Curtis Stone restaurant replace Sabitinis?

Little Rascal

Our Pacific Coastal cruise on Ruby coming up in September will be the last cruise before a drydock period for Ruby. Share will be closed for the cruise. Speculation is that it is being turned back into Sabatini's.

Post #15

Interesting, is the speculation based on conversation with folks at Princess knowledgeable regarding the topic or Cruise Critic banter (I'm not trying to be snarky in any way)?

What is that tiny lobster tail swimming in? Doesn't look appetizing to me.

That was the Butter Poached Lobster Tail with roasted potatoes and crispy pancetta in a white onion Soubise sauce.

It was back when there was 6 courses and it was an appetizer type.

I can tell you that it was absolutely tremendous! Very flavorful!

What is that tiny lobster tail swimming in? Doesn't look appetizing to me.
That is actually soubise, an onion sauce and quite good. The point is that you have six courses including a starter, salad, pasta, seafood, meat and dessert. If serving size for each course were larger you might not have room for the delicious dark chocolate cremeux dessert. If you just want a lobster dinner then SHARE is not for you. If you want one of the best meals on the Ruby then try SHARE.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I cruised aboard the Emerald Princess in May 2018 and had dinner in both Share and the Crown Grill. I enjoyed both meals, but my dinner in Share was outstanding. This is a very attractive modern dining space and the food and service were excellent. Share was nearly full the night that I dined there. Please be advised that many courses are served and dinner may take longer than usual.

Chuck

It's just that the typical Princess cruiser isn't a foodie.

This is my observation as well, what with all of the unusual, often petty complaints about food that we see on these boards. It just always seems like it comes from people that are rather picky, and thus don't just love food enough to enjoy what's placed infront of them.

This is my observation as well, what with all of the unusual, often petty complaints about food that we see on these boards. It just always seems like it comes from people that are rather picky, and thus don't just love food enough to enjoy what's placed infront of them.

I'll agree that the complaints about food on these boards are often unusual and sometimes petty.

But, I think people who love food don't always

1) "just eat what's placed in front of them" and

2) "enjoy it" - just because the restaurant has some famous chef's name on it.

We never went to Share. The menu isn't appealing at all. It looked deserted every time we walked by. The comments I heard were that it wasn't all that impressive. We enjoyed the Crown Grill except that the lobsters were not impressive. Very small and didn't seem fresh for some reason. The other items were all very good. The service was excellent. We'll stay with the Crown Grill.

I would be very happy if they eliminate Share and bring back Sabatini's!!

Tai

You will never hear me complain about food, because yes, I am so picky, that I don't try anything I don't know. I do not love food. I just eat because it's expected of me.

We went to Share a couple of years ago and we liked it but since we ordered all different things on the menu we felt like we covered it. It was good but we weren't in a hurry to return. Last year we tried it again with my sister who wanted to give it a try and we loved it. We still talk about certain dishes. I was surprised that we liked it so much more the second time. I only post this to let those of you that have tried it once but don't desire to return to give it one more chance.

Now this might be blasphemy but I am not a Sabitini's fan and would be sad to see it replacing Share.

No problem with the food BUT the atmosphere left lots to be desired.

Sort of felt as if we were having dinner in a public library. :rolleyes:

LOL...I knew it reminded me of something , especially if it is after sunset as you see reflections of the restaurant in the window........atmosphere or privacy at all

Sab's needs it's old menu if it were to come back....

Share is much better IMHO...I have tried it 3 times, 1 old menu, twice new....

CG..actually was pretty good with Alaska additions last month...on Ruby....

Unfortunately...no lobster was descent on that cruise at all the venues.

Yes, I can be somewhat picky! If the menu doesn't interest me I don't go, whether reviews are good or not. Share just does not interest me. The Crown Grill overall is excellent and I enjoyed everything I had except the lobster. The Crown Grill has a menu of interest to me. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and that doesn't mean that either restaurant is good or bad. I can't imagine the cruise line being able to please 2800-3500 people all the time. There are lots of different people to try to please regarding "everything" and I think they do a rather good job doing that. Enjoy your cruises and where ever you enjoy eating!

Tai :)

Our Pacific Coastal cruise on Ruby coming up in September will be the last cruise before a drydock period for Ruby. Share will be closed for the cruise. Speculation is that it is being turned back into Sabatini's.

We made our first visit to SHARE about a year and a half ago. We visited the very last week that the old menu was offered. We enjoyed it, a lot, and made three visits on a 7-day cruise. Visiting that often we bantered quite a bit with the staff. We were told that Curtis Stone and Princess had a 5-year contract. Princess can certainly convert SHARE to Sabatini's this fall--when year 3 of that contract will be finishing up--but my guess is that they would have to pay off Curtis Stone for the last two years. Could they do so? Absolutely. Will they?

Now, of course, how reliable were my sources? I honestly don't know. Are they any more or any less reliable than unidentified "speculation?"

What the heck? Maybe I'll start my own speculation. SHARE is going to be replaced by a Vegan restaurant. That would get me to Crown Grill every night.

;p

Oh, and to the OP, my recommendation to you is to go to both the Crown Grill and to SHARE. Cruises are supposed to be decadent..

Interesting how different experiences could be- we went to Share on the Ruby and we were really looking forward to it- some of the reviews have been great. We are pretty adventurous and really not picky (except for fish needing to be cooked properly, not a fan of overcooked fish- luckily Princess usually does a pretty good job with fish). We went and there were only a few other people there the whole evening. Everything was very pretty, but most of it was just okay. My husband had to send back a shrimp dish as it was inedible (first time we've ever had to send back a dish on Princess) The best thing we had was the Cavatelli which I would happily have had a huge bowl of for an entrée (minus the tough gnocchi in it- but the rest of it was really amazing). Other customers were very vocal about being disappointed in the restaurant as well so it might have been an off night.

Now I will say the one time we tried Crown Grill (on the Grand) we thought it was just an okay steak house along the lines of Black Angus or other large chain- although I did love the smoked salt. Sabatinis on the Grand however was outstanding but at least part of that was that on the Grand it is run by Franco and his staff and they are amazing! If you really want something great though the Chef's table is a must try at least once.

FWIW, neither my wife or I think the Share menu is appealing. We used to like CG but, it seems, they've changed the appetizer courses. I don't eat seafood nor am I crazy about onion soup. Neither of us will eat raw beef. So, no appetizer courses for me. We actually cancelled our CG reservation the last time because of this.

FWIW, neither my wife or I think the Share menu is appealing. We used to like CG but, it seems, they've changed the appetizer courses. I don't eat seafood nor am I crazy about onion soup. Neither of us will eat raw beef. So, no appetizer courses for me. We actually cancelled our CG reservation the last time because of this.

My wife is also not particularly crazy about the Crown Grill "Starters." So, she orders the Garlic Fries (one of the sides for the entrees) as her appetizer. This is quite cool for me, because I get to nosh on them, also.

The Crown Grill menu change that really disappointed me was when they took the Fruit Cobbler off the dessert menu, :mad: