Coffee on Princess Ships

American coffee and milk is disgusting. Combine the two and its even worse! Most cruise ships use the long life milk and it is awful. Makes cocktails seem worthwhile.

Steve.

I have long life lactose free milk in all my coffees and it is far superior to normal long life milk or normal milk, because it has a slight sweetness and tastes less fatty.

Bother. I was afraid of that. :confused: Looks like I’ll need to pack my own solution.

Makes the purchase of a beverage package less attractive if I have to pack my own beans.

I won't be packing beans and a grinder and a coffee maker. I'm flying from San Francisco to Sydney, the instant packets of Starbucks Colombian is 100 times better than coffee onboard. I'm strapped for luggage space.:halo:

A lot of people take the Nestle Cuppacino type sachets but I find them worse than the coffee onboard. I’d prefer to drink tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have D'Vita in Australia or New Zealand? It's a powdered Cappuccino that's really good. I also bring 4-6 quart size bags to put in our coffee. Or, you can just add it to hot water and make a Cappuccino drink (hot or cold). Princess charges $3.50 for a small cup of horrid Cappuccino. Here's their website:

https://www.caffedvita.com/

If something is good to drink on board, I will pay the price. But when it's horrid, I feel like I've been ripped off - and I have! You learn to do it yourself and be happy.

Not sure, thought it was already a standard drink.:D

The Nutty Irishman liqueur coffee is a standard drink but a whiskey, Frangelico and Tia Maria or Kahlua blend might be new.

BTW there is a Baileys, Frangelico and Tia Maria shooter called a Copper Mine.

I won't be packing beans and a grinder and a coffee maker. I'm flying from San Francisco to Sydney, the instant packets of Starbucks Colombian is 100 times better than coffee onboard. I'm strapped for luggage space.:halo:

Starbucks doesn’t have much of a footprint here in Australia. The brand is limited to our capital cities, often in tourist precincts. We certainly don’t have one in my city so picking up sachets from there could end up being a chore.

I’ll find a solution one way or another. :confused:

Do you have D'Vita in Australia or New Zealand? It's a powdered Cappuccino that's really good. I also bring 4-6 quart size bags to put in our coffee. Or, you can just add it to hot water and make a Cappuccino drink (hot or cold). Princess charges $3.50 for a small cup of horrid Cappuccino. Here's their website:

https://www.caffedvita.com/

If something is good to drink on board, I will pay the price. But when it's horrid, I feel like I've been ripped off - and I have! You learn to do it yourself and be happy.

I don’t believe that D’vita is established here either.

The Nutty Irishman liqueur coffee is a standard drink but a whiskey, Frangelico and Tia Maria or Kahlua blend might be new.

BTW there is a Baileys, Frangelico and Tia Maria shooter called a Copper Mine.

I like the Aspen on X ships,:D

Starbucks doesn’t have much of a footprint here in Australia. The brand is limited to our capital cities, often in tourist precincts. We certainly don’t have one in my city so picking up sachets from there could end up being a chore.

I’ll find a solution one way or another. :confused:

Canberra lost it's only Starbucks around 12 years ago, overpriced coffee doesn't get return trade unless it is good. I don't mind starbucks when I travel, as it means wifi and clean toilets but they have much competition now and I usually get the Mango smoothie anyway.

I always get the specialty coffees on board. I ask them to make it how I like it... Its never going to be the same as home.... I am happy and I am on holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Canberra lost it's only Starbucks around 12 years ago, overpriced coffee doesn't get return trade unless it is good. I don't mind starbucks when I travel, as it means wifi and clean toilets but they have much competition now and I usually get the Mango smoothie anyway.

I go for the ice-blended / frappuchinos etc when travelling and the only options are Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Co, Pacific Coffee Co - all American chains.

Although Starbucks espresso is OK (just).

If you want good coffee cruise via Melbourne or Wellington. Both cities have been voted as having the best coffee in the world

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha correct! Although if we were booked on another AUS/NZ cruise I wouldn't be asking the question. This trip is an Asian tour and while I expect pretty ordinary coffee from the cruise line, I was interested to know just how ordinary Princess makes it vs the swill that that we are used to on Celebrity cruises.

Ha correct! Although if we were booked on another AUS/NZ cruise I wouldn't be asking the question. This trip is an Asian tour and while I expect pretty ordinary coffee from the cruise line, I was interested to know just how ordinary Princess makes it vs the swill that that we are used to on Celebrity cruises.

well now, here is my POV to add to the confusion.

IMO, the brew coffee is worse on X than Princess but the barista coffee is better on X than on Princess. I suggest you may want to drink tea.;p

I can never understand why they call it ‘speciality’ coffee. It’s not that special.

True.

One of the definitions of speciality is "meeting particular tastes or needs."

But as the brewed swill is the norm, especially for most Americans, the espresso-based coffee meets particular tastes, especially those of Australians. :D

Having just done 5 weeks on Sapphire and Royal Princesses in Europe, might I inform you that IMO the quality of the coffee on tap in the Horizon Court Buffet has improved, albeit very slightly, just about drinkable, but often very strong, just add some hot water.;)