First time MSC cruiser ramblings on Seaside.

frank808

Let us know what Allesandro says about the unlocked door into the YC please.

Is Arthur's section near windows?

Just talked to him and he said he was aware of it and thanks. Did not say it would be fixed today or anything. Will see if it gets fixed by next Saturday or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank808, you mentioned Olin. If you mean Onil, he is at home on vacation right now. Sorry you will miss him. Thank you for your comments and reviews.
Thanks for the update. It was a post and I thought his name was Olin but now I know it is Onil. Was there another star pool personnel?

Not having Onil is a shame for you. Sergei (blond haired fellow) is also very good. I know he is a big football fan, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is off for World Cup, though. Thanks for doing your updates. We can't wait for our return in March for a B2B.

Thanks for the update. It was a post and I thought his name was Olin but now I know it is Onil. Was there another star pool personnel?

Had breakfast at 10am this morning at the buffet on deck 8. It was less crowded than windjammer on oasis. Food was definitely comparable but a few less choices. Bacon today was more like royal. Not the thicker cut bacon available in the topsail restaurant.

Here is the pizza menu somebody asked for.

If I forgot anyone's request or have a question, please ask away.8de3996c90799dfbdf5619bb4ea5080f.jpg

Had breakfast at 10am this morning at the buffet on deck 8. It was less crowded than windjammer on oasis. Food was definitely comparable but a few less choices. Bacon today was more like royal. Not the thicker cut bacon available in the topsail restaurant.

If I forgot anyone's request or have a question, please ask away.

I noticed it says "Pizza Delivery." Do they delivery whole pizzas to your stateroom??

• Administrators
Awesome. Got to see all the senior officers and chat. Capt Palma seemed sincerely interested as his officers on comments about ship and experiences. There were great cocktails and apps were served. It definitely beat the VC party out on by royal. Met a couple of cc members but it was only attended by about 30 of us. Also got a group pic with all of us and officers. Well done in my opinion.

Also right after, there was the yc cocktail party in the lounge with captain and officers. Got to talk to to officers again.

Glad to read this positive feedback. Frank, if you remember would you be able to send us a copy of that photo? community@cruisecritic.com

Thanks!

Laura

I noticed it says "Pizza Delivery." Do they delivery whole pizzas to your stateroom??
Yes. It was on 2 plates wrapped in tinfoil. Did not have any box the 3 nights we ordered pizza. Will say that the room service menu of items on royal is better than MSC. But the MSC pizza is the best. Though I have wanted chicken wings, honey stung chicken or some alfredo pasta late and it is not available. If you just love pizza you will love MSC, but I like a little variety.

If I forgot anyone's request or have a question, please ask away.8de3996c90799dfbdf5619bb4ea5080f.jpg

Thanks for the menu!

Yes. It was on 2 plates wrapped in tinfoil. Did not have any box the 3 nights we ordered pizza. Will say that the room service menu of items on royal is better than MSC. But the MSC pizza is the best. Though I have wanted chicken wings, honey stung chicken or some alfredo pasta late and it is not available. If you just love pizza you will love MSC, but I like a little variety.

Wheres the best place to get chicken wings and alfredo pasta on the seaside?

Wheres the best place to get chicken wings and alfredo pasta on the seaside?
Not on seaside. It was on royal ships oasis and allure. Wish it was available on seaside.

Edited by frank808

None. It was on royal ships oasis and allure. Wish it was available on seaside.

Oh wow thats dissapointing. I keep reading that msc has great pastas...surely they have an awesome alftedo pasta somewhere.

Oh wow thats dissapointing. I keep reading that msc has great pastas...surely they have an awesome alftedo pasta somewhere.

I thought the Sports Bar had wings. You might be able to find or ask for Alfredo sauce at the pasta section of the buffet.

I thought the Sports Bar had wings. You might be able to find or ask for Alfredo sauce at the pasta section of the buffet.

You can get wings at sports bar when they are open. It is an additional charge. There is definitely alfredo sauce for pasta during the times mdr and buffet is open.

I was saying no wings or pasta available in the room service menu.

Edited by frank808

Tonight was lobster night. It was 7oz cold water lobsters. Wife said it was better than royals lobster night. I can verify the lobster was bigger than what royal serves in coastal kitchen and mdr.

The violinist and pianist in the yc lounge are very good. I have stayed and listened to there music almost every night. They play many hits. I really like the songs they play from momma mia and cats.

Service is the best I have ever had on a ship. Beats the suite and concierge lounges I have been in. Hands down the service is above what sky class gets on royal. I have never sailed star class so cannot compare.

Tonight was lobster night. It was 7oz cold water lobsters. Wife said it was better than royals lobster night. I can verify the lobster was bigger than what royal serves in coastal kitchen and mdr.

The violinist and pianist in the yc lounge are very good. I have stayed and listened to there music almost every night. They play many hits. I really like the songs they play from momma mia and cats.

Service is the best I have ever had on a ship. Beats the suite and concierge lounges I have been in. Hands down the service is above what sky class gets on royal. I have never sailed star class so cannot compare.

Oz99zss0lpwe3.es

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We were actually able as b2b to get on the ship a few minutes before the butler got the yc guests up to top sail lounge. On royal, sometimes we would board (as b2b) after general boarding starts. So this was nice.

Really like the way mac handles life boat drills regarding b2b cruisers. Was told we did not have to attend since we did it last week. I do not know if you have to go if you are in a different cabin, but we are in same cabin.

Also there was a b2b luncheon on deck 5 in the mdr.

There are a LOT more kids in top dail lounge this week. Was told there are about 59 kids and some are wild. Parents do not care that the kids are running around wild. Kids lying on the couches in top sail lounge like it's their living room. Very big difference from last week were the children were well behaved and manners prevailed. I believe allesandro and the concierges will be fielding some complaints from irate passengers this week.

Had dinner in butchers cut and I can say the ribeye and filet mignon are very good. Wife had shrimp cocktail and it was very tasty. Also these were the biggest shrimp that I have seen. Way bigger than. What chips serves on royal.

Met 3 other cruise critic members. The only handle my foggy memory remembers is mafig. Hope to meet more members before the week is up.

Wow, that’s a lot of kids. I think there were about 30 or so when we went in June, and staff said that was a lot for the YC. We could tell some of our fellow passengers weren’t happy. We have our own kids, and will bring them in October - but they won’t be allowed to run wild in the lounge. It’s such a great value for families, that I bet summer brings lots of kids.

Hope you can enjoy your time in the Top Sail this week. Have a Hemingway Dacquiri for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums