Elite Laundry

Bug2travel

I’ve only used Elite Laundy once and that was for casual clothes. We’ll be on the ship for 35 days for our next cruise so would like to take advantage of the service for our dressier clothes. Most of these are rayon or have spandex so can’t take high heat drying. Has anyone sent these out or do you just hand wash or you self laundry?

Thank you.

I personally try not to use their laundry service because of all the problems we've had over the years even with inexpensive clothing.

Many people swear by their service but it hasn't been all that good for us.

If you do send in items take photo's before your do so you can show them the damage and make sure you specify cold wash & cool dry.

I will say that the cleaning service has been OK and we have yet to have any problems with it.

Take a very large zip lock bag. Place the large item in the bag and add water and a small amount of shampoo. Massage the bag for several minutes and rinse the item very well. Squeeze out the excess water and hange to dry. Its the same principle as laundering undies in a small bag.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We've been using the Princess Elite laundry/cleaning for many years.

We only send his undies out marked laundry.

Everything else we marked cleaned.

No problems so far. :D

We do mostly the same, but make sure to write down cold wash in the instruction area.

We have also sent white t-shirts and socks separately without the cold water instructions.

I send out my cotton, casual clothes but not dressier stuff. I was on 30 days in March, sold as a 14 and 16 day so I packed for 14 days. Brought 3 Formal outfits, wore each one twice. I'm not sending those out. My tops for smart casual are all lightweight, gauze or silky type material, did a few in the sink as others suggest. I wear a great deal of cotton, did one load in the laundry room on a sea day.

We do our own laundry regardless of what we are washing. If our stuff comes back ruined from the send out laundry, it would ruin our vacation. I'm not willing to take that chance, I know how to do laundry and it's done on sea days.

We only send casual clothes and my underwear to the ship's laundry. The wife washes her undies and delicate clothes. One problem we had once was with a pair of her white jeans. The little ID tag the laundry sticks on the clothes has the ID number written in ink that ran during the wash and stained the white jeans.

I Only send out jeans, socks and anything else I don’t care if it comes back with pinholes or stretched. Have had tee shirts and DH undies come back with pin holes. Took the shirts down to PSD and they had them mended. Showed them the undies too but told them no mending required.

i send out jeans, t-shirts, socks and undies. the blouses and dressier clothes i wash or spot clean.

what's the difference between laundry and cleaning?

Their laundry is typically washed in very hot water & dried in their hot dryers. Besides damage to the material it means shrinkage unlike I've never seen at home. (especially if things were never dried that hot before)

The "cleaning" process is a replacement for the old dry cleaning method and seems to be much easier on most materials.

I still wouldn't trust it on better clothing.

I rarely pack "good" clothes and send it all in for laundry. Never had a problem. If there is a problem, I won't care.

I usually pack one dressy dress for formal night and add a couple of "bling" tops if we're on a really long cruise (longest was 43 days). Short cruises (less than 15 days), I wear the same dress on formal nights.

I've never understood the need to change into different, never before seen clothes on a cruise.

DH packs a suit (but lately he feels more relaxed about it) and will probably leave it at home on the next cruise.

Their laundry is typically washed in very hot water & dried in their hot dryers. Besides damage to the material it means shrinkage unlike I've never seen at home. (especially if things were never dried that hot before)

The "cleaning" process is a replacement for the old dry cleaning method and seems to be much easier on most materials.

I still wouldn't trust it on better clothing.

thank you. i don't think i've ever owned anything that required dry cleaning. i never thought to send regular things out to clean instead of launder.... obviously i don't think outside the box!

We only take casual wash and wear clothes on cruises. We send everything that needs to be cleaned to the laundry. In order to not take huge suitcases for long cruises, we use the laundry service. So far they have managed to mess up a zipper on a pair of my shorts and this last cruise lost my tshirt. Overall though the service has been good and turn around as advertised when we boarded. Now if I could just get them to not press my jeans, it would be great.

thank you. i don't think i've ever owned anything that required dry cleaning. i never thought to send regular things out to clean instead of launder.... obviously i don't think outside the box!

Neither do we, but somehow the "cleaning" service seems to be a more gentile process and as long as it's free I'll take advantage of it.

I still hand wash items like my socks & underwear & occasionally a T shirt all the time using their liquid soap. They dry by the next morning & I can use their iron on the shirt.

We’re new to Elite and will have our first “free wash” opportunity on our September TA. My DW is always concerned about the hot wash / hot dry issue. Does indicating “Cold Wash - Cool Dry” seem to work?

We’re new to Elite and will have our first “free wash” opportunity on our September TA. My DW is always concerned about the hot wash / hot dry issue. Does indicating “Cold Wash - Cool Dry” seem to work?

It has for some of my wife's items like a slip & some underwear although I still don't trust it after a number of time they shrunk my Polo shirt, underwear & especially socks.

I've never had any pin holes or losses that some have experienced.

Since we don't fly to our port in Florida I can take as much clothing as I need but still manage with 1 medium suitcase even for longer cruises like 28 days. (without formal clothing I might add)

We have sent everything in on over 120 days of cruises and not one issue or any shrinkage. I do take a stain stick with me and treat my stains before sending it in. This helps a lot. They look just like a deodorant stick. As I understand it, there is no “hot” wash used at all. Only issue we have had is on long cruises with lots of elite it sometimes takes days to get back! I take pics on my phone of each batch I send in to make sure it all returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sent a light weight cotton blouse. The tags used to identify it put 3, 1/4 inch holes in a triangle pattern. T shirts and jeans fine, but nothing that needs a gentle touch.

Odd---the ID tags on our stuff were heat fused to the inside of the garment (iron on)