Passport Card!?

In December my fiancé and I are going on a cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel and Yucatan. I was wondering if a Passport Card would suffice instead of a traditional Passport book?

Not the same.....a passport card will do no more for you than a certified birth certificate and drivers’s license.

if you are doing a cruise that starts and ends in NO

you don't need passports - card or book

birth certificate (original or certified with raised stamp) is all you need . .

ASSUMING you/they are US citizen …...

if you are doing a cruise that starts and ends in NO

you don't need passports - card or book

birth certificate (original or certified with raised stamp) is all you need . .

ASSUMING you/they are US citizen …...

This is correct for this itinerary - however it may be helpful if we knew the cruise line as different cruise lines have their own different requirements. Some require a passport when others don't.

And in addition to the described birth certificate, they will need a valid picture ID. Typically it is a Passport -or- a birth certificate and a valid picture ID. But a valid picture ID is required as well if a birth certificate is being used instead of a Passport. :)

OP - it might be best to contact your cruise line or travel agent, if you used one, to confirm their requirements.

This is correct for this itinerary - however it may be helpful if we knew the cruise line as different cruise lines have their own different requirements. Some require a passport when others don't.

And in addition to the described birth certificate, they will need a valid picture ID. Typically it is a Passport -or- a birth certificate and a valid picture ID. But a valid picture ID is required as well if a birth certificate is being used instead of a Passport. :)

OP - it might be best to contact your cruise line or travel agent, if you used one, to confirm.

I’m from New Orleans and have a valid Louisiana ID,but it’s not Real ID certified. Do you think this would pose an issue. It’s a carnival cruise also.

I’m from New Orleans and have a valid Louisiana ID,but it’s not Real ID certified. Do you think this would pose an issue. It’s a carnival cruise also.

As long as its recognized as a valid picture ID it should be fine. The use is not for security purposes, but to confirm your ID along with the BC. Again, to be sure, call Carnival.

Hi,

Always best to have a Passport. If you need to fly back to the US for any reason you will not be able to without a Passport. Also, ID must be government issue. Either Driver's license or ID card. When you get off in ports of call you need to take your sail and sign card and your government issued ID. No need to take Passport off ship in port.

In December my fiancé and I are going on a cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel and Yucatan. I was wondering if a Passport Card would suffice instead of a traditional Passport book?

Yes it will be fine for that cruise, though it cannot be used for international air travel.

If you're going to use birth certificate and drivers license, you do not have to take your original nor does it have to be certified or have a raised seal on it. A photocopy is perfectly acceptable. It just has to be of the actual birth certificate, not the novelty paper the hospital gives. (I know most adults know what a birth certificate is but there are some that think the paper the hospital gives them is in fact a birth certificate).