Royal Upsell Upgrade!

I am so excited! I’ve been reading here all about the upsells that Royal is now doing. Today I got a call from Royal asking if I wanted to upgrade my current room on the Adventure. I was booked in a Jr Suite with 4 people, 2 adults, 2 kids. I was offered a Grand Suite but not just any one, an aft facing, 2 bedroom Grand Suite! I was nervous about the price and the woman said all for only $500. I said yes because to me this was a great price to get 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms for the 4 of us! I’ve looked at the video online and the room looks amazing. I’m not telling my travel companions and can’t wait to see their faces when we board in August.

I’ve never been in a Suite of any kind so what kind of perks do we have to look forward to? Thanks in advance!

Congrats!!!!! You will have access to the suite lounge or concierge lounge not sure which one the AD has. There will be a nightly cocktail hour between either 4:30 or 5pm til 8 or 8:30 pm

Edited by molly361

I am so excited! I’ve been reading here all about the upsells that Royal is now doing. Today I got a call from Royal asking if I wanted to upgrade my current room on the Adventure. I was booked in a Jr Suite with 4 people, 2 adults, 2 kids. I was offered a Grand Suite but not just any one, an aft facing, 2 bedroom Grand Suite! I was nervous about the price and the woman said all for only $500. I said yes because to me this was a great price to get 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms for the 4 of us! I’ve looked at the video online and the room looks amazing. I’m not telling my travel companions and can’t wait to see their faces when we board in August.

I’ve never been in a Suite of any kind so what kind of perks do we have to look forward to? Thanks in advance!

When are you sailing?

Thanks everyone. The lounge will be great. We got the non alcohol package because we aren’t big drinkers so the suite lounge will be put to use. It’s goung to be so hard to keep my mouth shut between now and August!

The Suite Lounge is also nice other times of the day for a coffee (fancy coffee maker for espresso or latte drinks, if you're into that) or just for a quiet place to relax. You may also have access to sit down breakfast in one of the specialty dining areas. My only suite experience was on Serenade so I'm not sure about Adventure.

You will get an e-mail introducing your Genie or Concierge (not sure which one you will have). We did an upsell and were notified by e-mail of our perks. Stay tuned for your e-mail. Congrats!

You will get an e-mail introducing your Genie or Concierge (not sure which one you will have). We did an upsell and were notified by e-mail of our perks. Stay tuned for your e-mail. Congrats!

Genies are only for Star class suites on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Curious: Does Royal only offer upgrades to those who book straight through them or does it matter? ...

It was a while back, but we've had upgrades when booked with a travel agent.