Entertainment on board Escape

GMomKassie

You do not need to make reservations for the main dining rooms, however, if you wish to eat in specialty restaurants you can make reservations.

SOME shows will require a reservation, but there will be a waiting line formed at the theater if you don't book and approx 10 minutes before showtime you will be let in if seats are available.

Can someone explain how the nightly shows work. We are new to Norwegian, always done RCCL in the past. Do you need to sign up/ reserve seats or just go to shows?

It is like sailing on a RCCL quantum or oasis class ship.

After Midnight and For The Record require reservations in advance (120 days prior to cruise). You can also book choir of Man.

On board, you can book one comedy show (like RCCL).

All shows, you can wait for standby seats.

All other entertainment is first come first serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried time and time again to book The Brat Pack, and every time slot was cancelled, and in a rookie move, and hungry, once on board I ran to the buffet.....should of went to the box office....the only show I got to see was Choir of Men (great show), and came in late to Howl at the Moon to standing room only....run to the box office if you cannot book online

Call the toll free number listed under your logged in NCL account, 1.866.234.7350 , and just go over with them what your desired shows, times, dining, etc. is and they can help you find things that are available. one of the glitches in the NCL system is that if you make a reservation, it will hold it, but sometimes not tell you - it occurred to me on more then one occasion - and to clear it up, have to call in. On the Escape last year, it told me I didn't have any reservations, but then would not let me make dining reservations because of a conflict with entertainment - had to call in to find out a reservation that told me I didn't receive actually went thru.

I tried time and time again to book The Brat Pack, and every time slot was cancelled, and in a rookie move, and hungry, once on board I ran to the buffet.....should of went to the box office....the only show I got to see was Choir of Men (great show), and came in late to Howl at the Moon to standing room only....run to the box office if you cannot book online

Howl at the Moon isn't something that can be booked anyway. It's live music in a bar. People come and go as they please. Sometimes it's crowded, and sometimes it's not. If it is, look around and wait around for a seat. One will usually open up in a few minutes, since people are constantly coming and going.

Edited by LrgPizza

Can you only book one comedy show for an entire 7 night cruise and then you have to wait in line to try to get into all the other shows that they offer? If that is the case, what is the likelihood of getting seats at the other times the comedians perform?

Can you only book one comedy show for an entire 7 night cruise and then you have to wait in line to try to get into all the other shows that they offer? If that is the case, what is the likelihood of getting seats at the other times the comedians perform?

I don't know how many you can book, because we've never found the need. We usually hit 3 or 4 shows each cruise, and we always just wait a few minutes in the stand-by line. Not a problem.

😱 anyone know how many actual seats r booked online? My cruise is sold out and I c shows disappearing? There must b like 900 or more seats in Escape theatre? Are most of them available at box office👌thx

On the Breakaway, we booked every comedy show they had on board (some were repeated early or late, we only booked one of these). It wasn't every night, but we saw three or four different shows. Go to the box office as soon as you board. Check out the dates and times on the NCL app so when you get to the desk, you can just ask for each person in your party to be booked for whichever shows you want. They definitely let you book more than one.

With respect to the comedy shows....recently on the Escape you were able to book/reserve one comedy show (Levity) after boarding and if you wanted to go to that same comedy show again you had to go standby.

Reservations for the comedy shows filled up fast...we werent able to get a reservation and didnt want to wait on the standby line. If you are interested in the comedy show you should probably reserve as soon as you board.

If you are Platinum Plus, do you think you can count on the Concierge to secure reservations for the shows once onboard?

Don:cool:

I'm only guessing based on our experience a few weeks ago but I'd say slim. It was Wednesday before concierge could muster a "hello" to us who were in Haven.

I'm only guessing based on our experience a few weeks ago but I'd say slim. It was Wednesday before concierge could muster a "hello" to us who were in Haven.

WOW...very surprised.

Who is the Concierge on the Escape?

I've been very lucky with the concierge on all the NCL ships.

I have booked restaurant reservations, but not shows.

I thought there was private seating for Haven guests for the shows....you should have been able to sit in that section. I believe they have them roped off on many NCL ships.

WOW...very surprised.

Who is the Concierge on the Escape?

I've been very lucky with the concierge on all the NCL ships.

I have booked restaurant reservations, but not shows.

I thought there was private seating for Haven guests for the shows....you should have been able to sit in that section. I believe they have them roped off on many NCL ships.

David.

There are roped off areas on Escape on the left side. One of the two assistants would take groups down.

David.

There are roped off areas on Escape on the left side. One of the two assistants would take groups down.

I believe David was the concierge on the Breakaway last year.

The lady that was his assistant was great, but I did not have much interaction with him as you mentioned.

The best NCL Concierge I have ever met on all my cruises was Elvina De Menese. This wonderful lady was on last January's GEM 10 day cruise. They do not come any better than Elvina!;)