What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Booked on 3/10 Getaway midship balcony. Price on Spa Haven reduced to $2250, so reduced bid down to $500, since price difference now is just $900.  Also bid on courtyard Haven at $600 since that was reduced to $2650. My bid would be 50% of the difference. The upgrade meter shows them both in the High Poor to Low fair category. Availability is still good, with about 40 percent still available in both categories.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, NY1sttimers said:

Sailing on the Breakaway, May 19th in a mid ship balcony. When can I expect to receive an upgrade offer? Also, I know NCL says that not everyone gets one, any ideas on how likely it is we get one based on the cruise we're on? Thanks in advance!

I'm on the same sailing and I got an email from NCL to bid on upgrades today. 

It will be our 50th anniversary, so I booked the Haven for our December trip.  Has anyone had any bidding for the best cabin in the Haven?  I did not want to take the chance of not being in the Haven category.  We booked forward H7 because we liked the bigger room.  Did not want to book the aft balcony due to the long walk to the haven area (bad knee).

28 minutes ago, Pugs said:

How do you bid for an upgrade

Not everyone gets an invite. 80 days before your cruise check My NCL on the NCL site. If you have an invite there will be a link to bid. Also keep checking My NCL sometimes the invite comes much later.

31 minutes ago, newyorkmary said:

I want to bid on the Haven, but so expensive. Do they ever lower the minimum bid?

I have seen minimum bids change, but keep in mind, if they DO lower the minimum bid on your sailing, it is likely that someone has already bid at least the old minimum, so depending on inventory, you are unlikely to win by bidding the new minimum.

51 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have seen minimum bids change, but keep in mind, if they DO lower the minimum bid on your sailing, it is likely that someone has already bid at least the old minimum, so depending on inventory, you are unlikely to win by bidding the new minimum.

Jamie - on my cruise on 3/10 Getaway, the retail price on Haven categories has dropped but the BID amount minimums has NOT dropped. So I reduced my amount a bit so that if my offer is accepted, I won't be paying the same amount as the reduced minimums and still not get all the new Haven perks.

Just received notification this afternoon for the Getaway leaving on Sunday 3/3.  Bid was accepted from an inside room to a spa balcony for $155 a person.  I had almost lost hope, but think we ended up getting awesome deal!

Love following this thread but I have a question that I don't think has been addressed. Apologies if it has. There has been a lot of talk about minimums but what about time period?

I understand that a bid can be accepted within hours and up to two days before you set sail, but is there a sweet spot in between, when a lot of bids are accepted? Ie. 45 days before a cruise?  Just curious. 😀

Going on Bliss 3/9 with a group and received upgrade offers.  I was a bit confused because it is pretty much a free cruise.  This thread helped a lot.  Would be nice to upgrade to Haven.  I’m not I frequent cruiser, but the couple I’ve been on, the extra room may be nice.  But I spend so little time in the cabin.  I will do a few bids, but don’t expect to get upgraded.

Edited by StrikeZ

41 minutes ago, HippoSail said:

Love following this thread but I have a question that I don't think has been addressed. Apologies if it has. There has been a lot of talk about minimums but what about time period?

I understand that a bid can be accepted within hours and up to two days before you set sail, but is there a sweet spot in between, when a lot of bids are accepted? Ie. 45 days before a cruise?  Just curious. 😀

The usual time for the bulk of bids to be processed is 3-7 days out from sailing. Some are processed last minute, at the 48 hour mark. Some are processed much further out, but that is pretty rare. Usually when we see bids being accepts far out from sailing it is due to one of three factors:

• The bid is exceptionally high and may be triggering some sort of auto-accept threshold set by NCL.
  • The sailing is full and is being pulled from the NCL site for additional bookings, so they go ahead and process all the bids.
  • The sailing still has a lot of inventory and NCL is about to lower prices, so they process high bids in order to "lock them in" before the price drop.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The usual time for the bulk of bids to be processed is 3-7 days out from sailing. Some are processed last minute, at the 48 hour mark. Some are processed much further out, but that is pretty rare. Usually when we see bids being accepts far out from sailing it is due to one of three factors:

• The bid is exceptionally high and may be triggering some sort of auto-accept threshold set by NCL.
  • The sailing is full and is being pulled from the NCL site for additional bookings, so they go ahead and process all the bids.
  • The sailing still has a lot of inventory and NCL is about to lower prices, so they process high bids in order to "lock them in" before the price drop.

Thank you! I knew you would have the answer 🙂 

Just got my denial emails for the 3/3 Breakaway out of New Orleans.  Going from mini suite (MA) bidding on Haven.

H4 - 2 bedroom family villa w/balcony - bid $1070pp 

H5 - Courtyard Penthouse - bid $1025pp

H6 - Aft facing Penthouse - $1210pp

H9 - Spa suite $650pp 

There wasn't too many Haven rooms left earlier in the week (mock bookings showed 2 or 3 on Monday and Tuesday.)  

No big deal, just means more money for the next cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jethrojam said:

So when you all say PP...is that for 2 if you already have the extra person(s) sails free deal included, or is the upgrade independent of that deal?   

It's per person for the first 2. Others in your cabin will not be an extra charge.

12 hours ago, jethrojam said:

So when you all say PP...is that for 2 if you already have the extra person(s) sails free deal included, or is the upgrade independent of that deal?   

It doesn't matter if you have 3rd&4th guest free as one of your perks or not. Upgrades are ALWAYS charged at double occupancy. Whether you have 4 people in your room or only one, you always pay the upgrade bid times two.

Edited by JamieLogical

So my cruise (3/17 on Pearl from Tampa) disappeared from NCL’s site last night after first showing all balcony cabins sold out.  A few hours earlier, there were 16 family balconies and a few others in the various categories.  Then the cruise appeared again this morning, with only Obstructed View and Sail Away OV available.  Now some inside, ocean view and mini suites are available (mostly as “guarantee”). Any ideas on what’s going on?  My bids still appear so I’m still hoping to snag an upgrade. 

Success with 3-3-19 Escape bid.  We (shockingly) went from a Haven Spa Suite to a Deluxe Owners Suite.  Bid was $760/person and the edocs I just downloaded confirm the new cabin.  Two strange things about this: 

1.  The category was sold out when I booked the trip last December and still showed up as sold out when I placed my bid last week.

2.  The minimum bid dropped from an original $1,500 (back in December) to $750 (last week).  We weren't considering upgrading, but figured for a total of $1,520, we would love spending the week in the large cabin.  With the Deluxe Owners being sold out anyway, it felt like a trivial, time-waster exercise to even place a bid.  

One question: Will we loose our thermal suite access due to the switch?  I thought you kept all the benefits of your original booking, however,  we're no longer in a spa suite.  I assume access doesn't transition over to the upgraded, non-spa cabin. 

3 minutes ago, Bkhans said:

Success with 3-3-19 Escape bid.  We (shockingly) went from a Haven Spa Suite to a Deluxe Owners Suite.  Bid was $760/person and the edocs I just downloaded confirm the new cabin.  Two strange things about this: 

1.  The category was sold out when I booked the trip last December and still showed up as sold out when I placed my bid last week.

2.  The minimum bid dropped from an original $1,500 (back in December) to $750 (last week).  We weren't considering upgrading, but figured for a total of $1,520, we would love spending the week in the large cabin.  With the Deluxe Owners being sold out anyway, it felt like a trivial, time-waster exercise to even place a bid.  

One question: Will we loose our thermal suite access due to the switch?  I thought you kept all the benefits of your original booking, however,  we're no longer in a spa suite.  I assume access doesn't transition over to the upgraded, non-spa cabin. 

Congratulations!  I also won a bid to a Haven suite when the category showed as sold out.  Good for you!

To answer your other question, YES, you will lose the thermal spa access with the move, but you can still purchase spa passes if they are available.  You keep the original "free at sea" perks you booked with, that is what that means.  Since you were already in a suite, you will get those perks.