toss rather than corn hole. Something akin to horseshoes but with bean bags and a hole rather than horseshoes and a stick. ;)

They have one on the Regal, but it is kept locked away and only brought out when the cruise directors staff is playing a game.

I can't imagine them leaving it out for anyone to use. I'm sure in no time the bean bags would sprout legs! :D

Best you book your next cruise with MSC Dan, if that is a must have for you.

us professional corn holers bring our own USCA regulated bags

wait, what???;p

Thanks again to all with pertinent responses!! I see there are several who are clueless about the immense and growing popularity of the game. Why respond?! Weird. Had to laugh at the ones with literally thousands of responses and posts on these boards that weren't even close to answering the simple question?!! REALLY weird. Probably need to get out more. No wonder not familiar with the game. LOL To those who actually responded to the question, appreciated!! BTW, to those who are not familiar, it is great exercise as well. Lots of walking!! Great for keeping in shape.

Happy cruising to all!!

play doubles...beer in left hand...bags in right hand

bend down after partner throws to your board, pick up bags

throw toward other end...:rolleyes:

that being stated - I have throw 4 in a row during a single turn..spit on the board

and did a walkoff in the middle of the game...:cool:

Thanks again to all with pertinent responses!! I see there are several who are clueless about the immense and growing popularity of the game. Why respond?! Weird. Had to laugh at the ones with literally thousands of responses and posts on these boards that weren't even close to answering the simple question?!! REALLY weird. Probably need to get out more. No wonder not familiar with the game. LOL To those who actually responded to the question, appreciated!! BTW, to those who are not familiar, it is great exercise as well. Lots of walking!! Great for keeping in shape.

Happy cruising to all!!

Hope you can find and enjoy your corn hole on next cruise. Sounds like fun.

Please report back here if you find corn holing on your ship. And if it is not offered on board, maybe you can suggest it on the Princess survey?

Enjoy the cruise, and your quest for corn hole.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

For cornhole fans:

American Cornhole League

ESPN2 - Wed, 7/04, 1:00 PM EDT 2 hrs

"ACL Pro Invitational from MCU Park in Coney Island, N.Y."

The top 16 cornhole players from across the United States compete in the invitational event, as eight random teams of two have their sights set on the $20,000 cash prize in a single elimination, 10-round tournament to determine the champion.

Thanks again to all with pertinent responses!! I see there are several who are clueless about the immense and growing popularity of the game. Why respond?! Weird. Had to laugh at the ones with literally thousands of responses and posts on these boards that weren't even close to answering the simple question?!! REALLY weird. Probably need to get out more.

Does one have to be arrogant to play?

What I think is funny is that some new kids on the block took an old term, and

corrupted it as a name for their game.

Who ever did it was probably familiar with the original meaning, and laughs hysterically

every time it is used in this context.

If one is not easily offended, google the term in an urban dictionary...

Does one have to be arrogant to play?

What I think is funny is that some new kids on the block took an old term, and

corrupted it as a name for their game.

Who ever did it was probably familiar with the original meaning, and laughs hysterically

Like I said, thousands of responses and clueless about the question?! Very weird.

Like I said, thousands of responses and clueless about the question?! Very weird.

Yours is the 41st response to this thread.

Or, technically, the 40th, as the original post is not a reply.

Where are the other 1959+ posts?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a giggle out of this thread, too.

I won't even quote the title, lest my account be disabled.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546580

• 4 years later...
On 6/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, Pickels said:

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! ( I hope this was a joke).

I can see not taking a particular cruise because there is no rock climbing, or flow-rider, but a bean-bag toss?? Give me a break! "Hey honey, I'm checking out the cruises for next year, found one that has a bean-bag toss, let's go!"

Your comment didn't age well.  Almost every ship in every line has now.  Not to mention ESPN has a long term contract with the ACL (American Cornhole League for those who don't get out much! LOL)  Several lines even cater to leagues now with cruises organized around tournaments on board.  Bottom line is NO, I wasn't kidding.  Fastest growing sport in the US with a strong movement to make an Olympic sport.  Not sure about your "flowrider"??! LOL 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:32 AM, Lucky TGO said:

You took the words out of my mouth. If this is not a joke?? Maybe we can play for some extra Butter at dinner. 😮 . I can only think of one thing better a bottle of that Great Princess Champagne :bottle-pop: the boy make fresh every Tuesday in the boiler room. 😄

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Your comment didn't age well.  Almost every ship in every line has now.  Not to mention ESPN has a long term contract with the ACL (American Cornhole League for those who don't get out much! LOL)  Several lines even cater to leagues now with cruises organized around tournaments on board.  Bottom line is NO, I wasn't kidding.  Fastest growing sport in the US with a strong movement to make an Olympic sport.  I assume you are still playing for butter. LOL  BTW, never do your own stock picking.  You obviously can't see a winner. (-: